Model Portfolio stock selection

nikki5_me

This thread is a combination of both technical and fundamentals of a stock along with the allocation needs to be done. Firstly, I am not a tipster and also am not some "expert". I am here to learn and while learning would like to include the wise advise of all the members here, especially ST da whom I find very convincing when picking a stock and holding onto it.

I was a silent visitor of this forum for many years apart from few posts in Amit's thread. Unfortunately, all his threads seems to be inactive from few weeks so starting a thread to discuss the ideas.

The idea of this thread is to discuss the stocks which are fundamentally good and also are looking nice on the charts(unless the fundamentals are very effective). This would be a positional holding of stocks along with a starting capital of 1,00,000 which is equally divided into 5-10 parts for buying those stocks. Aim is to achieve 2-3 % return M-O-M consistently on overall capital.

Will try to include more details along with a stock which I think is good for future. All the members are very much welcome to give their valuable feedback and also any stock idea which is looking good.

nikki5_me

Thanks TP!

Let me start by saying, "anyone can enter into a good stock but only those who hold onto it till its full potential is reached will reap the benefits."

Also, you might be holding one of the finest out performer of the market along with a person who is making his portfolio value 5-10 times his capital but still be making only 5-10 % of your capital based on your exposure for that particular stock. So, the idea is to pick the right stock, set some decent capital allocation, wait for a decent level to book part/full profit.

Let's make sure not to get into more than 10 stocks as it might dilute our portfolio returns due to too much diversification. You can understand this simple logic by looking at any investor who made big money, be it Warren Buffet, Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, Radha Krishna Damani or Vijay Kedia . They found max 2-3 good stocks and had there full capital exposure onto those stocks making the maximum out of it. So, we too can maximize out returns but picking few select stocks which can give decents returns going forward.

As always, any inputs are most welcome from felow members :)

nikki5_me

Coming to stock selection, housing finance and housing/construction related sectors are the hottest themes and rather than bottom picking the falling sectors, we can make more money by picking good stocks from the sectors rallying.

Ganesh Housing Corporation - Construction & Contracting Housing

This stock is looking nice on both fundamentally and technically.

Fundamentals :

CMP : 139

Book Value : 171.5

P/E : 8.61

FV : 10

Market Cap : 597 cr

Price/ Book value : 0.8

This stock is having a positive growth in earning from the last few quarters and also paying dividend, it is trading at less that book value which is little difficult to find in the current market conditions and also has a p/e of around 9 which is much less than its peers.

Technically, it broke out above 130 levels which is looking good. Here is the chart for the same :

Also, would like to add a disclosure here. I entered stock yesterday at 128 levels and it ran too much today so you can wait for a correct till 125-130 levels to add or start buying here and average if it retraces. I am not recommending anyone to buy this , just providing the required information ,please do your research before entering.