Intraday profit system

Intraday Trading makes profit?

• Total voters
First of all I like to thanks my friend Srinivasan Lakshminarayanan(sln1941) for encouraging me for this post. I was hesitating to post my system here. Because I was not sure whether it will be good to post system here or not, because I am new in trading. I am following Indian stock market for last 2-3 years, before I jumped up in market with real market. Market always gave me thrill to be part of it. I made wining trades as well as loosing trades. But Most of time I lost money because I have followed others advice for success. Once I decided to leave market. Then Again I started searching and find out that TIPS destroy my money. It is better to make mistake by my own decision than losing money with others advice.
So after many searches in many websites and most importantly Traderji.com , I made my system. But as I am new to this system, I am again asking all the members to find out if this system really works or not. Because I saw 98% winning in this strategy. Even if you lose money, your winning trades will cover up.
I use Sharekhan Trade Tiger, no any other trading software. So I made back testing on this strategy manualy with last 1 months with many scripts. This strategy is not script specific.
Now enough chit-chat I made. Here is my strategy

What we need: 3 EMA, 13 EMA, 39 SMA, Stochastic(8,3,4). If anybody wants then can use MACD also, for extra confirmation.
Time Frame: 5 min time frame. If you want duaal confirmation, then use 10 min chart and 5 min. But my preliminary time frame is 5 min.
Our trigger is just like many system when 3 EMA crosses 13 EMA. I use 39 SMA as my base/trend/stop loss trigger.
Long Call:
39 SMA should be flat or incrementing. Incrementing 39 SMA is better than other flat. Now once 3 EMA cross 13 EMA from bellow, we are ready to take trade. After cross we will take position on a green body candle after the cross. Now we need to take care of strong momentum or we can catch some whipsaw. So I recommend that take position if stochastic shows reading more than 16. It is better to have value above 20 for extra confirmation. I avoid position if it decrements an coming bellow 20. Then wait for a turn.
Stop loss= Our stop loss will be above 39 SMA, and you can adjust it with your risk appetite. I use ADX for volatility calculation. But make sure that your stop loss is above 39 SMA.
Once our trade is favour of us we will increment our stop loss gradually. Only because I dont want to make my wining trade a losing trade.
Exit Policy= I dont want to exit by myself. I prefer to be in trade till that dont hit my stop loss. But is better to square off some of our trade once 3 EMA cross 39 SMA. I saw that many times 3 EMA cross make final turn of the trade and sometimes it makes short term correction of the price for better rally.

Short call:
It is just reverse of long call. Everything will remain same only this time 39 SMA will be at top and 3 EMA and 13 EMA will cross it. Stochastic must be above 16 and incrementing.

May this system looks like very similar to the system you use, I dont want to take any credit for that. I just have collected many system information and made this simple set up. I saw that this system is easy to use and it has many adjustment. Like Base trend follower 39 SMA, basic stop loss level calculation, sort term momentum recognition (3 and 39 cross).
I made back testing but I still looking for feedback from other members.
This will be ADX must be above 16 and incrementing.
I am sorry for the typing error

With the stochastics, you can't do that. When it is OS, it is saying not "Go long", but "Get ready to go long." There is a difference. You sure cannot use an oscillator as a standalone.

As far as what you are relating to stochastic divergence, I don't know what it is.
Yes, I agree that any oscillator as a standalone isn't a very good indicator.

Divergence is when the price and oscillator move in different directions. For a probable dip, the price is making higher highs while stochs are making lower highs. Reverse for a probable upmove - the price is making lower lows while the stochs are making higher lows.

Divergences are very well explained by Smart_Trade in the thread "How to trade with an oscillator" .. will have to search the exact posts.

The unsure thing is, ST says that 3 such points (whether for upmove or downmove) confirm a divergence, but lately the price action has come after 2 such points :(

4xpipcounter

Debarghya, there is so much about trading that is personal and opinions only--indicators used, time holding a trade, method or approach towards the markets, margining, lot size, etc, etc.
Those are the things that I always try and keep personal biases out of the way. If a method to trade by is having trouble getting developed, then all of the above, and maybe something else needs to be looked at.

There are some things that are not open for opinions because it is black and white. Its cut-n-dry. These things will be of benefit to keep in mind as you develop. BTW, judging by your questions, you seem to be on the right track, because they pack some intelligence and thought.
1. Methodology-- This is the first thing that needs to be worked on. Believe it or not, this is the easy part. Markets can only go north or south. You just need a method that will discern in advance which way they will go.
2. Money management--This involves lot size relative to your equity. Stop size and TP size relative to your winning percentage. This comes as step 1 is developed. After all if there is no step 1, then there is no need for step 2, because the trader is losing consistently so there will be no money to manage....eventually.
3. Conquering the mental part-- You will never know where you stand here until you have developed the 1st 2 steps and go live. This involves discipline to stick with your gameplan. Involves conquering greed and fear. It means adhering to all the principles during the time your complete methodology was developed. It means setting a trade and being able to calmly walk away. It means your emotions don't show if you had a huge winning trade or a losing trade. It means no one can tell by looking at your outward demeanor what kind of a day you had at the office just by looking at you. It is the intangible element that is the most important.

