General Trading Chat

We'll learn a lot more about "actual" machine learning from a much-cheaper Udemy course. The term trading education in India is an oxymoron.
totally! Check out this guy called Kiril Elemenko. He promises t be good. I bought a couple of courses but never had the time to go learn it. Now that you've reminded me, I might probably take a look at it the coming year.

NJ78

totally! Check out this guy called Kiril Elemenko. He promises t be good. I bought a couple of courses but never had the time to go learn it. Now that you've reminded me, I might probably take a look at it the coming year.
Kiril is an awesome guy. Very knowledgable. His trading course is almost always on bestseller lists. Got to admit, I'm pretty much addicted to Udemy. I buy courses like kids buy candy. At least in this case, it's food for the mind and the courses are like 640, 700, 770... very cheap & comprehensive.

By the way, always check for coupons (Google "udemy free coupons"). Several of the just-launched courses are given away for free by their authors and you can enroll in them for free using these coupons.

Kiril is an awesome guy. Very knowledgable. His trading course is almost always on bestseller lists. Got to admit, I'm pretty much addicted to Udemy. I buy courses like kids buy candy. At least in this case, it's food for the mind and the courses are like 640, 700, 770... very cheap & comprehensive.

By the way, always check for coupons (Google "udemy free coupons"). Several of the just-launched courses are given away for free by their authors and you can enroll in them for free using these coupons.
thats super!! Glad to know I am not the only geek in here :p

This stock on the monthly stock is trading above RSI 70 since many years.Look at the charts. I suggest doing a monthly/weekly sip rather then waiting for a dip.

View attachment 27681
I made a quick calculation on how monthly SIP has done in Bajaj Finance. I have taken periods after the share went ex bonus ex split in Sept 2016. Assuming that one invested Rs 10,000 on 1st of every month the total SIP investment is 22 installments starting from 3 rd Oct 2016 and continued till today, the investment is Rs 2,20,000 and the current market value of 149 Shares accumalated is Rs 4,27,000 approx. so it is almost 100 % return in SIP in 2 years.( actually the average Rs 1,10,000 was invested for full 2 years as it was a SIP)

It is never too late for this stock...one can start a SIP even today....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
This stock on the monthly stock is trading above RSI 70 since many years.Look at the charts. I suggest doing a monthly/weekly sip rather then waiting for a dip.

View attachment 27681
I made a quick calculation on how monthly SIP has done in Bajaj Finance. I have taken periods after the share went ex bonus ex split in Sept 2016. Assuming that one invested Rs 10,000 on 1st of every month the total SIP investment is 22 installments starting from 3 rd Oct 2016 and continued till today, the investment is Rs 2,20,000 and the current market value of 149 Shares accumalated is Rs 4,27,000 approx. so it is almost 100 % return in SIP in 2 years.( actually the average Rs 1,10,000 was invested for full 2 years as it was a SIP)

It is never too late for this stock...one can start a SIP even today....

Smart_trade
Booking out profits and re-enter with Demark timing technique on one side
And
Keep invested only to add with timing technique on the other side
Actually it's the trader mindset fighting with the investor....
Investor is the king for Bajaj finance
So many failed/mild sell CDs and very few buy CDs in recent times sums it all up.
Lastly, a weekly sell13 is due this week, and I am scared to put my money on this one too...

Vivek

ncube

https://www.ncfm-india.com/EDP_FinancialModelling&Algo-Trading.pdf

NSE 5 day programme in Financial Modelling and Algorithmic Trading.Fees is steep at Rs 1,10,000=00

Smart_trade
Sir, I feel its not worth taking such steeply priced courses on Algorithmic trading for retailers, Currently In India its not that easy to get all the required data at retail level to build financial models. Also Algorithmic trading does not mean more profits. The best approach for retail traders is to build factor models using intuitively sound concepts and backtest it algorithimically to gain confidence. If the factors are showing good results one can develop the Algorithmic scripts to automatically generate trading signals with low manual intervention.

Once the extended trading hours starts it will benefit traders to move to some form of Algorithmic trading if their trading rules are mechanical and systematic to ensure burnouts dont happen.

People who are interested in Algorithmic trading can first explore courses which are freely available and only go for paid once if it makes sense.

I found the following free tutorials and lectures on Quantopian more than sufficient for anyone with basic coding skills to come up to speed on Algorithmic trading.

https://www.quantopian.com/tutorials
https://www.quantopian.com/lectures

ncube

Last edited: