General Trading Chat

I have stopped swing trade as the volatility took a toll by gap openings and started day trade.
1. Now the challenge is gaps are opening in my earlier views which is tempting me to hold positions overnight.
2. When I see that I could have earned but have closed my positions previous day, I am feeling guilty.
How to overcome this?

vijkris

Learner and Follower
10-big-gainers-of-demonetisation-from-digital-wallets-iphones-to-temples-and-e-commerce.

1. Medicine
Indians are exchanging old notes for medicines that will last them a few months, as pharmacy chains have become one of the last few stations to accept the old 500- and 1,000-rupee notes as legal tender. Pharmacies have witnessed spike in sales of chronic medicines. According to a report in The Times of India, chronic therapy, which includes anti-diabetic, cardiovascular and blood pressure drugs, has shown a significant increase in sales in November, as compared to October. Overall chronic therapy may gain 10-15% additional sales in November,” market research firm AIOCD-AWACS said. The trend shows that since November 1, the sales of drugs in this therapy grew from Rs 14.1crore to Rs 16.8 crore.
http://www.business-standard.com/ar...to-temples-and-e-commerce-116112900238_1.html

The article also says that 100,000 iphones were sold in three days immediately following demonetisation. :eek::eek:

travi

I have stopped swing trade as the volatility took a toll by gap openings and started day trade.
1. Now the challenge is gaps are opening in my earlier views which is tempting me to hold positions overnight.
2. When I see that I could have earned but have closed my positions previous day, I am feeling guilty.
How to overcome this?
Swing is used to gain more points that conventional intraday.
1. With current volatility, are you able to scalp/day-trade and gain same points, you'll be able to transact more?
If yes, then day-trade and collect as many points until markets calm down.

2. You can reduce your trade size to ride the gaps, that way better RM/MM.

3. "Gaps opening in earlier views" , ie. your able to predict the direction.
Very nice :D if you have a high probability, say, 70-75% then keep doing what you are doing.

4. If none of the above works, let our Seniors add to this :D :D

5. If everything else fails, meditate :clap:

Indian markets are quite volatile these days. If you are a scalper you would love it. On a single day our market moves 30-50 points in both up and down direction. Our market closes at 3:30 IST. There is no after trading. :)
give me some good one then so I scalp :D
I sent a MSG to my USA broker if they let me trade on the Indian market (no answer yet)

I must find out if there they open a trading account to a foreigner like the one I have in USA (foreign $ account) but to me is good because I only pay $10 commission over here would cost me nearly 30 (€25) a good saving and I am not worried about the exchange because except when I opened I had to buy the $ not I leave some profit every years ...

mind it is very hard to get into something new especially stock that I never heard of before a lot researches to do there..... :thumb::D

travi

give me some good one then so I scalp :D
I sent a MSG to my USA broker if they let me trade on the Indian market (no answer yet)

I must find out if there they open a trading account to a foreigner like the one I have in USA (foreign $ account) but to me is good because I only pay $10 commission over here would cost me nearly 30 (€25) a good saving and I am not worried about the exchange because except when I opened I had to buy the $ not I leave some profit every years ...

mind it is very hard to get into something new especially stock that I never heard of before a lot researches to do there..... :thumb::D
You can start with Index Futures, Nifty, being the primary one.
It is the collection of all sentiments :D

rkripal

How to overcome this?
Hi

I have a few questions.

1. For how long have you traded swing?
2. Did you try to find drawbacks?
3. How often do you change method?
4. How often do you make changes to a particular method?

I asked because I my self have been doing swing trading for long time. Sometimes you make great amount of points in nifty. Sometimes it's slow. But past few months were not that bad especially past two months were very good. Gaps will be in you favor majority of times if you follow trends properly.

We also become greedy on profitable trades and book prematurely ( I still do after so long) and we tend to hold on losing position resulting in bigger losses.

We try to find reason for mistake and try to rectify it after very negative trade. However, looking for mistakes and making changes after every trade is a bad idea as winning and losing is part of trading. Even best setups will fail at times.

Giving up system is not way out. Find mistakes and rectify them. Till then trade with smaller qty. Follow MM.

Thanks

Proves that dishonest bank officials will not be spared any more.So people trying to "thikane lagaod" the black money and corrupt officials helping them will not be spared.

Smart_trade
Should have made strict vigilance and clear rules from the beginning for bank officials. Ab pachtaye hoth kya jab chiriya chig gayi khet. Suspending is easy but it won't be easy to track and prosecute the black money depositor!