Technical Analysis Learning

Whom should I go to for learning technical analysis in Banglore

• Total voters
Don't waste your time and money attending courses which will teach you useless theory. Only thing which matters is actually doing the trading!! You can learn practical things by going through this forum stuff which is ten time the value of these courses.

MANISH_DAMANI

The person is very right I have also learned from here and few websites and I possess a good trading system with amibroker. After learning from here you have to use your own brain that no one can teach.Your guds feel to trade and control over emotion (greed/fear) decide your success.

anuragmunjal

The person is very right I have also learned from here and few websites and I possess a good trading system with amibroker. After learning from here you have to use your own brain that no one can teach.Your guds feel to trade and control over emotion (greed/fear) decide your success.
dear Mr. Damani

very often I get to see 'greed n fear' being mentioned in this forum.. never really got the true understnding of these two words.. how do they impact our trading ?? can u pls elaborate..

regards

The Monk.

dear Mr. Damani

very often I get to see 'greed n fear' being mentioned in this forum.. never really got the true understnding of these two words.. how do they impact our trading ?? can u pls elaborate..

regards
I have seen many traders have their own version of greed/fear, you being an expiernced trader, how would u define these terms..

DanPickUp

Greed:

Do not act as a pig in the market, other wise the day will come and you will be slaughtered like a pig from the market.

As bigger as you get, as more people with big pockets are watching you. If you act like a pig against them, they will link together and then they will slaughter you like a pig.

We do not talk about a few positions which you trade aggressively. We talk about huge speculations against governments and currencies. Here, just be careful and know your limits and connections you have.

On a lower level: If we are greedy, we can start to think that we not can be beaten and that can lead to mistakes only made when taking trades on the thoughts: I not can lose. We then could start to forget about securing our trades with certain stop loss levels or adding to much when it goes for the moment in our favor and bang, we are killed.

With other words: Taking to much risk of being greedy to make money, money, money.

Fear: I think that is easy to understand as you know when you feel it and when it affects your live and even your trades.

Classical example: Fear of pulling the trigger to take a trade as there is fear to lose the invested money.

Fear is more easy to recognize compare to greed, as fear is a bad feeling and greed is a feeling we not want to accept as we are greedy and then there is not place for normal thoughts. Just greed and I want more is the slogan and all what is done is done around that thoughts until the bang and then we start to accept: Aha, that was only greed.

Good trading

DanPickUp

By the way: Not an easy subject to explain with a few words in an other language which is not mother tongue.

Last edited:

MANISH_DAMANI

Sir when we are talking theoretically we can define things in bookish way. But practically when you trade that time you understand theses term actually on our mistakes. No body is perfect as we all are human and bound by our unique behavior.
"In trading context for me greed means you have ample money in your hand. You have some strategy that works in market. But u are taking unnecessary risk as you are thinking you are in arrogance of money in hand. Then you have to pay in market.This is one part of greed. Secondly you have taken a right trade but expecting market to work in your favor for indefinite time and you are not booking profits. These most common mistakes we usually do and these can be rectified by focusing on your goal before taking trade.

Fear for me is you are taking right call but you are influenced by another and change your decision even though you know you were right. If and buts come in your mind and you dampen your trade by this.

I have explained in my way what I experienced after taking thousands of trade in market from last 3 year. I lost huge money in market due to above mentioned greed and fear. After that I use to think why I am loosing money after having knowledge of technical analysis and other strategy. Now I am taking call on my own analysis after considering all the factors necessary and stick to trade with my defined stop losses. It seems to novice people that this market is for making easy money, how much easy after trading you would come to know. These are my personal views- Disclaimer."

Sir I am not veteran like you people, I am still a student and learn daily from each trade and incidents of market.

Last edited:

anuragmunjal

Greed:

Do not act as a pig in the market, other wise the day will come and you will be slaughtered like a pig from the market.

As bigger as you get, as more people with big pockets are watching you. If you act like a pig against them, they will link together and then they will slaughter you like a pig.

