Direct Investment in Mutual Funds

What are the different equity/growth schemes offered by Tata,Reliance and Motilal Oswal?Can someone tell?
i found out something!
the different funds offered are

icici Prudential liquid plan
Reliance Income Fund (An Open-ended Income Scheme)
Reliance Liquid Fund (An Open-ended Liquid Scheme)
Reliance Medium Term Fund (An Open-ended Income Scheme with no assured returns)
Kotak Liquid-Institutional Plan (Growth)
Kotak Liquid-Institutional Plan (Weekly Dividend)
Kotak Liquid-Institutional Plan - (Daily Dividend)

If someone can post some in depth review of these,it would be great!

nikrod

There is this very informative book I read recently.It is only for Rs 125 and explains everything about a mutual fund factsheet in very simple language.May be that could be of help to you.

The name is The Little Guide to Equity Mutual Funds.It is by an Indian author and available on flipkart.com .

nikrod

There is this very informative book I read recently.It is only for Rs 125 and explains everything about a mutual fund factsheet in very simple language.May be that could be of help to you.

The name is The Little Guide to Equity Mutual Funds.It is by an Indian author and available on flipkart.com .
Another excellent book I would suggest is Winning Portfolio: How To Choose The Best Mutual Funds - by Paul B Farrel

Last week,Sebi recommending that the minimum net worth for mutual fund companies be increased from the current Rs 10 crore to Rs 50 crore.what is the logic behind such a decision?and what they trying to achieve here?

Right guys. Some guidance would be helpful.

I have invested about 3k per month via SIP in 3 different funds since December 2006 via broker as I am based overseas and had no clue how to do this. Now as I am more 'sayana' lol, I think using broker was bonkers as it seems there will be an entry load for every SIP which will be credited to the broker---is this correct?

Now I know I can ask the AMC to treat future SIP's as direct and as a rule of thumb I have decided to not use brokers at all. How do I ask the AMC to do that without loosing the same folio number?

Will the AMC permit this?

Or should I cancel my SIP and restart it in the same Folio?

Another question, is there any software ( paid/free) I can use to track the investments?

Many thanks.
I have applied to "HDFC Top 200" by submitting the forms, Pan Card copy, Check at HDFC Bank but forgot to mention "DIRECT" in the Broker code box provided in the form.

When i got the Folio number, Account statement the Broker code is mentioned as HDFC Bank.

But when i checked the number of units alloted to me w.r.t NAV, it seems no entry load deducted.

Does this mean that no further exit load will be deducted for the SIP ?

OR is it good to change the Broker code to DIRECT by submitting a request at the HDFC fund house ?

nikrod

I have applied to "HDFC Top 200" by submitting the forms, Pan Card copy, Check at HDFC Bank but forgot to mention "DIRECT" in the Broker code box provided in the form.

When i got the Folio number, Account statement the Broker code is mentioned as HDFC Bank.

But when i checked the number of units alloted to me w.r.t NAV, it seems no entry load deducted.

Does this mean that no further exit load will be deducted for the SIP ?

OR is it good to change the Broker code to DIRECT by submitting a request at the HDFC fund house ?
Entry loads for all Indian mutual funds were banished by SEBI effective from 1 Aug 2009.

Exit Loads will still be applicable for funds. In fact some of the funds have increased exit loads.