General Trading Chat

VJAY

Although I was very young (schoolboy) in 2008 and didn't watch the market sentiments myself, but I learned that before such 2008 kind of bear markets there comes euphoria. People buying stocks as if there is no tomorrow. All xyz stocks become multibaggers. I didn't feel that the sentiment was similar to late 2007 when nifty was at 11700.

Market veterans like ST Da and seniors can throw light about the scenario and the mood prevailed among the general retail trader/investors group during late 2007. I would love to hear those stories. :)
I still remember those days like happened yesterday :) ..That time also I trade only intraday so not much things happen to me ..My many friends with DLF in big qty...its reached 1400 but some are sold but few are holded even it come 1200 then I said them to its now not good to hold positions when Nifty PE is arround 27+ ...I not much knowledge that time about longer term trends etc....but studied behavior of PE that time ......intrestingly few of them holding DLF still hoping its come back :D when there started next DT with alrming PE above 27+ again :)

@Smart_trade
What is your view of the following 3 small cap stocks for the long term (10 years & above):
1. Equitas Holdings
2. Pokarna
3. Alphageo

Thank you
I have no expertise in small and midcap stocks. I have been investing in large cap growth stocks all along.
But if you see good earning visibility and profit growth of min 25 % and sales growth of min 10 % YOY, then you can invest.

Smart_trade

Met a long term investor friend....he had told me in the month of Feb 2018 that the BSE sensex will drop down to 33000....though he was accurate on many occasions in past ,I did not believe him....now his target of 33000 and my target of Nifty 10000 seems close.

His next target by Nov 2019 is Sensex 40,000....let us see if that comes true... trade only on our views as per our charts...but keep the targets as overall view of the market.Dont let such long term targets affect our trades....they are posted for fun....

Smart_trade

While talking to my friend he says he also invests in mutual funds and he has a large holding in various mutual funds. He buys HDFC Top 200 fund on decline of every 500 sensex points and sells near his target...as he has old holding also his profits become Long Term capital Gains........according to him HDFC Top 200 fund mimics Sensex movements faithfully.....I have not checked..I have not invested in that fund but members interested can check.

ST

iwillwin

Sir how to get opportunities to meet such experienced investors who have seen many market cycles....at local brokers office does one get to meet or during any seminar

Sir how to get opportunities to meet such experienced investors who have seen many market cycles....at local brokers office does one get to meet or during any seminar
You wont meet large successful traders at the brokers offices and also at trading seminars.....they keep in touch with each other on telephone or personal meetings ....every city has few successful traders and investors and they know each other though they may not meet very often. You come to know about them through word of mouth communication. I am fortunate that I have traded with some of them in my early days so we keep in touch. Successful traders group is a small group and the entry is by invitation and acceptance. One gets entry only if the group knows that you bring something to the table by way of your ideas,experience.....they are not very open to admitting new traders...

ST

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
You wont meet large successful traders at the brokers offices and also at trading seminars.....they keep in touch with each other on telephone or personal meetings ....every city has few successful traders and investors and they know each other though they may not meet very often. You come to know about them through word of mouth communication. I am fortunate that I have traded with some of them in my early days so we keep in touch. Successful traders group is a small group and the entry is by invitation and acceptance. One gets entry only if the group knows that you bring something to the table by way of your ideas,experience.....they are not very open to admitting new traders...

ST
Sir,
I was utilising this weekend to study TD D-waves. Have gone through the theory, do you know of any AFL or a script that draws them? Multiple qualifiers and number punching is part of this concept.
Especially important is when a beginning of wave 3 or 5 (identified) coincides with a supportive sequential/combo count thereby filtering out exceptional signals.
Thanks

Vivek

Sir,
I was utilising this weekend to study TD D-waves. Have gone through the theory, do you know of any AFL or a script that draws them? Multiple qualifiers and number punching is part of this concept.
Especially important is when a beginning of wave 3 or 5 (identified) coincides with a supportive sequential/combo count thereby filtering out exceptional signals.
Thanks

Vivek
No, I do not know any AFL which will help plotting TD D Waves.

Smart_trade

Sir,
Thanks

Vivek

Need some work to complete it.

http://www.traderji.com/community/t...-need-help-converting-from-mq4-to-afl.103704/