Intraday profit system

Intraday Trading makes profit?

• Total voters

4xpipcounter

With oscillators, as well as all lagging indicators, you have to be bale to anticipate the event of the indicator before it happens, and this is where a confluence of indicators is needed, and which is where you are on the right track with the MA's you are using.
I use the MT4 platform, which does not have the ADX. I'm still much acquainted with it. I posted yours. The oval portion highlights a slight problem when depending on the signal of the indicator itself. The DMI's did not cross yet and the ADX is still way up there, yet, there was a 3-candle drop in the price, which virtually brought your winnings back to 0 or below. From that point, the decision is to either stay in the trade and wait for the rebound, or get out and take a small hit.
In hindsight, you could say, "I would have entered here, got out there, and cashed in nice profits."
The ADX is an excellent trending indicator, and with practice, I think it, the stochastics, or any other oscillator can be used to the trader's advantage.
I'll post a personal chart with my methodology just to show how I got into a trade that is 400 pips up in 2 days. I posted in my thread the move in advance, but a crossover had to be anticipated. I'll point all that out next.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

With oscillators, as well as all lagging indicators, you have to be bale to anticipate the event of the indicator before it happens, and this is where a confluence of indicators is needed, and which is where you are on the right track with the MA's you are using.
I use the MT4 platform, which does not have the ADX. I'm still much acquainted with it. I posted yours. The oval portion highlights a slight problem when depending on the signal of the indicator itself. The DMI's did not cross yet and the ADX is still way up there, yet, there was a 3-candle drop in the price, which virtually brought your winnings back to 0 or below. From that point, the decision is to either stay in the trade and wait for the rebound, or get out and take a small hit.
In hindsight, you could say, "I would have entered here, got out there, and cashed in nice profits."
The ADX is an excellent trending indicator, and with practice, I think it, the stochastics, or any other oscillator can be used to the trader's advantage.
I'll post a personal chart with my methodology just to show how I got into a trade that is 400 pips up in 2 days. I posted in my thread the move in advance, but a crossover had to be anticipated. I'll point all that out next.

Yes Right you are Sir. It is not in this chart only I have seen this situation in past also. Where after a small profit price comes to zero profit or sometimes with tiny loss. Well I have two answer for this.
1) Your 39 SMA is showing you strength in the trade. So there is a high probability that the stock will come back again with profit.
2) Your 3 EMA touched 39 SMA but didn't cross it yet.
3) You can increase your stop loss gradually, so your winning trade will never become a loosing trade. But this be a tiny profit. May call scrapping. I am also looking for the best option.

I am waiting for your strategy sir with charts as you mentioned.
Have a nice day.

4xpipcounter

I read your post #21 after I posted my previous one. I'm about to blow that theorist out of the water. My question is, "What makes anyone think they can trade in between the tops and bottoms if they can't trade the tops and bottoms? What is the difference?

This is the post I made in my thread, and is verifiable by the time stamp and the chart that was posted at the time, which was before the move:

"This pair is getting ready to be plundered. A doji being formed at the bottom of the cloud with an SD channel extreme, and a very bearish cloud is the means for a ticket to the kijun, as per my Weekly Forecast.

As an additional note, with the current view effective for the EUR/USD, this also means the USD/CHF is picking up the tickets for the jet south.

It's like cheating, this chart is so obvious."

As an additional note, the USD/CHF also went south.

First in order to repudiate the claim someone made you can't trade tops and bottoms, this proves him to be wrong. My trade was entered at the top, and is now doing real well.
Notice the divergence on the stochastics. It did not cross at the time of the forecast. That had to be anticipated. It could only be anticipated through a confluence of the other events. This was also how I knew the pair was about to be "plundered".
Getting back to MA crossovers. The system would look perfect on the lower TF's. Here's the catch. At the time of entry it could not have been determined the depths of the trend, or even if the trader would have been whipsawed. It could be determined in advance the reversal was about to happen when the approach shows a solid area of resistance or support.

In support of your system, let's add something to it. You have your MA's, an oscillator, whether it be the ADX or the stochastics. Now let's add to it a stagnant form of S or R. As an example, this could be chart S or R's, TL's or even the ichimoku (I don't like talking about it too much, because love it, and my bias will come through--lol.).
Let's apply these concepts to the trade just consummated as per the posted chart: Candle hits the bottom of a fresh daily cloud. It also hits the top of the SD channel. Doji forms at said R's after strong runup. Anticipating crossover on stochastics for pattern of divergence.

