How to trade Commodities - Gold, Silver, Crude Oil, Natural Gas

Easier to Trade - Commodities or Indexes or Stocks

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I trade all commodities on regular basis. Let me give example of trade i took on 25th, though such good trades are hard to come by.

FOMC meeting was scheduled and announcement awaited at 11pm IST. At 11 everything starts shooting up - a dovish statement from FOMC. I chk for the news online. Reuters site flashes news within next 10 minutes. "FOMC to hold rates at low till atleast late 2014." Ultra dovish news.

I look at charts, and find gold/silver set up well for good moves. First take a trade in silver. Take 800 bucks in that move. Next its turn of Gold. Take 100 bucks in that. That was an early exit, gold actually moved another 200 bucks in by 11:55. And even further overnight 25th n 26th. Should open gap up of atleast 200 bucks on 27th.

Charts attached.

poortrader

another trick; get 2g sim from a place where they are offering more data downloads, as there is no roaming on data gprs u can recharge it online, so in delhi u mayb getting 2gb for 90 odd if u import yr sim from a place where u get tht data bundled @ 90 odd..
idea is giving 4gb at good speeds for 147; among the better speed 2g idea is best compared to the amount charged. vodafone is universally good at 2gb/98rs

poortrader

Jim Roger Analyst Trader Or Tukka Maaru???????????:p:p:p

Around 1550$ Gold he said 1200-1300 coming now at 1720$ he says

Short currency Buy Gold means Time for correction in Gold
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now Any one have view on this Chart?????????????????

1) whts the software?
2) is it pitchfork kind of band?
maybe in reality he might have bought when price went down, who knows:clap:

Jim Roger Analyst Trader Or Tukka Maaru???????????:p:p:p

Around 1550$ Gold he said 1200-1300 coming now at 1720$ he says

Short currency Buy Gold means Time for correction in Gold
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Now Any one have view on this Chart?????????????????

Well, I dont think Jim Rogers trades/invests based on Guesses (Tukka Maaru). He puts in money for long term (It can be either on longside or shortside). One of the few guys who can understand the sentiments of the market. The rally that we have seen might be a suckers rally. As long as you trade it, its fine, you are trading in the direction of the trend, right now it is up, thanks to the Fed :). The major resistance we now need to watch now in gold is 1760-1780 and 1820.

I think what Jim Rogers meant is, he doesnt like to buy anything which is going up, he said he didnt sell his Gold at 1920, or not selling when its coming down also, but he would add/buy if it comes to 1200-1300. I guess still as a portfolio he has done good, long all commodities (all commodities have done well in 1 month), he is long EU (EU rallied from 1.26 to 1.32), long oil, oil is refusing to correct. Coming to his shorts, he is short emerging markets ETF, Nasdaq, I think overall he should be doing ok (GREAT!!).

Cheers!!

Last edited:
Today we went and touched the upper end of the channel which we are in since more than a year. I think unless we consolidate/have a healthy correction from 5200-5250 till 5050-4950 levels and then come back and retest the upward channel, we shouldn't believe that the channel has broken on the upside. The candle that we formed today is also perfect (hanging man, needs confirmation on monday for this) calling for some consolidation/correction before the next move.

Well, I dont think Jim Rogers trades/invests based on Guesses (Tukka Maaru). He puts in money for long term (It can be either on longside or shortside). One of the few guys who can understand the sentiments of the market. The rally that we have seen might be a suckers rally. As long as you trade it, its fine, you are trading in the direction of the trend, right now it is up, thanks to the Fed :). The major resistance we now need to watch now in gold is 1760-1780 and 1820.

I think what Jim Rogers meant is, he doesnt like to buy anything which is going up, he said he didnt sell his Gold at 1920, or not selling when its coming down also, but he would add/buy if it comes to 1200-1300. I guess still as a portfolio he has done good, long all commodities (all commodities have done well in 1 month), he is long EU (EU rallied from 1.26 to 1.32), long oil, oil is refusing to correct. Coming to his shorts, he is short emerging markets ETF, Nasdaq, I think overall he should be doing ok (GREAT!!).

Cheers!!
Bro Give me some time would post link where it is said that Jim sold 25% of his position between 1800-1900:p

hi all,
i am very new to the commodity trading. I saw ur comments and charts above. I am very interested on buying and selling silver especially. can u please advice whether shall i gohead with buy or sell today(27/01/2012). Please quote ur rate in Rupees.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.