• March 6th 2011

Votes: 8 25.0%
  • March 13th 2011

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SwingKing

Hi Renukaji,

Usually all these analysis fails in INDIAN Market ..you remember when market gets down upto even circuit limit that is 10% ..15%..as per timing ...then where these technical charts exist...so in my view better if one can buy fundamentally good stocks ..here fundamentally means various factors ( debt , cash in hand , qtrly results , mgt qty , EPS , dividend , future plans...etc).

I beilieve in this market every time there are 100+ companies which are currently growing with more than speed which INFOSYS had shown ...

Thanks.
VPG
It's Raunak dear ... Not Renuka ... I guess u like Renuka sugars :)

You clearly don't follow the things closely Vinit ... Here everything is not based on technicals ... hence please read before posting ...

And who told you that Fundamentals don't fail ... If I start giving you the list, you'll keep questioning these ratios ... Hence, let's leave it ... Also pick up the list of stocks that have been mentioned here ... very rarely u'll find a stock which is not fundamentally good ...

Regarding your "where do technicals exist when market's hit circuit" ... I think ONLY technical's exists when such scenarios happen ... probable timing is something technical's can give ... and fundamental's can give u the overall health of the market ... hence when u combine both ... u get a very strong signal ... thts wht we do here ..

Also, your "INDIAN" market philosophy does not hold true. Are you trying to say that people like Martin Pring, Steve Nison and rest are naive to apply technicals on Asian (indian markets). Well, I'll seriously doubt your aptitude in the stock market's then. They are the kings of market and we r mere mortals ... and I'd follow their opinion ... You are however encouraged to hold your own belief. What you are talking about is more relevant in case of support and resistance ... and these are the two words which I rarely mention ...

Tc.

Last edited:

SwingKing

Watcher here's the list ...

NAME CMP SL1 SL2
ACC 980.8 800 728
AMBUJA 111.8 89 82
GESHIP 318.3 256 226
ICSA 182.6 145
Sintex 258 200

Start with very small quantities ... Market's a re a bit heavy now ... should it correct, u'll definitely get good entry price ...

Tc.

Hi raunak,
I was pleasantly surprised by the transformation of Raunak to Renuka. However Facts and facinations seldom match. U corrected the folly graciously. I just wish to tell you that i have severely burnt my hands in ICSA. It is a Hyd based company. I know that it does not mean that it is not going to go up in the future since you have clearly mentioned the period to be 1-2 years. I am just telling you my past bitter experience with the stock. That has nothing to do with your current recommendation. If you suggest I will definitely take.
Thanks and regards

SwingKing

Hi raunak,
I was pleasantly surprised by the transformation of Raunak to Renuka. However Facts and facinations seldom match. U corrected the folly graciously. I just wish to tell you that i have severely burnt my hands in ICSA. It is a Hyd based company. I know that it does not mean that it is not going to go up in the future since you have clearly mentioned the period to be 1-2 years. I am just telling you my past bitter experience with the stock. That has nothing to do with your current recommendation. If you suggest I will definitely take.
Thanks and regards
Accumulation is always on the cards watcher. However one has to weigh in the current scenario. Markets are not going anywhere. Investment opportunities will always arise and the one with patience will be rewarded.

At present the markets are a bit heated. It might run up to new highs and hence missing out on the rally also seems unwise. What I have done at present is committed only 15 % of my cash. I was in the market sub 2800 levels and now I am waiting for a reasonable dip before starting to commit more funds.

IIP numbers for the country have exceeded everyone's expectations by atleast 1.5%. Inflation rates are rising and the credit demand is picking up. Credit growth usually lags behind the industrial growth by about two quarters. Hence by keeping this view in mind, the RBI is almost likely to increase the repo rate and reverse repo rate.

I am waiting for the rate impact and the budget impacts on the market. During this duration, we will get a good entry price and I would then increase the position.

Coming to ICSA now .. I am glad you know that because you lost money in one stock earlier does not mean you will loose money this time.

Tc.

Hi Raunak,
Could you provide me a link (preferrably NSE official site) where i can get the required margin amounts of each F&O lot for all the relevant scripts?
Thanks and regards

the "Buy" side of our AFL
Thanks for the AFL What should be the exit policy or should i go for a fixed % or let the price move up by apply stop loss (3%every day on the open price) and let the market decide or should i sell it on a fixed day say 10th day close

SwingKing

Thanks for the AFL What should be the exit policy or should i go for a fixed % or let the price move up by apply stop loss (3%every day on the open price) and let the market decide or should i sell it on a fixed day say 10th day close
Since you have the AFL now, I'd advise you to follow it first without putting in the money. Keep a note of all the dummy trades and see what exit policy suites you better ... Backtest the afl and see what sort of gains it gives ... It is YOU who has to be comfortable with the system ...

Personally, I never take a loss of more than 5% on any stock ... and I do wait for end of day closing prices ... Stock may be down 7% on intraday but for me closing price matters.

Today nucleus was down 6 % but when it closed, it was not down so much ... hence i held on to the trade ...