Looking for someone who want me to trade..

Wake up, ST.

For a person who has all this he will be very busy turning away people begging him to manage money for them.
He would try his best to keep out of the limelight like these forums, and steadily grow his capital. After all, tons of money is available at a max of 2 % a month.

Why answer to anybody when you have the criteria specified by you satisfied.
Fully agree with you. A trader fulfilling these critaria will be busy managing his own money and not go for retail money.

ST

anuragmunjal

is it legal to trade on someone else's behalf, or manage someone else's portfolio or money through one's own account.

I mean, isn't there some qualification required to be a money manager of this sort ? Just like one has to have some qualification to be a financial advisor/tips provider...
Dear TP

technically it is illegal to manage someone else's account, till the time u are a registered portfolio manager. even there u can not trade futures directly, only to the extent that u can hedge ur position in cash with derivatives.
but what the thread owner is suggesting here is that a person opens an account with a broker, and lets him trade the account. I guess if both the parties agree mutually and both are happy, there is no stopping that.
though there wd be furthar problems , just in case there is a profit.. either the profit wd be taxed in both their hands or else there wd be a cash transaction invoved.

regards

Dear TP

technically it is illegal to manage someone else's account, till the time u are a registered portfolio manager. even there u can not trade futures directly, only to the extent that u can hedge ur position in cash with derivatives.
but what the thread owner is suggesting here is that a person opens an account with a broker, and lets him trade the account. I guess if both the parties agree mutually and both are happy, there is no stopping that.
though there wd be furthar problems , just in case there is a profit.. either the profit wd be taxed in both their hands or else there wd be a cash transaction invoved.

regards
I guess every trader who is even slightly successful gets these kinds of offers. Also, there is a general impression that stock markets are all working on black money only.

Now, if someone wants to legally manage others' portfolios, what is the procedure ? How does one become a registered portfolio manager ? Also, what are the limitations (like not being able to trade in derivatives etc).

I can also gather that a day trader can not legally become a money manager / trader on someone else's behalf. Or is there a way ?

MANISH_DAMANI

Problem in India is that people trust big banners without knowing truth behind it. Here people want to start from grass route level they dont get fair chance to prove.I am not taking side of anyone but expressing views. Thing is that some people have money not knowledge or some have knowledge not money, some has both but bad luck, some has all.
1 st category have undue respect because they have money, second category get humiliation by the society, friends, family etc., third category could get sympathy for few days after that converted to 2nd category, and 4 th category dont care for any one and enjoys everything. But every body cannot come in 4 th category. If some body is doing well himself he dont need to serve others. As people can dontae but dont let others to earn basic human nature. Some talks about degree - there is not guarantee that after taking degree some body possess good knowledge. When I was giving CA foundation 1 guy is sitting ahead of me and one besides him in next column. Person ahead me got 11 th rank all over India. Both from ST. Xavier college Kolkata. Most renowned college of Kolkata.Best in Kolkata. Last paper- Economics. Fellow scored 11 th rank said I have not studied whole night. When teacher was out of rooms for few mins he goes open his bag and take out study mat. Comes to his sit and take out all all pages required. Teacher come but his luck saved. He threw that book near bags and rest with cheat papers and safely out. So how people get rank and be famous. Is 3 hrs exams or degree really judge knowledge.
I dont say all people scores like that but for judging any body his contract notes, his degree is not important.Thing is how he analyzed. People in our country dont have confidence that they can do best and also started thinking that if dont then others also cannot. They agree only when either go far away from their expectation or over show fake things. In first case why some body work for you if he has ability to earn himself. Why somebody take pain for you. We are in kalyug dont forget. Same discussion same question and same answers in different thread. Life is not easy. Yes money is hard earned and no body can give it to play by another person. But why are you coming in market. Greed . Greed to become rich. For get anything something to be paid. If want profit then get ready for loss too. Some people burns their hands and start shouting all are fraud fraud. Some say why SEBI/FMC dont do anything for discount broker etc. etc. We human decide right or wrong as per our need. When somebody benefits us then he is right else he is wrong. Complete hippcracy.Dont come in market by taking loans, comprising your daily life if you dont have knowledge. Money is not grown on tree.Every body is doing it for survival and get some comfortable life. Legal or illegal nice phrase again. Who has defined that few people who has selected by us and make laws this is legal or illegal. We are bound to follow whether that is right or wrong for.So if two person agreed on something called consensus ad idem in legal terms for some consideration there where is question of legality arise if that is not going to harm any third person.We are making laws to fear criminals not making environment that no body needs to be criminal.Different human different thinking something is right for any one may be wrong for another.Every body has his own criteria of judgement and has his own way to express views. Purpose for making money is different. For some one a lavish life, for some one to prove himself, for someone power, for some one survival. All depends. Thinking should be broad and before judging some one is right or wrong we have to keep ourself in that person place. Then judge what is right or wrong.I know this is pakau statement for many people but I am facing something too.I have pain and no choice. Before leaving traderji in my life I will once post my story fully. That I will post when I fulfill my challenge to someone.:):thumb:

Last edited:
zup bhaiya yahan par har koi intelligent hah koi bhi intini assani se apna paisa kyu degaa yahhan toh koi apnne relative ko nahi deta woh khud market mein udaa dega lekin intni assani se impossible . aur haan traderji pe koi naya jaldi se nahi aata traderji par har bannda sab jagah se dhaakke kha kar hi aata hah . agar yaha se kisi se paisa lena hah toh kam se kam proof dena paddega . nahi to its very tedious for you to get money managed. noboby will believe u . abh dekho bhai ek banda uska thread abh delete ho gaya i think woh roz apna screen shot post karta tha woh bhi hefty profit but usko bhi kisi ne itni tawazoo nahi di

rohitsx

ppl will happily loose 13 + 5 lakhs in the market by themselves , than give their money to someone else to manage:p

MANISH_DAMANI

ppl will happily loose 13 + 5 lakhs in the market by themselves , than give their money to someone else to manage:p
even then they dont give to any one except you dont have big office. They say yeah market kisi key papa ka nahi hey, yeah satta hai, They can give it cheat funds, person open office and doubling, tripling money in no time, etc. etc. Some search for portfolio manager registered with requisite govt. dept., they can follow person sitting on desk as dealer.But not to someone who might grow their money. Secondly they are not wrong too because so much fraud happening in market. But due to this fear they trapped more in wrong hand.So keep on trying might be sometime your luck change. Because some good people are also there who can judge on qualities not merely on fake show off.:):thumb: