Votes: 19 59.4%
  • March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

jagankris

Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate it. My approach for intraday is going to be a bit different. What I find is that if we restrict ourselves to few selected stocks, we can do better in swing trading or investments. For intraday, we must capitalize on the market hype.

I may be wrong. However, we have to think a little different if we want to stand-out from the crowd. Hence, I'm going to give this strategy a little longer run. Market hype, volumes, volatility history and timing are going to be the basis of my technique.
IMM,

Just can you explain a bit on Market hype ?
How to create an indicator for market hype ?

TIA.

Best regards,
JK

@ Jagan:

Market hype is what you read about in newspapers, watch on the TV news channels, browse on the stock related websites etc. These type of stories can be true or false. However, they create a certain hype around a stock for few minutes/hours. So, our aim for the intraday should be to capture the price movement according to the market hype. We have to strike in the small window of profit which these news stories create.
For ex: Yesterday, the news about Suzlon acquisition created a spurt in its price movement.

I understand it very well that it's not going to be practical to keep tab on every (profitable) news in the stock market. Hence, I'm devising a new system which will streamline the method of selecting stocks for the day. Ensuring that most of the times, we'll be swimming along with the big Sharks who create these stories. :)

nimish_rulz

Rahul,

Traderji had given the permission of the same long time back. However, I need to see how that will be arranged. I can't keep it a "Open for all" kind of invite. There are some who just like to criticize and I need to keep such elements out. So lets see how and when this gets materializes. I'll also have to come up with a structured way to go about it. Since many members will want different things, it won't be possible to deal with everything in one session. There is also a problem regarding location. I don't know how many can manage to come down from different cities to where I live.

Tc
Wow! If this materialises it would be the best thing that can happen in 2011!!!! Really looking forward to it. Happy new yr Raunak Bhai!!! Hope you keep making stunning returns and also take us higher with your insight. Sorry had disappeared from traderji as was travelling around for new yrs and also busy with the business commitments.

alroyraj

Check which one came first... SL or Tgt!!!:rofl:
Whatever it is,doubt anyone would have had the guts to trade this. Incidentally market profile analysis suggested the same. So it is not a baseless view.
Also I expected this only in the spot the premium goes haywire in such a scenario. Few here on these forums execute shorts well like Anant ,and now perhaps Gangadharan.
EDIT: I do not mean to scare anyone or contradict anyone. My timeframe of noted observations is short term or sometimes of lagging information. Markets typically try to test the resistance then come down in order to gather more momentum. It is as natural as breathing. I try to see whether in these volatility I can pick a sensible entry point.

Last edited:

SwingKing

Hi Raunak,

Thinking of entering M&M if I get @ 773 (CPM777 Jan Fut).
I hope structure is not damaged by today's fall.
Rahul,

Anything related to interest rates is witnessing pressure. Hence, If M&M can sustain above 770 levels, be long in it. Else, stay away from it.

If you go long, just keep a SL of 765-766

Tc

alroyraj

Rahul,

Anything related to interest rates is witnessing pressure. Hence, If M&M can sustain above 770 levels, be long in it. Else, stay away from it.

If you go long, just keep a SL of 765-766

Tc
Thanks Raunak for the sane voice of counsel. Was trying to go long but was waiting for some stability. Did not anticipate the effect of the interest rate or maybe it is some effort to shake the longs.
Have seen the bullishness in some counters like Hindalco.

Hi Raunak,
Initially I was long in YESBANK , but because of yesterdays fall and other news of Deposit rate hike I closed my long position.
Currently I am Short in YESBANK from 307 Level. As it is trading below its 15 days average now , I am expecting it to correct further.
Shall I sqareoff my Short and book my profits now or Keep my shorts intact ?

Your valuable suggestion is much needed

Regards,
Deep