Some of my forecasts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Ichimoku III--the tenken and kijun

image hosting jpg

The most significant event on this chart shows why many traders use the ichimoku as a standalone.

Look to the west in the oval area. When the trend is fresh (This case--DOWN.) and the tenken and kijun have just dropped under the cloud, don't even think about going long. People talk about divergences. When you get the wick hitting the top of the cloud, and the TK combo just broke under it, "Hello!!!"
That is all you need to know to go short. The candle was still contained under the TK combo, which is further confirmation. Finally the TK was dipping, and the trend was fully ignited.

I haven't gotten into any cloud properties yet, but how many times have I talked about the cloud acting as equilibrium? When the candles drift farther than usual away from the cloud it becomes fresh, and in this case will act as R. Once the candle found its way over the TK combo, the cloud is going to act as R. So, at this point, a long could have been executed, but the TP would have been at the bottom of the cloud. Price action found its way into the cloud, but this is a time you want to disregard the fact it is above the TK and consider the equilibrium factor. You can see price action got real volatile after the entry.

As far as future action is concerned, notice how the candles are beating up on the fresh cloud. Eventually the cloud becomes vulnerable and the candles are going to have its way and find its way in. For the time being the tenken and kijun have straight lined near the bottom of the cloud, so it is expected for it to be strong R. One of 2 things will happen, price will continue dipping while the tenken and kijun follow close behind. Why is following close behind significant? It will enable the candle to cross easily back over the combo. It would act as support. The next try at the cloud should thrust the price through it. Once the TK combo catches up, then it will act as additional support near the top of the cloud and bully it out.
The other possible scenario is to see a very strong and volatile move from the current area, and price bridges the tenken and kijun, which would also put it inside the cloud. It is the least likely of the scenario. Both have leveled, which strengthens the R at this point.

As far as where price could be headed in the future, we would be assured it would be headed much higher if we see a break on the other side of the cloud, and in knowing the tenken and kijun will add the additional support. I'll get into additional cloud properties later, but this chart is showing a clear shot at 1.3400. The daily is showing initial strong R will be seen at the kijun at 1.3280. If we get a close on the other side of it, then the fresh cloud currently at 1.3697 will act as strong R.

The beautiful thing about the ichimoku is that it adds such a predictable ebb and flow. We have already seen it, to a degree by combining the different TF's, and we'll see it further when we start to combine the other elements with it. This whole thing gives meaning to the old proverb, "He looks like he is just floating along on a fluffy cloud."
hello sir,
i hope you are having a nice time with your best fren i.e ur wife and tucker boss, and i just pray that u people always enjoy a happy and prosperous life, my blessing for you and ur family.

and sir, this is the post i was referring to, i was interpreting it wrongly, u were saying that stock has a shot at 1.4000 if it clears kijun, but i thought u r telling that it will go up to 1.4000 and at that time, we shd short it, its clear now

rangarajan

Dear 4xpip,
Quote:
'The strange thing is my wife is my best friend and Tucker is one of my best friends, but I can't talk to them about these things. They have no idea what I'm talking about'.

Unquote:
As for as this thread is concerned,'I am a square peg in a round hole'

I just want to inform u what my wife says:
'Ignorance is Bliss,hell with yr stock trading',
After fierce arguments about which i am not afraid,but,invariably end up saying 'You are Always Right'
I cannot afford a civil war as you know with the Best half(note Better becomes Best as you age)

Happy Christmas & New year.

Last edited:
Re: Ichimoku V--tenken and kijun

First, we have to take in in context with my label, "Ichimoku V--tenken and kijun". As part of the ichimoku cloud series, I only used the ichimoku cloud to show the reversal.
In taking my position, there was a little more I took into consideration. Unfortunately, I viewed the chart a little late, but my WR3 is .9525, the MR1 is .9527, and the peak was .9527. I did manage to get in at .9514. You can tell by the large southward candle that the reversal has already begun. All the factors we have discussed was the criteria used for my entry.
I don't know anything about R at .9510, just .9525 and .9527.

sir, i saw dat u have put a level of resistance dere on chart, and number which was visible on your chart was .9510, thats why i asked whether there is some resistance on that level, which helped you to take that decision, and eventually as u told that level was .9527, so u'stood it

Yes, as strongly divergent as the kijun is from the tenken, and with the candle in ear popping territory, those are all ichimoku indications for an entry short.

I have talked a lot about what is going to be a huge EUR/AUD reversal. The thing to consider with the 4-hour on the EUR/AUD is the cloud into the future is just about even. OTOH, the cloud still looks kind of flat on the AUD/CHF. The TK divergency is not nearly what it is on the EUR/AUD as it is on the AUD/CHF. Also, the kijun is inside the cloud on the AUD/CHF.
Later, I will talk more of the characteristics of the cloud. You do have the right idea.

Another thing about the kijun on the EUR/AUD is that right now it is at 1.2992. By the beginning of the trading day on Tuesday, it will have dropped all the way to 1.2922. If we get a strong move north on Monday, then the candle will already be above both the tenken and kijun.

sir, i could not u'stand these quoted lines, plz if u can make it more clear to me, then it will be good for me

BTW, being wrong or right is never an issue. Leaning is all that we want. I'm learning, you're learning, we're learning. You'll be surprised how much it helps me in my trading just in talking about these things. The strange thing is my wife is my best friend and Tucker is one of my best friends, but I can't talk to them about these things. They have no idea what I'm talking about. Well, Tucker thinks he's the boss. I got a funny story I'll tell you later.