Good Morning Sir,
Thank you for your detail discussion.
As you said that "Bottom line, I like any system that produces consistent winning trades. Once learned, this will."
Very true for any system. What I believe that there is no system that can give you 100% winning rate. But if 6 out of 10 is winning trade and you have a solid money management plan along with good stop loss strategy, 6 winning trade can give you good return. What is your opinion?
This depends on the totality of your trading system. There are successful traders that win 40% of the time and are doing great. This is because they have huge winners and small losers. Others win 75% of the time and they can't get to square 1.
What you need to do is develop your methodology and money management skills on a demo account. Keep track of all your trades, and then make some conclusions.
I could answer "yes" or "no" just as easily to your question.
You are right inasmuch that no system wins 100% of the time. This game has a way of humbling you. I once had 26 consecutive winning trades, then I had 4 out of 5 losing trades right after that.
There is nothing easy about trading, but do keep in mind the simplicity of trading. It is capsulized in 2 key words, "UP or DOWN". All you need to do is know which way and you make profits.

Now my second question is that I use normal broker terminal for trading. No any other special charting software. So is it possible for me to calculate TD trend line and follow his 9 days, 3 days etc etc? What I think is that if anybody has Amiborker or MT then he can follow TD system. Am I right?
I can't answer your question directly, as it is out of my line of experience, but let me answer within my perspective. I use MT4. I use it because I get all the professional software that I need to abet my interests in making the most educated trading decisions possbile. I get all I need from an MT4. You should feel that way about Amibroker.

Sir I found GANN system is easy to follow. Even though it is too easy to follow(if I dont make mistake to understand it). All it said that take average trade price of first 15-30 min trading. Then put it on GANN table. Now just follow the table data for trigger price stop loss and target price.
Isnt it too easy? Or there are some catch?
The GANN system is a good system to trade with. I would open a demo account and use it exclusively for trading the GANN off of. Do it for a month, and then decide.

I have little request to you, that is if GANN system can be use with concrete trading plan, then please share with us. Many said that GANN square 9 can be useful to use along with MA cross over system, somebody said with other indicator. Some said just use GANN data, thats it. :)
Then how to proceed?
W.D Gann, himself, reported to work with just a pencil and paper. He needed it to figure his levels. He didn't have nay MA's to look at. That is what is written in many books, and I also understand his system may have been tampered with over the years. When I was considering his system to trade with. I followed the numbers on my spreadsheet, and they worked well.
BTW, the above is not meant as a plug to his system, nor am I advocating or promoting it, just sharing some personal observations.
As an additional note, some say use MA's and others say use Gann data only. Ultimately, you will make that question. This is part of the learning. There are many questions that are asked that I have to be evasive in order to keep personal biases out of the way. My personal biases will not help in developmental process in trading. You can read my thread for my methodology and personal biases. But in my thread is where I let it all hang out. Even there, the trader should use that as a collection of ideas and not pure replication.

4xpipcounter

Timepass, divergences have a tendency to be overrated, even though Smartrade has an excellent thread along these lines. The reason is that when divergences happen, price action has usually hit extreme levels within the due process of that cycle, so it is natural for the trend to reverse.
Also, divergences happen a lot when it appears there is going to be a reversal. The oscillator becomes OB/OS, a little steam gets let out by virtue of a ST correction, and then continues in the trend. At that point, there is nothing to do but for the oscillator to create a divergence. I believe this is where a static form of S&R's to work as a confluence really comes in handy. An example would be the call I made last week on the EUR/CHF and USD/CHF. I even made the comment before it happened that it was so easy it should be illegal, and then a 3-day, 900-pip splashdown happened. That plunge was forecasted within 18 pips.
Stochastics diverged, and then the static S&R's formed a confluence to signal the reversal, and then the confluence of events put the daily kijun on the radar.

Yes, I agree that any oscillator as a standalone isn't a very good indicator.

Divergence is when the price and oscillator move in different directions. For a probable dip, the price is making higher highs while stochs are making lower highs. Reverse for a probable upmove - the price is making lower lows while the stochs are making higher lows.

Divergences are very well explained by Smart_Trade in the thread "How to trade with an oscillator" .. will have to search the exact posts.

The unsure thing is, ST says that 3 such points (whether for upmove or downmove) confirm a divergence, but lately the price action has come after 2 such points :(

vinst

Good Morning Sir,
Thank you for your detail discussion.
As you said that "Bottom line, I like any system that produces consistent winning trades. Once learned, this will."
Very true for any system. What I believe that there is no system that can give you 100% winning rate. But if 6 out of 10 is winning trade and you have a solid money management plan along with good stop loss strategy, 6 winning trade can give you good return. What is your opinion?

Now my second question is that I use normal broker terminal for trading. No any other special charting software. So is it possible for me to calculate TD trend line and follow his 9 days, 3 days etc etc? What I think is that if anybody has Amiborker or MT then he can follow TD system. Am I right?

Sir I found GANN system is easy to follow. Even though it is too easy to follow(if I dont make mistake to understand it). All it said that take average trade price of first 15-30 min trading. Then put it on GANN table. Now just follow the table data for trigger price stop loss and target price.
Isnt it too easy? Or there are some catch?

I have little request to you, that is if GANN system can be use with concrete trading plan, then please share with us. Many said that GANN square 9 can be useful to use along with MA cross over system, somebody said with other indicator. Some said just use GANN data, thats it. :)
Then how to proceed?
As per my awareness, Gann sq of 9 does not need any MA. However if it helps you to have an MA along with sq of 9, please go ahead.