internet connection-reliance forced to upgrade to 4g

Am in Surat today. Went to Reliance store and got a new 4G dongle in replacement of the old 3g dongle. It is basically a wifi hotspot.

It doesn't go through the ZTE software so can't see the upload download speed. But speedtest.net shows the following :

Usually everything works better in Surat. So the real test will come when in Delhi.

But thank God there is no ladfa of a sim and data pod etc. at present.
Has the WiPod started working ?No 4G SIM card to be used ?Reliance is not giving any clear instructions.My wi pod still gets no connectivity.

ST

Has the WiPod started working ?No 4G SIM card to be used ?Reliance is not giving any clear instructions.My wi pod still gets no connectivity.

ST
Yes, it is working. I had to surrender my 3g dongle and he activated the 4g wi-pod right there on the spot.

It's going to be a headache handling 2 devices (the laptop and the wi-pod) and I'll wait for the dongle to come in (maybe 4-5 months, he said).

vijkris

Learner and Follower
Am in Surat today. Went to Reliance store and got a new 4G dongle in replacement of the old 3g dongle. It is basically a wifi hotspot.

It doesn't go through the ZTE software so can't see the upload download speed. But speedtest.net shows the following :

Usually everything works better in Surat. So the real test will come when in Delhi.

But thank God there is no ladfa of a sim and data pod etc. at present.
speed is nowhere near 4g. in youtube speeds of upto 20 Mbps is seen.
maybe now they are giving 3g only.

natjay

Yes, it is working. I had to surrender my 3g dongle and he activated the 4g wi-pod right there on the spot.

It's going to be a headache handling 2 devices (the laptop and the wi-pod) and I'll wait for the dongle to come in (maybe 4-5 months, he said).
You mean we have to surrender the old dongle and only then will 4G be activated? I didn't know that. Actually, no one at the Reliance gallery said anything about returning the old dongle.

I have an old prepaid Netconnect dongle that runs on CDMA. Last week, I migrated that dongle's number to 4G and got the sim card by paying Rs 100. After that, I filled up the online 4G dongle migration form which said migration was successful.

But since then, both my old dongle and the new sim card aren't working. No signal on the new sim.

You mean we have to surrender the old dongle and only then will 4G be activated? I didn't know that. Actually, no one at the Reliance gallery said anything about returning the old dongle.

I have an old prepaid Netconnect dongle that runs on CDMA. Last week, I migrated that dongle's number to 4G and got the sim card by paying Rs 100. After that, I filled up the online 4G dongle migration form which said migration was successful.

But since then, both my old dongle and the new sim card aren't working. No signal on the new sim.
Perhaps they are giving the 4G dongle to the latecomers as a temporary measure. The shopkeeper said that I am good for 4-5 months now.

Yes, I returned the old netconnect 3 dongle.

This one 4G is working ok so far except that its an extra device to handle. Takes about 4-5 hours to recharge !!!

iwillwin

I am using jiofi.... using reliance jio 4g sim in that wifi portable battery operated router
Can connect 10 devices...
Able to stream live TV or videos...
Taken from reliance employee friend....75 GB 3 months 2k bugs
One has to check 4G network in their area before buying such jiofi devices

natjay

Perhaps they are giving the 4G dongle to the latecomers as a temporary measure. The shopkeeper said that I am good for 4-5 months now.

Yes, I returned the old netconnect 3 dongle.

This one 4G is working ok so far except that its an extra device to handle. Takes about 4-5 hours to recharge !!!
4-5 hours is way too high for a WiFi device like this. Now unless this device lasts a full week after charging for 5 hours, I'd say we're being sold duds that will remain on our desks as static, always-charging devices.

Besides, this also points to impending battery issues... There are very few modern "single function" devices that take this long to charge without some sort of battery issue cropping up within a few months. Also, what happens after 4-5 months? They'll tell us that we have to purchase something new again.

Personally, I'm annoyed that no one at Reliance CC or the gallery clarified the migration process for a dongle. Even when I went to the gallery, the person there took down my number, wrote "dongle" on the side of it, charged me 100 bucks and left it at that. Now, I'm left with a non-functioning dongle and a non-function "4G" sim.

Given this scenario, I'm guessing I'd rather get a fresh GSM sim and an unlocked USB dongle that charges off the laptop. That's because what we have right now is not 4G but simple GSM/3G.

4-5 hours is way too high for a WiFi device like this. Now unless this device lasts a full week after charging for 5 hours, I'd say we're being sold duds that will remain on our desks as static, always-charging devices.
I don't know how long it lasts. Used it from 8:30 to 5pm yesterday and then it needed about 4 hrs charging (it wasn't fully discharged). Started about 8am today, will use it till about 5 pm.

shri_r3

Hi friends,

I am from Karnataka and I use BSNL EVDO postpaid net. Its 750 rs unlimited . There is no capping and speed throttle after certain data limit completely unlimited and with all taxes its 859 rs per month.

The speed and connectivity is good however it is highly area dependent.
In our city bsnl tower is just about half km from my home and signal strength is almost always >95%.
But same dongle if I use it in my aunt's house which is just about 2.5 km from my place , there is lots of connectivity issues.
Using it since 2012 and its good.

If interested visit bsnl office and ask for demo at your place and then only decide to take or not.

Since I use mostly at my home no problem but if roaming to different places this is not as useful I guess.