Sridhar's Trading Dairy

It was not profitable today. Though it shows a profit of 705.25, it would be a loss after transaction charges. One major mistake, I made is to reduce TCS target when it was hovering for long time around its 0 profit for the day( price at yesterday's closing price). After I blinked, it straight went to my target as if it was just waiting for me to commit the mistake.
It's ok, at least you didn't lose a lot, which can happen due to being nervous when starting something new, especially on a public forum. I hope tomorrow will be better. Good luck.

Minimum requirement? What would you say is the maximum? I'm sorry to say but if the logic is that raising the RR from 1:1 to 1.3:1 ensures better performance then by that same logic, one'd have to argue that we should all set RR at 10:1 or 20:1 or whatever, & we'd all be winners.
Hi Newbie, practical maximum which professionals would target would range between 1:3 to 1:10 (this would be for swing trades), but the problem is that as we increase the reward component for unit risk, it becomes more and more difficult to spot that kind of a trade. Though these kind of trades are present, only few are able to identify them. Also for intraday, the ratio should be from 1:1.3 to 1:3 on an average, not more than this, if the target is to make some amount of money with higher frequency.