Direct Investment in Mutual Funds

Dear Amit,

How is this i read it on ur blog (while you can invest upto Rs 50 thousand through www.fundsindia.com even without being KYC.) its against sebi and amfi circulars u know that pls don't paste or suggest anyone to invest with them its not a good practice u need to check it how are they investing without the kyc.

Pls people be carefull before investing with them everyone pls add me in ur yahoo id i will help u to invest ur funds in correct manner and the software for mf investing is provided by one of india's leading company pls don't trade with fundsindia/fundssupermart etc without finding out how are they investing and where do u get ur statement by cams or karvy after having used their website do let me know

silentwavesofocean at yahoo dot com

hope to hear

regards

Hello,

Srikanth from FundsIndia here.

Clarification on the KYC question: Recently (Dec 11, 2009) SEBI issued a circular about how online partners work with AMCs. Since the circular was issued, AMCs, Cams/Karvy, and some online channels (the huge ones) have been working to figure out what the circular means.

Actual circular here:

http://www.sebi.gov.in/circulars/2009/imdcir122009.pdf

One fallout of their collective interpretation is that KYC will be made mandatory for all online channel partner customers regardless of investment size. This has been made effective on a prospective basis - that is going forward.

At FundsIndia, starting end of January, we have made it a requirement for all our customers to get KYC certified at the time of enrollment. We are also talking to old customers to get them KYC verified, although it is not a requirement as of now (we are doing to just be safe).

However, it is not as if this is the final word. We (and other online channels) are not happy about a differential treatment about KYC for our customers. We are getting communications from the AMCs and R&Ts every few days on this issue. We are hoping for a resolution on this in a couple of weeks.

Regarding the issue of verifying investments - all mutual fund investments made via FundsIndia can be verified at any time by going to Cams or Karvy - we provide the folio number to you and you can get yourself an AMC statement anytime.

Thanks,

Srikanth

The mutual fund industry`s average assets under management (AAUM) of the 37 fund houses in the country rose by 2.78% to stand at Rs 7,683.60 billion in the month of April 2010 as against Rs 7,475.25 billion in the previous month, as per the data released by the Association of Mutual Funds in India (AMFI).

The country`s largest fund house, Reliance Mutual Fund, witnessed an increase of Rs 14.06 billion in its average assets in April to Rs 1118.19 billion during the month.

I want to invest in a equities mutual fund which are playing in the market with investments in futures , options , derivatives category. I do not know how to identify such funds . I mean the funds which are more of trading oriented in the market, instead of investment oriented , and making money with various trading strategies. Can some one throw some light on this and suggest funds of this particular theme.

Hey guya anyone heard about this?Reliance Mutual Fund has launched a new fund named as Reliance Fixed Horizon Fund - XIV - Series 10, a close ended income scheme. The New Fund Offer (NFO) price for the scheme is Rs 10 per unit. The new issue is open for subscription from 6 May and closes on 7 May 2010.

The primary investment objective of the scheme is to seek to generate regular returns and growth of capital by investing in a diversified portfolio of Central, State Government securities and other fixed income/ debt securities normally maturing in line with the time profile of the scheme with the objective of limiting interest rate volatility.

The duration of the scheme is 24 months.is it worth it?or anything u guys had to advice or add?

nikrod

Hey guya anyone heard about this?Reliance Mutual Fund has launched a new fund named as Reliance Fixed Horizon Fund - XIV - Series 10, a close ended income scheme. The New Fund Offer (NFO) price for the scheme is Rs 10 per unit. The new issue is open for subscription from 6 May and closes on 7 May 2010.

The primary investment objective of the scheme is to seek to generate regular returns and growth of capital by investing in a diversified portfolio of Central, State Government securities and other fixed income/ debt securities normally maturing in line with the time profile of the scheme with the objective of limiting interest rate volatility.

The duration of the scheme is 24 months.is it worth it?or anything u guys had to advice or add?
Fixed Maturity Plans (FMP's) offer huge tax benefits over traditional fixed deposits. The capital gains from FMP are taxed with indexation benefits which makes such plans tax efficient.

my 2 cents.

Fixed Maturity Plans (FMP's) offer huge tax benefits over traditional fixed deposits. The capital gains from FMP are taxed with indexation benefits which makes such plans tax efficient.

my 2 cents.
really?great!i can save so much tax on it.thanks for the good info!

nikrod

Any more information on close ended and open ended MF schemes?i have heard open ended schemes are much more profitable than the closed ones it that true?
As per that, I have no idea. But there does not seem any logical reason for open ended funds performing better than closed ended peers.

Anyone has more info about the matter? Please post it here.

As per that, I have no idea. But there does not seem any logical reason for open ended funds performing better than closed ended peers.

Anyone has more info about the matter? Please post it here.
that was the same thing i was thinking too.i mean whats so special about open ended mutual fund schemes that would make them perform better?