Aman, the very best and merriest of Christmas to you. I'm glad you joined the TJ / "Some of my forecasts" family.[/QUOTE]

i would like to know about the characteristics of clouds and how u differentiate a flat and a even cloud, and sir if we look back on EURAUD chart on daily time frame, than i m able to see that on 14th dec kijun was settled in the cloud and and there was a divergence of kijun and tenken, then as per settings why it has not reversed in positive direction, infact it has gone more south, i know my question may sound stupid to you, but i hope i can clear my doubts with you and wud surely like to hear the story bout tucker.

Re: Ichimoku III--the tenken and kijun

There is no defined reversal point if 1.3280 is broken. 1.3400 would easily be on the radar.

hello sir,
i hope you are having a nice time with your best fren i.e ur wife and tucker boss, and i just pray that u people always enjoy a happy and prosperous life, my blessing for you and ur family.

and sir, this is the post i was referring to, i was interpreting it wrongly, u were saying that stock has a shot at 1.4000 if it clears kijun, but i thought u r telling that it will go up to 1.4000 and at that time, we shd short it, its clear now

You may feel that you are square peg in a round hole, but at least when I say "resistance" or "support", you know what I am talking about.
LOL, oh my goodness, got another true story:
Tucker found out what resistance is. We were playing with a super ball. I bounced the ball hard on the ground, it went up hit the ceiling, came down, and as it bounced again and caught Tucker square under the chin. He stops dead in his tracks and stares at the ball as if to say, "How dare you to do that to me."
Hey, he'd never blame me. I can't do anything wrong in his eyes.

BTW, you're right. BEST HALF. I know how to get cheese cake, homemade fudge, and all my favorite meals.
Simply put, none of you guys gets my wife's e-mail address.

Dear 4xpip,
Quote:
'The strange thing is my wife is my best friend and Tucker is one of my best friends, but I can't talk to them about these things. They have no idea what I'm talking about'.

Unquote:
As for as this thread is concerned,'I am a square peg in a round hole'

I just want to inform u what my wife says:
'Ignorance is Bliss, with yr stock trading',
After fierce arguments about which i am not afraid,but,invariably end up saying 'You are Always Right'
I cannot afford a civil war as you know with the Best half(note Better becomes Best as you age)

Happy Christmas & New year.

Re: Ichimoku V--tenken and kijun

First, we have to take in in context with my label, "Ichimoku V--tenken and kijun". As part of the ichimoku cloud series, I only used the ichimoku cloud to show the reversal.
In taking my position, there was a little more I took into consideration. Unfortunately, I viewed the chart a little late, but my WR3 is .9525, the MR1 is .9527, and the peak was .9527. I did manage to get in at .9514. You can tell by the large southward candle that the reversal has already begun. All the factors we have discussed was the criteria used for my entry.
I don't know anything about R at .9510, just .9525 and .9527.

sir, i saw dat u have put a level of resistance dere on chart, and number which was visible on your chart was .9510, thats why i asked whether there is some resistance on that level, which helped you to take that decision, and eventually as u told that level was .9527, so u'stood it

Yes, as strongly divergent as the kijun is from the tenken, and with the candle in ear popping territory, those are all ichimoku indications for an entry short.

I have talked a lot about what is going to be a huge EUR/AUD reversal. The thing to consider with the 4-hour on the EUR/AUD is the cloud into the future is just about even. OTOH, the cloud still looks kind of flat on the AUD/CHF. The TK divergency is not nearly what it is on the EUR/AUD as it is on the AUD/CHF. Also, the kijun is inside the cloud on the AUD/CHF.
Later, I will talk more of the characteristics of the cloud. You do have the right idea.

sir, i could not u'stand these quoted lines, plz if u can make it more clear to me, then it will be good for me

The kijun is dynamic by virtue of its formula. Because of the formula is why I know the kijun will drop from that current level at 1.2992 to 1.2922.

BTW, being wrong or right is never an issue. Leaning is all that we want. I'm learning, you're learning, we're learning. You'll be surprised how much it helps me in my trading just in talking about these things. The strange thing is my wife is my best friend and Tucker is one of my best friends, but I can't talk to them about these things. They have no idea what I'm talking about. Well, Tucker thinks he's the boss. I got a funny story I'll tell you later.

Aman, the very best and merriest of Christmas to you. I'm glad you joined the TJ / "Some of my forecasts" family.

i would like to know about the characteristics of clouds and how u differentiate a flat and a even cloud, and sir if we look back on EURAUD chart on daily time frame, than i m able to see that on 14th dec kijun was settled in the cloud and and there was a divergence of kijun and tenken, then as per settings why it has not reversed in positive direction, infact it has gone more south, i know my question may sound stupid to you, but i hope i can clear my doubts with you and wud surely like to hear the story bout tucker.[/QUOTE]

Once I get to the part on the cloud, I will cover the many aspects of the cloud.

We had good and busy 2 days. The grandchildren had fun, and that is what the day is all about for me. We had morning and evening services in church, and it was a festive occasion in between. Now, we have our New Year's party to look for, which is even more fun. Instead of having it on New Year's Eve, we will have it on New Year's Day at night. That makes this weekend all the more busier around here because I got to get everything finished before New Year's Day.

Speaking of that, there are no weeklies this week for the 3 miscellaneous Indian markets. Someone was furnishing me with the data on those markets, and his platform is down.

Hey Paul... Merry Christmas... Have a good one :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Introductions 2
U Forex 2