General Trading Chat

I don't think FYERS does prop trading.
If you read their 30 days challenge posts, I remember they have hinted that for winners many opportunities can be opened up....
Every person in the market trades on proprietory account....may be in different name, different company....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

lemondew

Thanx for valuable advices. I first hope to end this calendar year profitable and by a good margin. But then profit from a small account cannot really take care of expenses and raising capital.

This leads to 2 things
1) We try to fine tune a good profitable system so that it generates very high returns from a small capital. High returns arent good enough and normal drawdowns become laggards and can make capital generation process really slow.

2) Now instead of trying to generate very high returns. I am just also trying to look to raise capital if it can be smooth and stakes arent too high.

St,
Working from the confines of home partially working on other chores seems the best for me now.

Vivek,

If the drawdowns can make converting 4-5 lacs to 1 cr a 7-8 years time without touching your capital. That is still a very good system. But the next 7-8 years you will have to restrict your expenses and sustain.

I was just listening to the interview of Madhu Kela.....he says between Churchgate and Borivali in Mumbai there are over 200 fund managers...I am sure there are more than 2000 trading advisors and people trading on others account between Churchgate and Borivli ...

The real question is how many guys are consistant performers on smaller capital of say 4-5 Lakhs for over 3-4 years ......making money every year,every month and every week.....if someone can show the performance I am sure Zerodha and FYERS will be very happy to welcome them for managing their proprietory trading book...
Smart_trade
I was just listening to the interview of Madhu Kela.....he says between Churchgate and Borivali in Mumbai there are over 200 fund managers...I am sure there are more than 2000 trading advisors and people trading on others account between Churchgate and Borivli ...

The real question is how many guys are consistant performers on smaller capital of say 4-5 Lakhs for over 3-4 years ......making money every year,every month and every week.....if someone can show the performance I am sure Zerodha and FYERS will be very happy to welcome them for managing their proprietory trading book...

Smart_trade
My aim is to synthesise capital from the market, after creating a base capital of 5Lakh, a consistent profit regime will make it perpetual. A 5lakh capital can become a 1Cr capital in 4-5 years on compounding assuming one has a return of 60% a year. Borrowing money is not part of my game, also helping me is my primary profession.
The bottom line is consistency and perseverance.

Vivek

travi

My aim is to synthesise capital from the market, after creating a base capital of 5Lakh, a consistent profit regime will make it perpetual. A 5lakh capital can become a 1Cr capital in 4-5 years on compounding assuming one has a return of 60% a year. Borrowing money is not part of my game, also helping me is my primary profession.
The bottom line is consistency and perseverance.

Vivek
Well said bhai, Compounding is more often used in the biased context of "compounding money" alone.

Nobody talks about the compounding of performance, but that definitely exits.
The mistakes one makes in his first 500 trades aren't the same in then 500 and then next & so on. That itself is the compounding of Perf. :)
Ppl assume that the pain in the first 1k trades will be the same as in the 2-3k trades but there is something like neuroplasticity in which the brain has reformed itself.

TraderGYO

Just concentrate on trading well and other things will be taken care of automatically......traders dont have fixed earnings but they dont have cap on their earnings too....but capital building process is slow and painful .Because on a 5 L capital if one makes 3 L per year, it will go in his expenses and there is little which gets added to capital formation...but on 50 L capital if one makes same % ie Rs 30 L he will use 5 or 7 L for expenses and the remaining ( after taxes) will go in capital formation.....

For good earning as a full time trader one needs to be well capitalised.

Smart_trade
I have a question; How do you,sir, decides on position sizing when working with a daily chart ? For intraday trade calculation is straightforward i.e. Max Risk/(|Entry price - SL|). What confuses me if I swing trade a small portion of my already smaller capital sometime I feel the total value I am holding overnight ( number of shares * (|entry-SL|)) is large comparative to my capital. So, does swing trading with an allocated fixed number of money, say 5000, and looking to again % on this capital make far better sense?

lemondew

Am assuming there can be degradation of performance due to tinkering of system the wrong way, Market parameters being unfavourable as well. This can lead to lower returns for that period. Knowledge will always improve. But the unpredictable nature of monetary outcome will remain.

Well said bhai, Compounding is more often used in the biased context of "compounding money" alone.

Nobody talks about the compounding of performance, but that definitely exits.
The mistakes one makes in his first 500 trades aren't the same in then 500 and then next & so on. That itself is the compounding of Perf. :)
Ppl assume that the pain in the first 1k trades will be the same as in the 2-3k trades but there is something like neuroplasticity in which the brain has reformed itself.

I have a question; How do you,sir, decides on position sizing when working with a daily chart ? For intraday trade calculation is straightforward i.e. Max Risk/(|Entry price - SL|). What confuses me if I swing trade a small portion of my already smaller capital sometime I feel the total value I am holding overnight ( number of shares * (|entry-SL|)) is large comparative to my capital. So, does swing trading with an allocated fixed number of money, say 5000, and looking to again % on this capital make far better sense?
One has to find his own solution to such problems...when my capital was small ( and even now I follow the same ) I used to finetune swing trade entry on smaller timeframe and if by end of the day the market moves sufficiently in our favour then I used to keep the position or else if the market is in small range from my entry, I will take profit /loss at the market close and not take overnight risk. We can always rethink our position the next day.....for me if the market does not move in my favour by closing then the trend is weak... that works for me, it may not work for others...

Smart_trade