Thomas DeMark Sequential System

kenneth

Hi Leo,

Thanks for the AFl but it does not include the lower and upper bands shown in you chart. Could you post the AF for the same.

Thanks & Regards
ken

Last edited:

leo_3455

Ken:

The colored chart is the TD sequential. The upper chart is the chart using "kolkata indicator" developed by uasish da.

kenneth

Thanks for the clarification Leo.

"Anybody tracking/trading on Thomas DeMark's Sequential system ? This system is catching Nifty futures tops and bottoms with remarkable accuracy. On daily chart,it cought Jan 2008 botton a day earlier,July 2008 bottom exactly on the day of the bottom.Also on hourly time frame,it cought NF top on 24th July at 11=00 bar and gave a sell signal at 4458 also cought 29 July 3.00 pm hrly bottom and gave buy signal at 4202." - Smart Trade
Wanted to know how you identified Tops and bottoms. Is it indicated by Blue digit 9? Is there any clear indication whether it is top or the bottom. I could not see the buy signal on 29 July 3.00 pm hrly bottom and which gave buy signal at 4202. could you please post a screen shot of hourly chart. Does the scan pick up these buys and sells.? or how did you identify it.

I am posting a AFL for theTD Pressure Indicator which may help in your reseach.

/*http://finance.groups.*****.com/group/amibroker/message/114956
In the July issue of Active Trader, Tom DeMark discussed his TD
Pressure Ratio indicator.

Here's a description of the indicator from AT Mag:
Numerator is the sum of all the accumulation (days the close was above the open) over a certain number of days,
multiplied by the volume - that is the "Buying Pressure".
Note: "Selling Pressure" is the sum of all of the distribution over the same number of days, multiplied by the
volume. Denominator is the absolute value of the sum of the Buying Pressure and Selling Pressure.
The ratio gives you a measure of the Buying Pressure as a percentage of the total activity. This ratio
(oscillator) should fluctuate from 0 to 100.*/

_SECTION_BEGIN("TD Pressure Ratio");
SetChartBkColor(16);
Periods = Param("Periods",13,1,50,1);
function TDPressure (Periods)
{
for( i = 2; i < BarCount; i++ )

{
if((O - C[i-1]) / C[i-1] > 0.15) // gapup
{
BP = (H - C[i-1] + C - L) * V;
}
else if((C[i-1]-O) / O > 0.15)// gapdown
{
SP = (C[i-1] - L + H - C) * V;
}
else
{
BP = IIf(C > O, C - O,0) * V;
SP = IIf(C < O, C - O,0) * V;
}
}
Result = 100 *Sum(BP,Periods)/ (Sum(BP,Periods) -
Sum(SP,Periods));
Result = IIf(Result < 0,0,Result);
Result = IIf(Result > 100,100,Result);
return Result;
}

TDP = TDPressure(Periods);
Plot(TDP ,"TD Pressure",colorLightBlue,1);
Plot( 25 , "", colorGreen,styleDashed);
Plot( 50 , "", colorLightGrey,styleDashed);
Plot( 75 , "", colorRed,styleDashed);
_SECTION_END();

Regards
ken

renu daga

hi

following is the theory for TD sequential//

if nayone can develop more better than!!!

Thomas DeMark's Sequential (tm) System

Basically the criteria are as enumerated below, however, to appreciate the rational and nuances you are urged to read Ch. 7 of his book. The system is divided into three distinct stages, A. Set up, B. Count Down, and C. Entry.

A. Set Up Criteria

1. For a Buy signal. Nine consecutive daily price closes which are lower than the close four days earlier.
For a Sell signal. Nine consecutive daily price closes which are higher than the closes four days earlier.
2. An Absolute Prerequisite
The day prior to the first day of a nine consecutive set up sequence must:
for a buy signal have a close higher than or equal to the close four days earlier,
for a sell signal have a close lower than or equal to the close four days earlier.

B. Count Down

For a buy signal, following the successful completion of the count down we wait for thirteen closes which are lower than the close two days earlier (not consecutive, in fact extremely unlikely to be so).
For a sell signal, after successful set up, wait for thirteen closes which are higher than the close two days earlier.

C. Entry

On successful completion of set up and count down we now have a choice:
a) Enter on the close of the day that the count down is completed, i.e. the close of the thirteenth defined close. This is the most aggressive and highest risk entry but most closely approximates the exact high or low of the trend about to be reversed. However, it is the entry most likely to be whipsawed if the Sequential fails.
Entry after reversal
b) On a close higher for a buy (lower for a sell) than a close four days earlier after the count down has been concluded, i.e. post reversal.
c) On a close higher for a buy (lower for a sell) than the high (low) two days earlier after conclusion of the count down, i.e. a compromise between a) and b).

(it is has been copied pasted ,,,pls donta sk me the site ,,,because this is all old stuff since it wsa required so i posted here)

it is infact true it showed exit on top ,,,,and entries at bottom ,,, but still some loop holes rea there and could be worked out!!

renu