Is it ok to buy Stocks keeping the current market scenarios in mind or should I wait

Hi all,

Is it ok to buy Stocks keeping the current market scenarios in mind or should I wait ?
Some of my best friend and brokers do not recommend me on buy stocks now however they ask me to wait for another week or two. The low prices are very tempting at the moment hence can't make up my mind. :confused:
I do not have much experience as a trader hence your suggestions would be valuable.
Thanks, Greg :)

jdm

deep corrections like this are always a bargain hunting. things should be fine as long as the sensex doesn't break 9800. however one should be stock selective. normally one get to see a sectoral change after such corrections.

you can put 1/3rd of your investments at current levels.

cheers,
jdm.

P.S. Patience holds the key.

greg4u said:
Hi all,

Is it ok to buy Stocks keeping the current market scenarios in mind or should I wait ?
Some of my best friend and brokers do not recommend me on buy stocks now however they ask me to wait for another week or two. The low prices are very tempting at the moment hence can't make up my mind. :confused:
I do not have much experience as a trader hence your suggestions would be valuable.
Thanks, Greg :)

The seniors in the forum have been telling let us wait for a clear direction from the market. But if you are a investor, it is a time to buy stocks which are fundamentally strong. When confused, and do not have much experience as a trader, it is better to wait. There are lot of people who have been losing money. so it is your call. temptations, fear, greed are all part of the stock trading.

best of luck,
veda vyas

Hi greg4u,
Read your message.According to me,this is not the right time to invest in stock market.I know the current price of the stocks are mouthwatering but today's rally seems to me as a bear rally and market might retest or even go LOWER than the latest LOW.So Please wait.The emerging market scenerio is bad as well as matured market.If DOW falls hard which can be very true along with FTSE and NIKKEI u can see lower circuits many times in our market.I'm not here to frightening people.But all I want to ask GO SLOW.WAIT.Preserve Cash.Still if u want to invest, ask yourself are you ready to hold stocks for 3-4 yrs minimum without asking anything if the market falls more.Are you really ready to do so? If yes then u can start investing by buying good QUALITY stocks in SIP way.REMEMBER GOOD QUALITY,not cheaply priced NOT so good quality stocks.
Happy Investing.
God Bless You.
Disciple

Thanks for your advice guys.
Disciple 3 to 4 yrs is quite a long time. Long term investment for me would be 1 or 1.5 year. Today was a tragedy as well the Sensex and Nifty, closed weak by 2.3% and 3.3% respectively.The BSE Sensex closed at 10,573 (down 250 points) and the NSE Nifty closed at 3,094 (down 106 points).

I really would like to take chances investing under these odd conditions. Its like putting your hand in snake pit.

However, another question would it be wise to invest in Mutual MF at this moment and stay invested long term as MF has done a lots of buying recently.

Please advice....

jdm,vedhaas, Disciple, thanks once again for your valuable advice.

Greg4u

"I really would like to take chances investing under these odd conditions. Its like putting your hand in snake pit. "

Correction " I really would 'NOT' like to take chances investing under these odd conditions. Its like putting your hand in snake pit. "

hi greg,

market is behaving like a yo-yo. (who is hold the strings????). I still feel, you have to wait for a clear direction from the market.

until then there are few threads which you can learn a lot from.

all the best
vyas.

Hi greg4u,
I think I have already aired my personal viewpoints.It's your money.You or other people might have different viewpoints.I appreciate that difference! Differences in viewpoints make the market.Isn't it?
God Bless You.
Disciple.