Pivot Trading- a new way of Trading

Hello Smart Trade Sir and Shubhadip sir,

Many many new concepts in this thread ...

Have some queries though
For a beginner like me, which method is more suitable? Pivot based or MA based? No previous experience as of now for me.

My goal is to make min 120 points in nifty futures, intraday basis. I am following Shubhadip sir's posts in ".... 40 trades", so starting with 3 Lakhs and 2 lots of Nifty. All trades to be intra-day trades. Goal is to make yearly 1500 pts using only Nifty futures. Is it possible?

Which method should I select: Pivot or MA based method ?
If MA, what should be time frame combination? 60 min - 15 min okay? Like Shubhadip sir, I am also working but can keep track of charts on KITE.
Pivot method is definately superior as far as knowing the market structure and profitability but it has many concepts which one needs to master. MA system is comparatively simpler and easy to trade. The choice depends on which system you like and your comfort level.

MA system is also good and it can make a trader profitable. I remember one person who traded another MA system called Swift and was very successful ...so if comfortable with MA system you can follow that. But every system will have drawdowns, wrong trades, stoplosses...there is no escape from that. So ask yourself what you are comfortable and trade that.Dont think that MA method is anyway inferior to other methods.

There are people who just trade on 21 MA and still make good profits. One should understand the method, its various nuances to be successful with it.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Pivot method is definately superior as far as knowing the market structure and profitability but it has many concepts which one needs to master. MA system is comparatively simpler and easy to trade. The choice depends on which system you like and your comfort level.

MA system is also good and it can make a trader profitable. I remember one person who traded another MA system called Swift and was very successful ...so if comfortable with MA system you can follow that. But every system will have drawdowns, wrong trades, stoplosses...there is no escape from that. So ask yourself what you are comfortable and trade that.Dont think that MA method is anyway inferior to other methods.

There are people who just trade on 21 MA and still make good profits. One should understand the method, its various nuances to be successful with it.

Smart_trade
ST sir please guide me in the following chart of Axis bank .
I entered short at the low of first 15 minute candle of the day as it closed outside yesterday's afternoon range. But as you can see the breakdown failed. Where do you think i should have got out. I had put my SL at top of first 15min candle.https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gg6sg9blws6ct6/Screenshot_2015-12-14-18-26-40.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl1iu7c1x8tbig4/Screenshot_2015-12-14-18-30-08.png?dl=0
Please help as I am finding extreme difficulty at risk control.
Regards

Subhadip

Hello Smart Trade Sir and Subhadip sir,

Many many new concepts in this thread ...

Have some queries though
For a beginner like me, which method is more suitable? Pivot based or MA based? No previous experience as of now for me.

My goal is to make min 120 points in nifty futures, intraday basis. I am following Subhadip sir's posts in ".... 40 trades", so starting with 3 Lakhs and 2 lots of Nifty. All trades to be intra-day trades. Goal is to make yearly 1500 pts using only Nifty futures. Is it possible?

Which method should I select: Pivot or MA based method ?
If MA, what should be time frame combination? 60 min - 15 min okay? Like Subhadip sir, I am also working but can keep track of charts on KITE.
You have set your goals without deciding your system?
Decide the destination, path will follow:thumb:

besides he is aiming for 120 points monthly, bit high for beginner but not day dreaming.
Don't know about you but being a beginner myself its very devastating when instead of moving towards your goals, you end up losing your capital. Seasoned traders simply kill the beginners and snatch their capital.
Pivot method is definitely superior as far as knowing the market structure and profitability but it has many concepts which one needs to master. MA system is comparatively simpler and easy to trade. The choice depends on which system you like and your comfort level.

MA system is also good and it can make a trader profitable. I remember one person who traded another MA system called Swift and was very successful ...so if comfortable with MA system you can follow that. But every system will have drawdowns, wrong trades, stop losses...there is no escape from that. So ask yourself what you are comfortable and trade that. Don’t think that MA method is anyway inferior to other methods.

Smart_trade
My Dear Friend Vipul, hope you have already got your answer as already answered by ST Sir.

Still want to make some comments;
For beginner like you MA method is more apt; but it needs the basic training of the PIVOT method as well. Both the methods are interdependent.

For your kind information, I have done it in BNF, not in NF as BNF is more volatile & more movement in it.

I believe in “Nothing Impossible”, but I also believe in the following line also “There is nothing called Free Lunch.”

Please back test any method whichever you want to do or want to trade. Some day’s paper trading will be more beneficial also to you in any new method.

Subhadip

ST sir please guide me in the following chart of Axis bank .
I entered short at the low of first 15 minute candle of the day as it closed outside yesterday's afternoon range. But as you can see the breakdown failed. Where do you think i should have got out. I had put my SL at top of first 15min candle.https://www.dropbox.com/s/8gg6sg9blws6ct6/Screenshot_2015-12-14-18-26-40.png?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xl1iu7c1x8tbig4/Screenshot_2015-12-14-18-30-08.png?dl=0
Please help as I am finding extreme difficulty at risk control.
Regards
MA method is not a mechanical method, so that you can short the first 15 min GAP Down Green bar low, waiting for a pivot or aggressive pivot would have been an apt short,

In you case, SL should have been 11th Dec 14:45 bar high, and if you have followed the system , you would have been in good profit.

Entry at first bar low (as you have done), SL on friday 14:45 bar high, hold till EOD, get out with very good profit.

vivektrader

please answer one more time as I am still unable to understand ENTRY in your 2 MA system:
IS IT AT BREAK OF MINOR PIVOT?
Thanks

Subhadip

please answer one more time as I am still unable to understand ENTRY in your 2 MA system:
IS IT AT BREAK OF MINOR PIVOT?
Thanks
When higher TF price below both MA, you can enter in LTF in any of the following:
1. Break Down from Range
2. Minor Pivot Break
3. VPL Break
4. Aggressive Pivot Break
ETC,

vivektrader

When higher TF price below both MA, you can enter in LTF in any of the following:
1. Break Down from Range
2. Minor Pivot Break
3. VPL Break
4. Aggressive Pivot Break
ETC,
Indebted to you Subhadeep sir, thanks for your patience. I had a bad day today in more ways than one, your answers took away much of my pain.
Thanks again,
Regards always.

Subhadip

Indebted to you Subhadeep sir, thanks for your patience. I had a bad day today in more ways than one, your answers took away much of my pain.
Thanks again,
Regards always.
Back test, post some charts along with markings, then trade.....you will love it my dear friend.