General Trading Chat

DMart ( Avenue Supermarts) has given following appreciation in various timeframes :

1) Last 5 sessions .......>4 %
2) Last 1 month ............11.8 %
3) Last 6 months ..........> 40%
4) Last 12 months .......> 98 %

Power of investing in right growth stock....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

lemondew

St,

I have a query. Can you tell me how many nifty points you are going to make in the remaining months of this year?

I don't want to know the figure but just want to know whether you can know how much you will end up by this year

St,

I have a query. Can you tell me how many nifty points you are going to make in the remaining months of this year?
The idea is to make money or earn return on our capital...so whether I do it by Nifty future or stocks it does not matter.

I dont know how much I will make in remaining year....that depends on how much the market gives us......for me the question is whether I did justice to every opportunity presented to me or not. But I know that I am already ahead in the game this year as usual and I will stay there.....let us see what the market has in store for us...

Smart_trade

lemondew

With salary you know in advance how much you will have by end ofyear and how much you will spend. With trading especially when you are growing an account i dont even know what will be the size by end of year or 2years

The idea is to make money or earn return on our capital...so whether I do it by Nifty future or stocks it does not matter.

I dont know how much I will make in remaining year....that depends on how much the market gives us......for me the question is whether I did justice to every opportunity presented to me or not. But I know that I am already ahead in the game this year as usual and I will stay there.....let us see what the market has in store for us...

Smart_trade

With salary you know in advance how much you will have by end ofyear and how much you will spend. With trading especially when you are growing an account i dont even know what will be the size by end of year or 2years
Just concentrate on trading well and other things will be taken care of automatically......traders dont have fixed earnings but they dont have cap on their earnings too....but capital building process is slow and painful .Because on a 5 L capital if one makes 3 L per year, it will go in his expenses and there is little which gets added to capital formation...but on 50 L capital if one makes same % ie Rs 30 L he will use 5 or 7 L for expenses and the remaining ( after taxes) will go in capital formation.....

For good earning as a full time trader one needs to be well capitalised.

Smart_trade

lemondew

Saw this havent really looked into this. Have someone looked to tap funds to increase capital for trading. Kindly share your experience . At some point we will need a 50 lac account size to sustain drawdowns, withdraw for expenses and increase capital.

https://www.quora.com/What-are-the-best-ways-to-get-startup-funding-in-India

Just concentrate on trading well and other things will be taken care of automatically......traders dont have fixed earnings but they dont have cap on their earnings too....but capital building process is slow and painful .Because on a 5 L capital if one makes 3 L per year, it will go in his expenses and there is little which gets added to capital formation...but on 50 L capital if one makes same % ie Rs 30 L he will use 5 or 7 L for expenses and the remaining ( after taxes) will go in capital formation.....

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Saw this havent really looked into this. Have someone looked to tap funds to increase capital for trading. Kindly share your experience . At some point we will need a 50 lac account size to sustain drawdowns, withdraw for expenses and increase capital.

I was just listening to the interview of Madhu Kela.....he says between Churchgate and Borivali in Mumbai there are over 200 fund managers...I am sure there are more than 2000 trading advisors and people trading on others account between Churchgate and Borivli ...

The real question is how many guys are consistant performers on smaller capital of say 4-5 Lakhs for over 3-4 years ......making money every year,every month and every week.....if someone can show the performance I am sure Zerodha and FYERS will be very happy to welcome them for managing their proprietory trading book...

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.

Smart_trade
My aim is to synthesise capital from the market, after creating a base capital of 5Lakh, a consistent profit regime will make it perpetual. A 5lakh capital can become a 1Cr capital in 4-5 years on compounding assuming one has a return of 60% a year. Borrowing money is not part of my game, also helping me is my primary profession.
The bottom line is consistency and perseverance.

Vivek