Direct mutual funds platform

Recently several platforms have come up for investing in direct funds which charge monthly flat fees in place of the regular commission and take care of all the paperwork.
Zerodha coin, Kuvera, Unovest.co, invezta, clearfunds etc.

Can you share your experience with them good/bad with them. I am looking for a platform which has decent fund recommendation service and a good portfolio manager.

thanks

slevin

Kuvera is a completely free platform and they claim to make money by offering advisory and PMS services which is honestly ridiculous because we Indians don't like paying for advisory. Their Founder Gaurav was asked on a Facebook group about their revenue model multiple times and he refused to answer. I don't think they have a business model. They recently raised $250,000 and seems like they are burning it.

Clearufunds uses to charge Rs 199 up until very recently and they went completely a couple of weeks ago. So their new revenue model is something called as Smart Portfolios otherwise knows as ADVISORY! Basically, they create a custom portfolio of funds based on your risk appetite and will be charged at Rs 999 per portfolio, per year. Again, the same issue arises, this model in my honest opinion isn't scalable because Indians don't like paying. These people haven't raised any money, not sure how long they will survive or how or to what will they pivot now that they went through their first one.

Invezta was one of the earliest direct MF platforms in India and they are a decent platform. Their basic platform is charged at Rs 79 a month and the premium one (transaction+advisory) at Rs 109 a month which seems a bit dear to me.

Don't know much about Unovest, but if their pricing is any indication to go by then I don't like what they have to offer https://www.unovest.co/services-fees/.

I am DIY investor and all I need is an execution platform. I have some holdings in Zerodha and Fyers and hence I use Zerodha Coin to invest in direct MFs which is actually a decent platform. No bells and whistles and definitely no robos.

Hope this helps.

bpr

Kuvera is a completely free platform and they claim to make money by offering advisory and PMS services which is honestly ridiculous because we Indians don't like paying for advisory. Their Founder Gaurav was asked on a Facebook group about their revenue model multiple times and he refused to answer. I don't think they have a business model. They recently raised $250,000 and seems like they are burning it.

Clearufunds uses to charge Rs 199 up until very recently and they went completely a couple of weeks ago. So their new revenue model is something called as Smart Portfolios otherwise knows as ADVISORY! Basically, they create a custom portfolio of funds based on your risk appetite and will be charged at Rs 999 per portfolio, per year. Again, the same issue arises, this model in my honest opinion isn't scalable because Indians don't like paying. These people haven't raised any money, not sure how long they will survive or how or to what will they pivot now that they went through their first one.

Invezta was one of the earliest direct MF platforms in India and they are a decent platform. Their basic platform is charged at Rs 79 a month and the premium one (transaction+advisory) at Rs 109 a month which seems a bit dear to me.

Don't know much about Unovest, but if their pricing is any indication to go by then I don't like what they have to offer https://www.unovest.co/services-fees/.

I am DIY investor and all I need is an execution platform. I have some holdings in Zerodha and Fyers and hence I use Zerodha Coin to invest in direct MFs which is actually a decent platform. No bells and whistles and definitely no robos.

Hope this helps.
For a trader coin will make sense if we can pledge it for margin...unfortunately it is not allowed ..
till then I think other service is way to go ?? no point paying extra for coin.

travi

For a trader coin will make sense if we can pledge it for margin...unfortunately it is not allowed ..
till then I think other service is way to go ?? no point paying extra for coin.
True, that's why I use Mfuonline bcos its not some 3rd party thing that can have some or the other unforeseen risks.
MFU is a consortium of all fund houses, no extra charge and you can avail direct MFs.

Indirect MF purchase option is also there if they are taking PM services where they can link the Agent to it if reqd. and yet have the holding under one umbrella.
no multiple logins and multiple credentials/tracking etc which is being conceptualized by 3rd party companies.

It even has complete paperless online registration.

slevin

Again the same problem, these platforms haven't shown what their business model is. I understand going free and acquiring clients and then earning later but Indians have a big problem when it comes to paying for platforms. With Paytm money set to enter soon, problems and competition are set to compound for these platforms.

But if they do figure out a model then it will be a really good thing for investors.