Direct Investment in Mutual Funds

Right guys. Some guidance would be helpful.

I have invested about 3k per month via SIP in 3 different funds since December 2006 via broker as I am based overseas and had no clue how to do this. Now as I am more 'sayana' lol, I think using broker was bonkers as it seems there will be an entry load for every SIP which will be credited to the broker---is this correct?

Now I know I can ask the AMC to treat future SIP's as direct and as a rule of thumb I have decided to not use brokers at all. How do I ask the AMC to do that without loosing the same folio number?

Will the AMC permit this?

Or should I cancel my SIP and restart it in the same Folio?

Another question, is there any software ( paid/free) I can use to track the investments?

Many thanks.
Hello!
U have 2 cancel previous SIP & start afresh as DIRECT to cancel entry load.
www.valueresearchonline.com & www.moneycontrol.com offer such tracking as u demand for free.
mr india

When now there is no entry load and only exit load is present , is there any other benift that you can get from MF house if you do direct investment while directly visiting the Fund house / website?

What do u suggest is a better investment in terms of long term returns:
a) Investing in NFOs of good fund houses when NAV is still Rs 10.
OR
B) Investing in best performing funds while their NAV has already reached 100 or more.

What do u suggest is a better investment in terms of long term returns:
a) Investing in NFOs of good fund houses when NAV is still Rs 10.
OR
B) Investing in best performing funds while their NAV has already reached 100 or more.
Whatever the NAV, the fund has to invest the amount collected from you, in the market which means the main consideration is whether the fund has the capability/expertise to generate returns on it's investment over a period of time.

Personally I prefer existing schemes from the experience of having invested in poorly performing NFOs.

c

Its always advisable to invest directly with AMC's and now every AMC offers online facility to view and track your portfolio and make fresh investments.

Each AMC just requires one time registeration process and then you are at your own. You can transact, redeem online, create SIP's and no additional forms required.

Some AMC's offer to link different accounts with your portfolio which means you can get the money into your account of your choice.

Best Time Saving and Eco Friendly way of investing.

Dear Akshara,

Fundsindia is owned by Wealth India Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.,
No. 17, RMG Complex, 1st Floor,
Thiru Vi Ka Industrial Estate, Guindy,
Chennai - 600032.
Phone - 044 - 4344 3100.
How can we trust such companies how long will they provide us with their services
transactions done through their website is secured do check it.

Hope to hear from u soon

regards