Rocket Stocks for Swing and Positional

I think it was on the day trading futures thread that ST remarked one should ideally have no more than 12% holding in a single stock and also at the same time, limit sectoral exposure too.

It would be very interesting to understand what your take on this is? I am personally of the opinion that I pick up one from each of the following sectors:
  1. Banking (Kotak or HDFC Bank)
  2. NBFC (Baj Finance)
  3. Consumer Goods (either Bata or Dabur or Godrej CP)
  4. Automotive (Maruti)
I am thinking I would go with 25% allocation.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
I think it was on the day trading futures thread that ST remarked one should ideally have no more than 12% holding in a single stock and also at the same time, limit sectoral exposure too.

It would be very interesting to understand what your take on this is? I am personally of the opinion that I pick up one from each of the following sectors:
  1. Banking (Kotak or HDFC Bank)
  2. NBFC (Baj Finance)
  3. Consumer Goods (either Bata or Dabur or Godrej CP)
  4. Automotive (Maruti)
I am thinking I would go with 25% allocation.
Ofcourse this would not be your portfolio for your life.As and when over the years when you accumulate capital make the spread sector wise and Marketcap wise

Ofcourse this would not be your portfolio for your life.As and when over the years when you accumulate capital make the spread sector wise and Marketcap wise
true that :)

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
@sanju005ind , I found your strategy works with hourly chart well too. If hourly RSI goes above 70 it gives upwards moves for few more hours. However I have a question for you - when to enter, after first hour or second hour of confirmation?

to give example at opening both KPIT and NIIT had RSI above 70 one went down another kept going up. There is another story that Investing .com charts doesn't show RSI goving above 70 but Zerodha does.

1543917386119.png

1543917416430.png

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
@sanju005ind , I found your strategy works with hourly chart well too. If hourly RSI goes above 70 it gives upwards moves for few more hours. However I have a question for you - when to enter, after first hour or second hour of confirmation?

to give example at opening both KPIT and NIIT had RSI above 70 one went down another kept going up. There is another story that Investing .com charts doesn't show RSI goving above 70 but Zerodha does.
Yes, You can use the technique in the lower TF also. Thanks to ST da Here I would suggest that you look at 30 mins since 30 and 60 mins are good TF to swing. If the RSI goes above 70 and for the next 5 candle stays there then there is a likely chance of it making a new high.STda has posted earlier in this thread about how one can use the oscillators on lower TF. If you look NIIT and KPIT in 30 min TF. You see that for NIIT it stayed more than 5 candles.But in case of KPIT it could not sustain more than 2 candles.

Last edited:

checkmate7

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
Based on your swing analysis which stocks we can play for BUY/SELL in next few days for intraday??
This thread works on monthly weekly and daily chart. Nifty as of today has not showed a shred of weakness. Since tomorrow is RBI meet.I would suggest to wait it out.The most difficult part of an intraday trader is to sit quiet for one day. BN looks weaker than Nifty.
short side swing looks titan.But still the divergence has to complete a day or two.Bajfin can be looked at long .If RIL opens in green blindly can go long at opening itself.But close all positions by 11 AM.