Technical Analysis Learning

Whom should I go to for learning technical analysis in Banglore

• Total voters
Atma India website features many such seminars by imminent market analysts - likes of vishal malkan, bhoosan Shanbag, Bharat dugar, mukul pal etc. do check them out

Rkji

how's your trading going after one year since training with mr dugar & did you consider going for the advanced course ?

flash some charts in your free time depicting entries & exit :)

regards
rishi

Hello mr. Kapoor

Things have been good. Thanks to the trending mkt. I am sure anybody who knows technicals could not have missed out.

With that said I had my share of losses too initially. But I guess that's a part of the game.

Will soon post some of my entries and exits either on this thread or a new one.

Ritika

neo1599

Late to the thread:

I reckon most of the courses on offer are run by people who will not be able to tell you much other than TA.

I haven't attended a single seminar/class/what have you.

I have won Spot FX trader contests and actively manage funds for various clients.

Most important lesson you should know about any TA course that you or others might undertake is that its a dead investment, what you will learn trading live is what will be the only lessons which will stick.

And by saying 'stick' I don't mean in the first go, trading psychology is something which does not come easy. After all knowing the theory of making soap does not guarantee you will make good soap.

All the above being said, I can arrange for a Skype lesson in TA and other things which are the basic fumbling blocks for most traders when they start out. Haven't charged anything for teaching TA(which will help you burn your money faster than guessing wrong in a coin toss, I might add) till date, wonder if it will take too much of my time.

Anyway inbox me, or create a thread with willing participants and I will be happy to kick-start and test out some of the core material you have learned with pro's at this.

If you just want to listen and not participate in the learning process, please avoid.

Cheers

neo1599

Hi all
I am a beginner in Intraday EQ and is treading on the steep learning curve. Yet to come profitable but the small losses are getting smaller everyday. The friends here have helped a lot, though I haven't acknowledged anyone by name yet.

Today, while shorting, I chose a time when the support was far away and the stock has broken the support that was over it. The candles were ok and red. No hammers. Yet the price took a reverse turn and hit my stop loss.

Now, why this happens at all? Have I missed something I should have seen?

Experts please help.
Sorry for hijacking the thread in advance.

Hmmmm...will give you a list of reasons, can't come up with the exact reason because your post is very vague:

1- Sector specific or index news
2- Timing was incorrect(major global indices opening time is a good head fake time)
3- Went against the higher Time-frame trend.
4- Profit target was too high(not sure if you were in profit at any point or not)
5- Company specific news
6- News event(even though most say TA is not about news)
7- Futures expiry day

The list goes on.

Hope you can identify the reason from the above. :D

neo1599

@ neo & ritika

either of you can open a new thread & share some insight on your trading !

like minded people, serious for learning, can join in and we remain logged in in skype during market hours :)

regards
Hi Rishi

Good suggestions above.

I will not be able to help during market hours.

Skype any other time for a lesson or two, with participants is always workable.

Hi neo and rishi

@neo - thanks for ur noble suggestions. Will be a willing learner if u r willing to share some insights on trading.
I slightly disagree as far as doing ta course is concerned as I feel benefitted. The course I did was actually practical , not comprising of stupid moving avg crossovers or buying selling overbought oversold stuff.

But be that as it may, look forward to learning new stuff from u.

@rishi. Lets work towards something beneficial for all willing traders.

Rkji

ladies first !

go ahead ritika & roll the dice by opening a new thread where we can humbly learn from each other & make some killing in the markets.

regards
rishi