Thomas DeMark Sequential System

To facilitate identification of Set up and Count down bars,I have developed a small utility in Metastock.Go to indicator builder and make new indicator "Set Up" with following formula

Cum(If(C,>,Ref(C,-4),+1,If(C,<,Ref(C,-4),-1,0)))

Also make another indicator BUY COUNT DOWN with following formula

If(C,<=,Ref(L,-2),+1,0)

One more indicator SELL COUNT DOWN with following formula

If(C,>=,Ref(H,-2),+1,0)

And plot these on separate windows above yr charts.You get 0 or 1 toggle and you can identify and count the bars with the cursor,makes it pretty easy and boring work of comparing close to close or close to high/low is done by the programme. Be careful with syntax.

My expertise in Metastock programming is only this much and no further.:D:cool:

Tradewell

Smart_trade

chintan786

Yes,you are absolutely right Chintan.All stocks and Index dont top or bottom at the same time.There is a lead or lag between them. And in my 1st or 2nd post yesterday,I said that the syst does not catch all tops and bottoms.But when it speaks,it pays to listen carefully as it has pinpoint accuracy.

While on Infosis,yes it did not catch the July 2008 bottom but my friend,go little early and work out sell signal yourself.It caught SELL in Infy right at the top on 6-6-2008 and that is the highest bar where it gave a sell signal.Isn,t that good enough ? I am sure you will agree that even if you get 4-5 signals in a year where you can catch the intermediate rally tops and correction bottoms,our efforts are well rewarded.

Best Wishes,Trade Well

Yes Smart trader.. my intentions was not finding flaws in the system but the kind of result we have seen in Nifty had increased my expections.....

warm regards,

chintan786

Yes Smart trader.. my intentions was not finding flaws in the system but the kind of result we have seen in Nifty had increased my expections.....

warm regards,

chintan786
No problems Chintan,we are all here to share ideas and improve our trading.Questions and at times criticism is part of learning process and no issues on that !!!! Our goals are same,to become better traders I am sure.
Your observations are very valid and most welcome !!!

Trade well,

Smart_trade

kenneth

Thanks smartTrade for your indicators. I am forwarding the AFL for Ami users.
_SECTION_BEGIN("TD Cum");

SetChartBkGradientFill( ParamColor("BgTop", colorLightYellow),ParamColor("BgBottom", colorBlack));
TD1=Cum(IIf(C>Ref(C,-4),1,IIf(C<Ref(C,-4),-1,0)));
Plot(Td1, "My TD1", colorRed );

I have combined the second and third Indicator.

_SECTION_BEGIN("TD2");
SetChartBkGradientFill( ParamColor("BgTop", colorLightYellow),ParamColor("BgBottom", colorBlack));
TD2=IIf(C<=Ref(L,-2),1,0);
Plot(TD2, "My TD2", colorRed );
TD3=IIf(C>=Ref(H,-2),1,0);
Plot(TD3, "My TD2", colorGreen );
_SECTION_END();
Please let me know if the AFL is correct.

I am attaching a chart of STER which has a Buy setup. Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards
Ken

Last edited:
Thanks smartTrade for your indicators. I am forwarding the AFL for Ami users.
_SECTION_BEGIN("TD Cum");

TD1=Cum(IIf(C>Ref(C,-4),1,IIf(C<Ref(C,-4),-1,0)));
Plot(Td1, "My TD1", colorRed );

I have combined the second and third Indicator.

_SECTION_BEGIN("TD2");
TD2=IIf(C<=Ref(L,-2),1,0);
Plot(TD2, "My TD2", colorRed );
TD3=IIf(C>=Ref(H,-2),1,0);
Plot(TD3, "My TD2", colorGreen );
_SECTION_END();
Please let me know if the AFL is correct.

I am attaching a chart of STER which has a Buy setup. Please confirm.

Thanks & Regards
Ken
http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/3335/sterlitebuysequentialws8.jpg

Hi Ken,
Sterlite chart attached.

Do our charts look different ? I get only one BUY TDST At 930 whereas you seem to have got more.TDST is plotted only after 9 bar set up is completed.My set up first day is 3-6-08 at 901=90 and 9 th day is 13-6-08 at 770.4 though the set up continued 2-3 days further.

I dont see Countdown bars on your chart.My 13 Countdown BUY is on 18-7-08 at 595=70

Your programming skill is as asset to all of us.Keep up the good work.

Best Wishes,Trade Well,

Smart_trade

kenneth

Do our charts look different ? I get only one BUY TDST At 930 whereas you seem to have got more.TDST is plotted only after 9 bar set up is completed.My set up first day is 3-6-08 at 901=90 and 9 th day is 13-6-08 at 770.4 though the set up continued 2-3 days further.

I dont see Countdown bars on your chart.My 13 Countdown BUY is on 18-7-08 at 595=70

Your programming skill is as asset to all of us.Keep up the good work.

Best Wishes,Trade Well,

Smart_trade
Hi Smart Trade,

Yes charts look different.

I get the second TDST Buy@ 796. I am using the AFL given by Leo in the first post and the formule looks to be correct. In your chart Bars 5,7 and 8 are not taken a valid for set up of 9. You may compare your formule with the AFL.

My chart has a data upto 8-08-2008 and last bar is the 13th bar. The formule does not display the counts after the 9th bar and I do not know to write the same. Hope some one helps on this.

Regards
ken

Last edited:

kenneth

Hi Smart Trade

Could you please look at these stocks

Code:
Ticker	Trade	Date	Close	
STER	Buy	8/8/2008	640.7500
SKUMARSBuy	8/8/2008	74.1500
MLL	Buy	8/8/2008	91.4500
FORTIS	Buy	8/8/2008	69.2500
Regards
ken

kenneth

Dear karthik and Ami experts ,

Could you please look the AFL on the first post and see the rules required to identify day10,11,12 and13 and and write an AFL to display the same.

Metastock has it

Regards
ken

Apurv7164

Hello! Experts of TD Sequential,

I'm newbie and trying to get hold of this. Here is what I found being developed in OMAXE.

Do you guys also think OMAXE is good buy?

Please share your opinion.

Thanks,
Apurv

Last edited: