Finvasia

brokenbull

Hi shoonya
FA22472 here.
I wanted to close out FY20222-23 with a full withdrawl today and re start Fy2023-24 with a fresh pay in few days later. Saturday payout request not allowed? ( system says payout request only during 8.30am-5pm. but iam placing payout request on 1st april at 9.25am. not allowing due to week end or bank holiday today ? raised a ticket. posting here as other kind sould might answer .

Finvasia

@Finvasia - How to add market profile on your desktop charts ?

And one more issue I faced is volume indicator when added does not print volume bar continously . I have to reset chart to 1 min or close the chart and then see volume bar.
Hi @Raju! Please inbox your client code, we'll have someone from the team get in touch regarding your concern. Regards

@Finvasia pl advice how to keep a particular chart layout permanent in Mobile app shoonya...bez, every time when it opens it starts with. Plain chart with volume in 1 min...then i have to load with the saved chart layout....why the default layout is not getting saved as per individual needs ...pl explain... thank you..

Sent from my 21091116I using Tapatalk

Verde

Do write if you are able to open KOTAK account with intraday FREE trading. I just dont trust them. My kotak branch guy was pushing me to open kotak DMAT account. I asked him give me the no of the guy who can explain how intraday trading debit or hold works . I said i can keep a SB big account balance (get 3.5% sb interest atleast ) . he never came back. all kotak personnel are snake oil sales men.
It appears that Keat is more of a dealer terminal with minimum charting so I left it at that. All big banks are looters, it is to be expected.

If you are ok with web charts then Finvasia is as good as any other broker, never had any problem with them except the software charting. In fact I have recommended their name to many of my friends.

Edelweiss has good software charts so I'm trying the demo next week.

brokenbull

It appears that Keat is more of a dealer terminal with minimum charting so I left it at that. All big banks are looters, it is to be expected.

If you are ok with web charts then Finvasia is as good as any other broker, never had any problem with them except the software charting. In fact I have recommended their name to many of my friends.

Edelweiss has good software charts so I'm trying the demo next week.

Verde ,Thanks for your reply.
Currently only active broker account is Finvasia. I dont use even Finvasia for charts during trading (only for planning premarket -it is ok ) .I use Trading view with all bells and whistles in another phone for charts for intraday trading decisions.
If kotak order taking/executing software is ok it is enough.
Finvasia is damn good for zero intraday and zero delivery equity trdaes. Only thing I dont get is "interest on unused balance" (that float is the only profit for Finvasia (which zerodha also gets apart from charging for intraday trades)
If I keep say 1-2 million in sb account and get sb interest (even 3.5%) it will make a world of differene if it is really INTRA DAY FREE trading.
In my humble opinion Kotak is a all glib talk and a chettiar pawn shop set up. I have a sb account with Kotak & FD's etc. Branch staff was pushing me to open a "FREE DMAT" a/c.. I said I need to to talk to some one how intraday FREE trading margin works? debit from sb or hold and then reverse when trade is squared off before 3.20pm. No one from kotak wants to talk about it. They say open dmat first.....Meh... wrong answer. I dont trust KOTAK. even the kotak bots answering here dont want to give any detailed answers.
Till anything else equals or better than Finvasia- I stay with Finvasia. Period. End of story.

brokenbull

@timepass @Finvasia @Verde @Raju - Question about haircut on Govt securities. is there any mistake on your haircut on govt securities in the file attached? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRbIf17tNIr7W-YP4njkgF14-yP_T8MWYN3GxzRJLVM/edit#gid=0
Why some gsec have 7% and some have 15% ...I think most brokers have consistent haircut for all gsec
You trade Govt securities (treasury bills ?) via RBI direct or thro your broker ? i know there is a wide bid /ask in the secondary market. You could buy at a discount. But selling at full value is not easy. we have to wait till maturity only.
has anyone here opened account at RBI direct?
Note: RBI interest rates might peak soon but stay at these elevated levels for atleast 1 year till a recession arrives.(Fale inflation statistics not with standing)
As a senior citizen I am getting 8/8.2/8.5% FD interest in many banks right now for 12/15 months. (good bank or bad bank all at Nirmala sitharaman/RBI gurantee only 6lakhs FD max per bank

Finvasia

@Finvasia , The holdings not being updated in Shoonya is a real inconvenience.

View attachment 49067

It does get updated in Prism under Holdings (not Portfolio) but does not show the holding price, only the LTP

Also, on the Saturdays of mock trading, the price is not reset to the closing price of the previous session.
Hi @timepass! Please note, the haircut mentioned in the list are as per our internal RMS policy. For any other query, please reach out to our support. Regards

Hi @timepass! Please note, the haircut mentioned in the list are as per our internal RMS policy. For any other query, please reach out to our support. Regards
er....@Finvasia, my post was not about the haircut. It was about the prices and holdings not being updated in time.