• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Raunak Sir,

Thank you for the wonderful post.. But it does not look very easy to use it .. at least for me..... So will you please give a detailed post describing how to use it effectively. It looks like a very HUGE CAKE in front of me. Off course I am hungry and I love Cake. But still sir,...... Will you please cut it and serve.

Thanks a lot.
Gangadharan.
Gangadharan, Itsmemad and Others,

I can easily link all these variables and write a post on it. But how will it help in learning? What I will ask you guys is to have a discussion here and write what you guys know. I will then write what I think and how I am relating it. This way you will develop the necessary analytical skills and would be able to do this in my absence. Dont be afraid of being wrong. Just write.

Traders who do extremely well year on year are the one's who can foresee and relate fundamentals together. Technicals alone will not help that much. Neither will fundamentals for that matter. You need to link them together. So, guys get started. Am waiting for your posts.

Tc

Apurv7164

Hi Raunak

Thanks again for the explanations. I just had a little walk outside. It looks very beautiful in my place, as there is the first snow in this coming winter. I do not know, if you ever had the feeling to walk through snow. Blue sky, freezing cold, very quit as snow eats the noise and a great feeling inside of your self. At the moment I live near a little mountain and when I look out my living room, I see only countryside. For many years in Asia I have seen every day the blue ocean and now I see what I missed for years in Asia. Snow.

Have a nice weekend

DanPickUp
Even I do not miss opportunity to go on walk on very first snow... however, i love to have Irish or Cappuccino for the walk....

Apurv7164

Apurv Dear,

Good to see someone pulling my leg. :)

Tc
Ha ha ha.... arey sirji.... I am busy in packing and all for coming back to India and hence cud not look at chart for sometime... due to this I was totally out of touch with you guys.... so thought of posting something to let you guys know that I am still alive.... ;)

Now my problem was what to post coz I m not in touch with charts these days and found this post of yours so grabbed opportunity....

nac

I can easily link all these variables and write a post on it. But how will it help in learning? What I will ask you guys is to have a discussion here and write what you guys know. I will then write what I think and how I am relating it. This way you will develop the necessary analytical skills and would be able to do this in my absence. Dont be afraid of being wrong. Just write.

Traders who do extremely well year on year are the one's who can foresee and relate fundamentals together. Technicals alone will not help that much. Neither will fundamentals for that matter. You need to link them together. So, guys get started. Am waiting for your posts.

Tc
This should one of the post I liked very much Raunak. I don't find an option to click "Thanks" more than once... So here it goes :thanx::thanx::thanx::thanx:

It's the best/better way to educate us, rather than replying us our query by saying XXX going north/south, buy above, sell below (no offense Raunak). I try to come up with what I know about those things.

gauharjk

Tc
Raunak Sir,

Allow me to interpret the data you have given...

DISCLAIMER: I am not an economist, so whatever I say should not be taken seriously. :D

In my opinion, 2011 macro-economic estimates are too optimistic.

For 2011
Estimated Real GDP 8.5% vs 8.3%
Inflation 6.1% vs 7.7&
CPI 6.3% vs 10.2%

Indian government is forced to peg the Rupee loosely to the Dollar. As the US Federal Reserve prints trillions of new USDs for Quantitative Easing, Indian RBI will have to continue to weaken the Rupee viz-a-viz the USD to keep Indian exports competitive.

That also means higher commodity prices, higher inflation and higher CPI.

Also, sovereign debt default risk in Europe is very very high, and would make stock markets extremely volatile. This would further fuel the commodities and bond market.

Higher oil prices, resulting from shortages of crude oil due to Peak in Oil production would further dampen the environment for international trade, and automobile sales would be affected.

IMO, the best companies to invest in in 2011 would be those which cater purely to local markets and are not dependent on exports or imports. Low debt to equity ratio levels would be a plus.

In 2011, we would see

1. Higher Interest Rates
2. Higher Commodity Prices
3. Re-localization of Businesses.

Cheers!

SwingKing

This should one of the post I liked very much Raunak. I don't find an option to click "Thanks" more than once... So here it goes :thanx::thanx::thanx::thanx:

It's the best/better way to educate us, rather than replying us our query by saying XXX going north/south, buy above, sell below (no offense Raunak). I try to come up with what I know about those things.
Nac,

My intent is always to Educate and to learn from everyone simultaneously. However, every user wants different things as per their need. Hence, that has to be given. I can give some frameworks/techniques/methodologies, but it is for the traders here to consistently apply them and learn. I hope few traders here are making that effort.

I would like more participation, more examples to be put up by traders, more questions to be asked. But, I cannot force them to do that. I understand some have other permanent jobs and family commitments, some are busy with own research and hence have time constraint and some are just too shy to write. Hence, I dont push anyone.

Thereby, whatever is asked, is replied to keeping all of this in mind. For all those who want to learn. I am always here to provide the necessary information and to help them.

Tc

DanPickUp

Hi gauharjk

Interesting post. Some people in the states are already afraid of a bond bubble. The once which take out there money there and in other countries, start some times to invest bigger amounts of money in agrarian stocks.

An other trend is to invest in gold ETFs, which have there physical gold placed in Switzerland. Why ? Political stability. Those investors are afraid of a crash of there own governments and as you and I know, that governments recruit there money from there citizens, they also believe, that the government even would touch there physical gold on any bank in there countrys.

I could post more about such trends, but I am not sure if the interest is there, as you all invest mostly for short time in stocks and futures.

Take care

DanPickUp