Finvasia

Raju

Hi @Raju! Please note, the charges shown under Brokerage Field are "Government Taxes" in the Shoonya desktop version. You can calculate the same using our calculator - https://shoonya.com/calculators . For any further assistance, please feel free to reach out to our support. Regards
Ok , thankyou for the information.

Verde

I use the desktop Shoonya only for trading. For charting I depend on other softwares.
WHY should you?
Shoonya is supposed to be a charting and order placement platform. If the charting doesn't work then throw it out. :drowning::down:
I have stopped using it and am on Zerodha.

Some comparisons - Zerodha Pi installer was 12MB, installed was 50MB and used about 300MB of RAM with multiple charts open.
The Shoonya installer is 36MB, installed is 178MB and uses about 700MB of RAM without even 1 chart open. Let it use 2GB of RAM but provide a working chart.

Hi @art345! Please be assured, we are constantly working on the charts for a better user experience. Your patience is highly appreciated!
This isn't something new, as this problem has been going on from YEARS and YEARS. :mad: Even the govt works faster than this.
3 years ago your own version of Shoonya was far superior to this crap which is supposedly better. The older version was a RAM hog but this one is only slightly better.

The most basic indicators aren't available, and what is there can only be called as the bare minimum. If you can't provide decent charting then tell users that the software is garbage and only to be used to place orders.

Other discount brokers are getting the advantage. After seeing the name of the company that wrote the software, they now know who NOT to employ. :DD

The software has been named perfectly, it really IS zero. :up:

Time to settle this once and for all.
Does anyone here have the email or phone number of the MD/CEO ?

Last edited:

Verde

Why not ? I am ok with it. Not uncomfortable using a different software for charting. To each his own.
I cannot agree.

There is also a tiny problem of ethics. I am not comfortable taking the chart from broker x and then giving the order to broker y.
It can be done once or twice but not on a daily basis. It's just plain wrong.

Zerodha doesn't support Pi anymore so clients are forced to use web-based Kite which is nowhere as good as Pi.
I don't see Finvasia solving their problem as the fault is in their upper management so complaining here is of no use.

Anyway I'm opening an account with Kotak or SAS on Monday which will settle the problem of software charts, despite having Amibroker charting. Kotak has Keat Pro which is supposedly better than Odin and free intraday trading.

I cannot agree.

There is also a tiny problem of ethics. I am not comfortable taking the chart from broker x and then giving the order to broker y.

Zerodha doesn't support Pi anymore so clients are forced to use web-based Kite which is nowhere as good as Pi.
I don't see Finvasia solving their problem as the fault is in their upper management so complaining here is of no use.

Anyway I'm opening an account with Kotak or SAS on Monday which will settle the problem of software charts, despite having Amibroker charting. Kotak has Keat Pro which is supposedly better than Odin and free intraday trading.
To each his own. Good luck.

brokenbull

i usually log in shoonya desktop. at 8am today it is broken. (but was able to log in to shoonya android app, authorise all CNC sell in edis and have placed amo cnc sell ,GTT sell /buy and MIS amo buy;s )usually I dont use shoonya desk top or app for charts. I have account in Trading view with all bells & whistles in other phone. some time i do use 15 min shoonya desk top chart with vwap & VPVR (24 rows to find out at which price heavy trading occured (only for planning & not for heat of the moment trading )

brokenbull

I cannot agree.

Do write if you are able to open KOTAK account with intraday FREE trading. I just dont trust them. My kotak branch guy was pushing me to open kotak DMAT account. I asked him give me the no of the guy who can explain how intraday trading debit or hold works . I said i can keep a SB big account balance (get 3.5% sb interest atleast ) . he never came back. all kotak personnel are snake oil sales men.

@Finvasia , The holdings not being updated in Shoonya is a real inconvenience.

1680151210447.png

It does get updated in Prism under Holdings (not Portfolio) but does not show the holding price, only the LTP

Also, on the Saturdays of mock trading, the price is not reset to the closing price of the previous session.