In essence, it all adds up to a winning trade, and it was a "sell at top"

vinst

"This pair is getting ready to be plundered. A doji being formed at the bottom of the cloud with an SD channel extreme, and a very bearish cloud is the means for a ticket to the kijun, as per my Weekly Forecast.

Let's apply these concepts to the trade just consummated as per the posted chart: Candle hits the bottom of a fresh daily cloud. It also hits the top of the SD channel. Doji forms at said R's after strong runup. Anticipating crossover on stochastics for pattern of divergence.

In essence, it all adds up to a winning trade, and it was a "sell at top"
4xpip,

thanks for your views. what's an SD (standard deviation) channel? is it bollinger band? what should be parameters?

i found that SD channel is linear regression channel. if it is the same what you meant, what should be parameters?
regards,

4xpipcounter

I hope the previous post has proven that market analyst wrong when he says you can't trade the tops or bottoms.
As far as a suggestion for your system goes, I made it without trying in the previous post. Once the methodology is perfected (In other words, for it to be a consistent winner.) that uses indicators, it will contain indicators that can do a variety of things. In just have having a MA and an oscillator, you really have no way of determining where key reversal events could be. There is no way of measuring a trend's extremity, so you have no way of ascertaining its reversal. Once you know it is approaching a key point of S or R ,then you cna apply the principle behind the MA's and the oscillator.

I posted a chart, which through observation, shows whether the EMA or SMA is faster. The EMA naturally is.
If you want an MA to be faster just to generate a quicker signal, then you may want to reevaluate. Just as quick as it could generate a signal, it can also pull a headfake on you.

As far as TF's go, I use them all. If I was looking at the 5 or 15-min charts, it would have been very good to know what was going on with the daily. As I would look at those lower TF's, there is only one way I could think, and that is to go short.

There is not one indicator that gives concrete evidence of a move before it happens. If there was, we'd all be using it and all the brokerages would be bankrupt. They would not be able to afford us. This is why a lot of trading is anticipatory. This is also why static S&R's are also necessary in helping with the anticipation.

Pivots and Gann levels are nice ways too be able to predict key turning points or where price is headed during a particular range of time. AMAF, I recommend it. My personal S&R system could be contrived as a pivot system, and it is highly effective.

I understand your point Sir. Then What will be your suggestion for this system.

1) You said right that "MA is a lagging indicator". But Once a market analysis said to me that you can not catch the bottom and can not sell at top. :D . We do trade between these two. But I personally think that EMA is faster than SMA and may gives me faster indication of trade. Am I right? I know that EMA gives more whipsaw also. But median ( :) I am using your term ) can keep me in trade and can guide me for the trend.

2) Dual time frame system is really great but I am still not expert in it. As I told you, I am learning trading by myself from helps of seniors in TraderJi and other websites. But I saw that 5 min and 10 min time frame gives us better filtering. Any time frame you suggest me sir? Then I will try that.

3) Now I want to know two things from you

i) What indicator gives us signal before price moves. Many said that MACD can gives us. But I dont believe it. MACD is also reflection of past price movement.
ii) How TIPS makers "Predict call of the day?" :D . I know two systems PIVOT and GANN table. They use this to predict particular script movement for the day?

Thank you
Debarghya

4xpipcounter

Hi Vinst! You're welcome!
The actual name of the indicator I use is the standard deviation channel. It is a regression type of channel that measures an extreme in the form of a standard deviation. I'm an SD nut, so I love the indicator. It is like anything else. It has to be used in confluence and needs to be gauged with other TF's. The indicator redraws based on SD dynamics. It is not a sell signal or even an R just because it hits the top. I like to use it as a forewarning of what could happen.

4xpip,

thanks for your views. what's an SD (standard deviation) channel? is it bollinger band? what should be parameters?

i found that SD channel is linear regression channel. if it is the same what you meant, what should be parameters?
regards,

]

hi paul,
if oyu are using gci mt4 then it has adx.pls check.

4xpipcounter

TTG, you just blew me away. I didn't know I had you at my house too--lol.

Thank-you very much for bringing that up. I only use the GCI for the Indian markets so I never looked too close. I appreciated your input!

]

hi paul,
if oyu are using gci mt4 then it has adx.pls check.

I learn one thing today. More you get experience, more you will understand your chart.
You may make and learn many system and strategy but unless you get experience you will never learn the system.

More I follow chart, more I understand its movements and behavior.

4xpipcounter

Debarghya, I don't know if this will encourage or discourage you, but you barely scratched the surface.

I learn one thing today. More you get experience, more you will understand your chart.
You may make and learn many system and strategy but unless you get experience you will never learn the system.

More I follow chart, more I understand its movements and behavior.