Zerodha Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

comm4300

25th and 26th were DP holidays.. If it is not showing in your holding, it must be because we haven't received delivery..
okay thanks. Purchase made on 25th are showing on t1 holdings column in NOW.

I'll give it a couple of days and hopefully, will get to see the purchase being credited into demat.

However, if the delivery did not happen? what happens next?
when will i get my money back?

Zerodha

okay thanks. Purchase made on 25th are showing on t1 holdings column in NOW.

I'll give it a couple of days and hopefully, will get to see the purchase being credited into demat.

However, if the delivery did not happen? what happens next?
when will i get my money back?
You should see it tomorrow morning in demat holdings, delay because of the holidays..

I want to open an account for commodity-trading on MCX. I went to Zerodha's website & was a little confused as it says that Nest Plus is built into the platform as a charting-tool & yet we have to subscribe to GDFL??? Doesn't Zerodha & Nest Plus have their own data???

May be I'm not aware of how this works so please somebody clarify on this.
And is there some "minimum deposit" requirement with Zerodha?

comm4300

I want to open an account for commodity-trading on MCX. I went to Zerodha's website & was a little confused as it says that Nest Plus is built into the platform as a charting-tool & yet we have to subscribe to GDFL??? Doesn't Zerodha & Nest Plus have their own data???

May be I'm not aware of how this works so please somebody clarify on this.
And is there some "minimum deposit" requirement with Zerodha?
there is no "have to" with zerodha. GDFL is a option for advanced charting software.

Zerodha + nest plus are good enough for charting needs.

there is no min. deposit. no monthly maint. requirement.

kumudhan

Re: MCX Gold and Silver spot in Market

Todays Market Precious Metal Gold and Silver stands in Good position in Market, which is green shade, so in the Morning or we can say in early trade both metals are in green shade, and Gold recent price is 30334.00 with 0.01% change, and silver recent price is 58340.00 with 0.15% change. Both metals are very precious metal for Indian Commodity Market, silver and gold mainly trade in Market and now a days Precious metals are in good position in market.
great posting in an appropriate thread......

there is no "have to" with zerodha. GDFL is a option for advanced charting software.

Zerodha + nest plus are good enough for charting needs.

there is no min. deposit. no monthly maint. requirement.
Thanks :) What features does Nest Plus have? I think it does have Moving Averages (can we put 2 or more on the same chart?) & candlesticks but how far does the data go back? I read 15 days on one of the threads, is it true? What timeframes are available? Also read that there are "gaps" in the intraday charts sometimes, does it occur frequently? Being mostly a price-based technical trader, that might cost me some false trades :( Will be grateful if you could answer the queries :)

comm4300

Thanks :) What features does Nest Plus have? I think it does have Moving Averages (can we put 2 or more on the same chart?) & candlesticks but how far does the data go back? I read 15 days on one of the threads, is it true? What timeframes are available? Also read that there are "gaps" in the intraday charts sometimes, does it occur frequently? Being mostly a price-based technical trader, that might cost me some false trades :( Will be grateful if you could answer the queries :)
request you to check

http://www.zerodha.com/z-connect/blog/view/charting-nest-starter-pack

for detailed information.

Hi Prabhu,

We are still working on the dynamics of it,

The risk for us is when a client sells and we don't deliver to the exchange. Before we take it live we need to be 100% sure that the system is in place..
As long as the broker blocks appropriate margins, there should be no risk to the broker.

If this system works reliably, then Indian investors do not need to open multiple demat accounts to trade with multiple brokers.

Looking forward to hear more from Zerodha about this.

Zerodha

As long as the broker blocks appropriate margins, there should be no risk to the broker.

If this system works reliably, then Indian investors do not need to open multiple demat accounts to trade with multiple brokers.

Looking forward to hear more from Zerodha about this.
Assume a client has Rs 1000 in his trading account and he wants to sell 100 shares of Reliance worth (1lk) which is in another demat..

Do we let the client do it or ask him to transfer funds to sell his holding??

This is the issue, we cannot ask clients for funds in such a case!! what if we let the client sell and we realize the shares weren't transferred?? The broker will have to bear the penalty then..

That said, the depository is putting up a system for this and we are waiting for the same...

Status
Not open for further replies.