The Trade Journal: Evolution

Hi everybody. this is my first post here or for that matter on any forum. Before i starts narrating the purpose of this thread, let me tell u something bout myself. I had my first interaction with markets in early 2001. Since then i have experienced a lot of trading vehicles. Currencies(International), Commodities (international and indian now), equities (indian), derivatives
(Indian Futures as well as options) and indices (Indian and Global).
My idea to post here is to have a healthy interaction with all the peoples so we all can finetune our trading habits, be it on Charts or in Mind. I would try to post on the basis of real time as much as possible but definitly i need to give priority to my terminal. Further i request for not to imitate the trades in ur accounts blindly as for me all external advices are noises than the current.
Following are the points to remember
1. I have a large account size but i would post proportinatly for a 1 Lakh size
2. Trades can be on any exchange, NSE, MCX or MCX-SX
3. I m a technical trader on one hour chart though i do care about bigger picture and try not to be contrarian on larger frames
4. I m a day trader and if i decide to carry the position its half the normal size

So here we start with the trades i have done today in indian markets. at a proportinate account size of INR 1.00 lakh

MCX NG [email protected] and [email protected] (+1125)
MCX Copper [email protected] and [email protected] (-550)
MCX Crude B@3059 and S@3077 (+1800)

Last edited:
Base metal in international markets have seen a fantastic run up this week without a single tradeable correction. Situation is this that a Long trade would be difficult to have a comfortable stop loss while short trades have momentam against them. Copper though looks relatively weaker than its counterparts.

crude looks like having a better chance for a small run up today though the only problem is that today being friday a dow having a four day winning streak, things may get dicey in US session

Natural Gas have a tendency to give a follow up to the moves of thursday inventory data and is trading at all time low. Large picture is still bearish but for today it looks good for upside. the only problem i have in setting up the trade is that it had a run up of 9 percent yesterday so SL level is difficult and fate of US indices is a bit dicey today. Might be a dip so i can be comfortable with SL

Any body noticed the discord between Nifty performance today and USDINR levels. On such a good day with nifty usually INR is expected to appreciate a bit but thats not the case. Looks like local guys are having shopping time.

Natural Gas have a tendency to give a follow up to the moves of thursday inventory data and is trading at all time low. Large picture is still bearish but for today it looks good for upside. the only problem i have in setting up the trade is that it had a run up of 9 percent yesterday so SL level is difficult and fate of US indices is a bit dicey today. Might be a dip so i can be comfortable with SL
Trending upward on charts, can use the SL at 173.9 but crude is already in portfolio and i m not a big fan of leverage. So i need to wait for the crude to exit first

Order book of Nickel and Copper and their price action as of now are indicating weakness in counters. For a down session in US they seem to be better for shorting however for uptick session (that i doubt as of yet) Crude and NG (with my reservations about SL levels) seems to outperform. Lets see