Stocks To Keep A Close Eye On

Status
Not open for further replies.

saivenkat

I still remember it was the first stock which I bought, when I first created my demat account.
bought it due to emotional importance , since my dad worked for canara bank :)
it was priced 400 rs at that time, and I thought its very costly :)
bought at 400 and sold it at 405 :)
Just like you, Long time back, i bought 5000 shares RNRL at 20 Rs and sold around 27. Then it went to high of 245. i think..

PGDIMES

Just like you, Long time back, i bought 5000 shares RNRL at 20 Rs and sold around 27. Then it went to high of 245. i think..
Sai,

You don't have to go long time back. Whoever was in the market around Feb - March last year and was ready to go long will be sitting on huge profit... Few of my trades taken at that time were - HDIL @ 80, Satyam @ 43(avg), Aban @ 325(avg), Adani @ 245 etc. etc. Made more than 100% in almost all of them (except Satyam, sold @ 50):thumb:. But did not have the guts to hold on to the notional profit. Moreover I was too eager to trade intraday:rofl:. All my gains in positional trading are being taken care of by the day trades:eek:. But I think I have the will to succeed one day.:p

prst

Sai,

. Moreover I was too eager to trade intraday:rofl:. All my gains in positional trading are being taken care of by the day trades:eek:. But I think I have the will to succeed one day.:p
day trading is one of the most addictive and provocative form of trading :)
it looks so simple and easy to make atleast 500 rs everyday..
it lures all of us with that promise and eventually most of us end up losing ..

after much effort i was able to stop myself from indulging in it. now concentrating on short term positional..

lovable_guy006

day trading is one of the most addictive and provocative form of trading :)
it looks so simple and easy to make atleast 500 rs everyday..
it lures all of us with that promise and eventually most of us end up losing ..

after much effort i was able to stop myself from indulging in it. now concentrating on short term positional..
nice decision taken for not to do day trading !!! according to me entering in a trade for a week is much better then intraday trading !!! Atleat End of the week you have something to take home !!! But in Intraday Trading u only have losses to cope up with !!! I lost my huge amount of money in intraday trading !!! But the person who knows intraday trading are good at it but again it is not the tea of everyone's cup !!! But one thing i learnt from intraday trading is reading charts !!! I am doing good in medium and long term trading !!! Average gain is 110 % per year !!! and i think its ok for a trader who started his trading in December 2008 and i am happy with what i am gaining !!! :) After all sitting in the comfort of your house and earning equal to some MBA degree holder is a good thing .... What more u want ?

Keep Trading Safely !!! :) :thumb:

Last edited:

aryabhatta

nice decision taken for not to do day trading !!! according to me entering in a trade for a week is much better then intraday trading !!! Atleat End of the week you have something to take home !!! But in Intraday Trading u only have losses to cope up with !!! I lost my huge amount of money in intraday trading !!! But the person who knows intraday trading are good at it but again it is not the tea of everyone's cup !!! But one thing i learnt from intraday trading is reading charts !!! I am doing good in medium and long term trading !!! Average gain is 110 % per year !!! and i think its ok for a trader who started his trading in December 2008 and i am happy with what i am gaining !!! :) After all sitting in the comfort of your house and earning equal to some MBA degree holder is a good thing .... What more u want ?

Keep Trading Safely !!! :) :thumb:
Totally agree with savant sir, lg006,pst and everyone else to make big money we need to identify stocks making big moves and hold. Rakesh Jhunjhunwalla, ramesh damani, paeter lynch, warren buffet, gann all the big names made money this way.

I have yet to hear of a very wealthy day trader .... if anyone knows one please let me know but as far as public records goes i am yet to find one.

Here's what livermore said

"One cannot be successful by speculating every day or every week; that there are only a few times a year, possibly four or five, when you should allow yourself to make any commitment at all. In the interim you are letting the market shape itself for the next big movement. Remember this: When you are doing nothing, those speculators who feel they must trade day in and day out, are laying the foundation for your next venture. You will reap benefits from their mistakes"

"Disregarding the big swing and trying to jump in and out was fatal to me. Nobody can catch all the fluctuations. In a bull market your game is to buy and hold until you believe that the bull market is near its end."

"The big money must necessarily be in the big swing"

"And right here let me say one thing: After spending many years in Wall Street and after
making and losing millions of dollars I want to tell you this: It never was my thinking
that made the big money for me. It always was my sitting. Got that? My sitting tight"

Even jhunjhunwalla made his money this way only he bought siemens at some Rs40 and rode it upto Rs600 he did the same in other stocks like seasagoa etc.....

saivenkat

Sai,

You don't have to go long time back. Whoever was in the market around Feb - March last year and was ready to go long will be sitting on huge profit... Few of my trades taken at that time were - HDIL @ 80, Satyam @ 43(avg), Aban @ 325(avg), Adani @ 245 etc. etc. Made more than 100% in almost all of them (except Satyam, sold @ 50):. But did not have the guts to hold on to the notional profit. Moreover I was too eager to trade intradayAll my gains in positional trading are being taken care of by the day trades:eek:. But I think I have the will to succeed one day.

You made a correct decision, PGDIMES dear, especially at right time.

Frankly, telling, a year ago or so..i dont have this much of guidance,(not utilised) and understandably in decoding the technicals available in the chart. So i depended most of the times, what my (bl**dy) broker told, and so my friend. :annoyed:

I could recollect what they told about these stocks to me when i planned for investing..
ABAN - FULL OF DEBTS.. WILL SINK ALONG ONE DAY WITH ALL ITS RIGS.. ( only the RIG SANK.. and ABAN ESCAPED)

Satayam - going to be de-listed, as it has no future.

HDIL, DLF - All Infra structure and reality stocks are having bleak prospects in INDIA, AS THEIR BALANCE SHEETS ARE HEAVILY "RE-STRUCTURED" ( source : MAR**T BHAV*S*A)

So, this bloody Saivenkat deposited his brain, safely in vaults without trying to use a bit for analysis, along with his money, taking of what other people told me, as a so called advice as testament. .:D

Net result: Cash on hand only.. No useful portfolios made:D

Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.