We do not talk about a few positions which you trade aggressively. We talk about huge speculations against governments and currencies. Here, just be careful and know your limits and connections you have.

On a lower level: If we are greedy, we can start to think that we not can be beaten and that can lead to mistakes only made when taking trades on the thoughts: I not can lose. We then could start to forget about securing our trades with certain stop loss levels or adding to much when it goes for the moment in our favor and bang, we are killed.

With other words: Taking to much risk of being greedy to make money, money, money.

Fear: I think that is easy to understand as you know when you feel it and when it affects your live and even your trades.

Classical example: Fear of pulling the trigger to take a trade as there is fear to lose the invested money.

Fear is more easy to recognize compare to greed, as fear is a bad feeling and greed is a feeling we not want to accept as we are greedy and then there is not place for normal thoughts. Just greed and I want more is the slogan and all what is done is done around that thoughts until the bang and then we start to accept: Aha, that was only greed.

Good trading

DanPickUp

By the way: Not an easy subject to explain with a few words in an other language which is not mother tongue.

well said Dan
what I understand is 'greed' is simply when I do not close my position , even when my system says so, in expectancy of furthar gains, or after a series of profits, I use excessive leverage & increase my position size exponentially...again overriding my system.
Fear can be of two types:
fear of pulling the trigger, which most of us experience at some point or another, which means that I do not have a robust system on which I trust.
another fear can be not closing my position, ie. cutting my loss early becos I am fearful of loosing that small amount or closing a position 'early' even though the position is in a profit as I am 'fearful' of loosing that small profit.
Imho, if one has a system that one trusts on and one is disciplined enough to follow that system, there is no place fr 'greed' or 'fear' in one's trading.

regards

I understand that many guys do not prefer the so called trainers. and thats fair.

However, there are some that need assistance in learning. This thread was created for them. I shortlisted my teacher based on the findings here. And I am happy to announce that I am 100% satisfied.

A fee of 11k is not much as compared to the amount we invest in stock mkt. Hence rather than cribbing about the cost, I am more excited about my better performance.

Moreover, when I was learning the couse, Mr. Bharat was showing us the process of stock selection. Then as a case study he showed us the potential of the midcap IT sector. After being convinced, I bought a couple of stocks in the sector and bingo !! IT is one of the better performers in the last couple of months. Not to mention, if I book out today I would have made several times the fee I paid.

I understand that this may have been a co-incidence but my f&o trading results have improved which cannot be just dissmissed as mere coincidence.

DanPickUp

Would like to take this opportunity and thank u ritika.

Your thread was extremely useful and based on the recommendations here I did the technical analysis course here in Bangalore with Bharat Dugar.

Indeed very lucky to see your posts and decide in favor of this course. My confidence in trading has increased.

Hence decided to contribute here and write down my positive reviews.

Next on my agenda would be to do the course on metastock programming with him.
And this will help you to be a better trader :lol:

Edit/ Sorry to be sarcastic. May I ask you what course you want to visit after you visited the course from that guy if the post is not already an advertisement post to go to that course. If it is not, let me ask you this<

As you already did a course with the what ever, I get the feeling that you are still very unsure about any trading and think that programing Metastock will keep you away from losses.

Forget it. I use Metastock, even pro level, for maybe 8 years and there are more than enough Indicators build in to use.

Did my trading become better by using them--

Yes and no, as programing and indicators did finally never make the trades. They may told> Time to do some thing, but they never told why to do it. Because of overbought or oversold or cross over of MA or jump in what ever. It is all relative and is never a perfect thing. To see that, you can save any money for any course and spend it in live trading. That will surely be a better way to learn any thing about trading except throwing money behind your guy.

You have to learn how to value the certain market situation and to make the right or at least no loss decisions out of it.

Do you think that a programing course will do that job on your beginner level or even will improve that.

I think no as you go there with the hope to ship around that true, expect........

And that you would have to tell as there is an exception to my post.

Even than

Good luck and good learning

DanPickUp

Last edited: