Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

a1b1trader

M using Airtel 3G ...7mbps speed .........950 plan.........after 6GB its come to 160 kbps speed.......please answer can I trade with this speed........
IMO, you can
But do not open many browser windows or use many softwares that use internet.
Just open your trading terminal and start opening others one by one and keep a check on the performance of your trading terminal.
Sometimes it happens that you will find streaming quotes in the terminal but it lags by few minutes.
So also keep an eye on the terminal time as well

a1b1trader

I also use bsnl broadband, but when ZT hangs , traderji etc sites work, that means internet is ok......today faced this chart problem 6-7 times....:(
Hi
I think you are mistaken.
Surfing web and running a trading terminal using internet are two different things.
If there is disconnection even for a few seconds (say 5-10 seconds) your surfing will not be affected but trading terminal will stop.
I am using NOW and ODIN side by side, and found that whenever ODIN stops NOW also stops working. (I have a peculiar problem I daily have a internet disconnection in between 2.55 - 3.05 and I have to reconnect ODIN but NOW reconnects by itself). So this is the fault of internet connection and not of ZT or Zerodhas.
For better performance use data card, but remember data cards too have disconnection/failures, but to a lesser extent.

a1b1trader

Ravi bhai
With me too.I use tradertiger too for charting purpose.So upto a certain extent I am not bothered.Seems Zerodha does not have time to look into such matters.::cool::cool:
It is not Zerodhas fault (they cant do anything in this matter), it is due to internet disconnection for a few seconds

futures

But ..where do you find that ? is not tomorrow a declared Holiday in NSE Calendar ...am I missing something ? what is it ? also Is it normal trade timing ?

I have closed all open position thinking that holiday till Monday :(
Mega,

According to NSE website, only Interest rate derivatives are closed t'rrow(your link in the previous post refers to it)...

But, equity derivatives are open t'rrow..

http://www.nseindia.com/products/content/derivatives/equities/mrkt_timing_holidays.htm

a1b1trader

But ..where do you find that ? is not tomorrow a declared Holiday in NSE Calendar ...am I missing something ? what is it ? also Is it normal trade timing ?

I have closed all open position thinking that holiday till Monday :(
Zerodha sent mails on 21.1.13, that reads
Dear Traders:

We hope the New Year has started out just the way you wished. This is a year where Zerodha has decided to connect better with you so you will hear a lot more from us. Please note that Friday, January 25, 2013 is Id-E-Milad, and on this occasion:

1. Currency Derivatives Segment (CDS) on NSE would be closed.
2. Commodity markets will be open ONLY for the evening trading session between 5:00 PM and 11:55 PM.
3. Equity and Derivatives segments would be open for trading as usual.

Check out Z-Connect if you'd like to know more about the Market Holiday Calendar this year and much much more.

Happy Trading,
Team Zerodha

GTji

Zerodha is it true that you are going to discontinue NSE NOW for everybody eventually? I want to keep NSE NOW as my trading platform. Please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.