Day Trading Stocks & Futures

sridhga

That is because you either trade against the trend for a quick scalp or take profits too quickly and not let it grow on a trend day. If we identify a trend day, then we have to hold our positions till the end of the day because trend days close very near its high or low depending on whether it is an up day or a down day.So we have to avoid temptations of taking profits quickly which works fine on nontrending days....fancy dancing is counterproductive on trend days and holding till the end of the day is what gives us full profit potential of that day.

Smart_trade

I think he sells options and waits for the premium erosion. Maybe he is selling strangles or straddles. And manages to exit if it trends a lot.

I think he sells options and waits for the premium erosion. Maybe he is selling strangles or straddles. And manages to exit if it trends a lot.
In that case on a strong uptrending day one should sell puts and wait for the premiums to crash when the market accelerates in upward direction towards the end.....if one is selling calls that means he is betting on market not trending upwards strongly.

ST

travi

I was going to ask, that when he said trend day, and trend was up, then why short 10K CE unless his method was calling a top/DH etc.
initially i thought it was a pure directional trade rather than gain from premium decay.

travi

That's better atleast somehow you manage to end up in small loss in strong trends, I end up in big loss many times. Added to that today I choose this week wrong strike pe today and this made the loss more worse.
no worries bhai, generally i don't understand your's and KK bhai's trades.
I think its some kind of contra but can't comment more than that.

mohan.sic

In that case on a strong uptrending day one should sell puts and wait for the premiums to crash when the market accelerates in upward direction towards the end.....if one is selling calls that means he is betting on market not trending upwards strongly.

ST

yes yes he was in the opinion of market downside to 9800. So he sold calls he said that in other msg

We all make mistakes....so tomorrow is another day.

Just wrote to post an important observation that in strong trends market closes near the top/bottom of the trend day which will help us in future to trade better on a strong trend day and hold our positions till the end..... not to comment on anyone's trades....

ST

Subhadip