Thomas DeMark Sequential System

kenneth

Thanks for the clarification Leo.

Wanted to know how you identified Tops and bottoms. Is it indicated by Blue digit 9? Is there any clear indication whether it is top or the bottom. I could not see the buy signal on 29 July 3.00 pm hrly bottom and which gave buy signal at 4202. could you please post a screen shot of hourly chart. Does the scan pick up these buys and sells.? or how did you identify it.

Regards
ken
Hi Leo,

While waiting for your reply just started playing with Your AFL changing colors.....display bar to candle...hiding numbers etc. copied and pasted buy and sell text etc..... and that was the result

I would apprciate clarification inidentifying tops and Bottoms and work on the system further if I can undestand and get some good results. I have not read the book so may have broken some rules to get what I want.

regards
Ken

Last edited:
I donot understand the programming part but I know the system fully and will try to post some EOD and some hourly charts with my markings soon.I have also developed a small utility in Metastock to identify Set up and countdown bars. Will post soon.

Best wishes,

leo_3455

Hi Ken:

"Anybody tracking/trading on Thomas DeMark's Sequential system ? This system is catching Nifty futures tops and bottoms with remarkable accuracy. On daily chart,it cought Jan 2008 botton a day earlier,July 2008 bottom exactly on the day of the bottom.Also on hourly time frame,it cought NF top on 24th July at 11=00 bar and gave a sell signal at 4458 also cought 29 July 3.00 pm hrly bottom and gave buy signal at 4202." - Smart Trade

I quoted Smart Trade regarding how it identified top and bottom in Jan 2008 and July. He will be the right person to clarify regarding that. I dont have Nifty Fut charts with me.

Regarding the system, it always looks to predict the reversal point in the current trend with 9 consecutive bars. Yes, the number 9 is where the perfect setup has taken place and suggests reversal point. This indicator can be used in any time frame.

Ajay, the AFL given is the combination of TD combo.

Regards

The tops and bottoms are NOT identified by 9 consecutive bars.We are interpreting wrongly. 9 consecutive bars is a sub -set of the system but final signal is NOT on 9 bars. Also" recycling",we are going too fast. TD Combo is a slight variation of TD sequential.Little tied up right now but will post my charts and the theory behind it ASAP. Pl bear with me.

Best wishes.

kenneth

I donot understand the programming part but I know the system fully and will try to post some EOD and some hourly charts with my markings soon.I have also developed a small utility in Metastock to identify Set up and countdown bars. Will post soon.

Best wishes,
Thanks Smart Trade. Leo now let wait and understand the system first. On reading Smart trades second post I feel my inference was wrong. Sorry for that.

Best Regards
ken

Last edited:
Sorry for having kept you all waiting soooo long and tried your patience.I can understand how frustrating it could be when when you want to learn something new and had to wait.I have experienced it myself.

Leo and Kenneth,appreciate your interest please pardon my delay,had too many things at hand.

Now let me get back to some background.I have learnt this system and identified and traded many tops and bottoms .This is a trend anticipatory system. Does it mean that it can identify all bottoms and tops ? NO but when it speaks,it speaks with absolute accuracy and gives a sell signal right at top or buy at exactly at the bottom bar.

This is not my system,it is developed by Thomas DeMark and he has a US patent for the system and its condtituent subsystems.This system identified the exact bottom on 16 July 2008 and gave a buy next day.

Thomas DeMark is a researcher in stock and commodities market and is advisor to legendary traders/institutions/US pention funds such as Larry Williams,Paul Tudor Jones,George Soros,Rockefeller Corporation ,Some very large commodity and base metal traders.He has done work on Sequential,Combo,Trendlines,Oscillators retracements etc.I have worked with sequential in time frames from daily,hourly,5 min etc but I find daily and hourly work pretty well ,other timeframes the accuracy gets lost.

The system has three components,

1) SET UP : Sell Set up is a series of minimum 9 consecutive bars in which the close is equal to or higher than close of the bar 4 bars ago. These have to be consecutive bars.If after 2-3 bars,the relationship is broken,you have to start this phase all afresh
Also set up requires min 9 bars,but set up continues afterwarda 10,11,12,13,14 bars and so on.
BUY set up is a mirror image of sell set up ie it requires minimum 9 consecutive bars whose closing is less than or equal to closing of the bar 4 bars back.

2 ) Intersection : This stage requires that the 7,8,9 bar of set up must intersect (range overlap ) with bars 3,4,5,6 bars back.This ensures that the next phase is postponed till mkt applies some kind of brakes to the price activity and there is no run-away mkt action.