Day Trading Stocks & Futures

TraderRavi

low risk profile
https://www.cnbctv18.com/economy/sb...-220-defaulters-rti-query-reveals-4499621.htm

These are the banks posting good results?
For people like you and me, even if our balance goes below minimum amount, we are charged fined. If they have the balls, go get the money from these people. Or were these also designed as gifts from day one, with no intention of getting the money back.
What's the difference between these do called big companies and roadside chit funds?
I knowca person who can get you a loan on non existent properties, for a commission, shared between him and the bank executives.
Shame on the regulators.

SBI writes off Rs 76,600 crore of 220 defaulters, RTI query reveals

Utkarsh Anand

3-4 minutes

India’s largest bank, State Bank of India (SBI) has written off bad loans worth Rs 76,600 crore of 220 defaulters, who owed more than Rs 100 crore each.
As on March 31, 2019, the SBI has declared as unrecoverable outstanding worth Rs 37,700 crore that 33 borrowers, with loans of Rs 500 crore and more, owed to it.
In a first, the latest information, furnished by the RBI to CNN-News18 under the Right To Information Act, has disclosed the bank-wise break up where loans more than Rs 100 crore and Rs 500 crore were written off by the banks as on March 31, 2019.
A total of Rs 2.75 lakh crore has been written off for entities that borrowed Rs 100 crore or more from scheduled commercial banks. The latest statistics divulge that Rs 67,600 crore were declared as bad debts for those given loans of Rs 500 crore and more.

As on March 31, 2019, the SBI has declared as unrecoverable outstanding worth Rs 37,700 crore that 33 borrowers, with loans of Rs 500 crore and more, owed to it.
As many as 980 borrowers have been enlisted by the RBI whose debts of more than Rs 100 crore each had to be written off by the banks. Out of these, 220 accounts – more than one-fifth of the total number – belonged to SBI. An average of Rs 348 crore was waived off in respect of each such account.
Out of 71 total accounts reported as having defaulted in loans of over and above Rs 500 crore each, SBI’s share turned out to be 33 to 46 per cent of the total.

Similarly, as on March 31, Punjab National Bank (PNB) had waived off debts of at least Rs 100 crore each in respect of 94 borrowers. The gross amount came out to be Rs 27,024 crore, with an average of Rs 287 crore per account.
PNB also wrote off loans of Rs 500 crore or more for 12 biggest defaulters, totaling Rs 9,037 crore.
While SBI and PNB topped the list among the public sector banks, IDBI stood at the top among the private banks. IDBI also came third among all the scheduled commercial banks in declaring bad debts of Rs 100 crore or more.

IDBI had 71 borrowers of Rs 100 crore and more, with a total outstanding of Rs 26,219 crore written off.
Canara Bank too had 63 accounts with outstanding of Rs 100 crore and more, and another 7 accounts with borrowings of Rs 500 crore and more, in respect of which loans worth Rs 27,382 crore.
The list of borrowers with Rs 100 crore and more as outstanding having been declared as bad loans is followed by Bank of India with 56 accounts, Corporation Bank with 50 accounts, Bank of Baroda with 46 accounts and Central Bank of India with 45 accounts.

Among the private banks, Axis Bank had 43 such borrowers, followed by ICICI Bank having 37 such accounts.
Similarly, Central Bank of India and Indian Overseas Bank had 4 defaulters each, owing more than Rs 500 crore when their loans were written off.

The data has been accessed by the CNN-News18 through a series of RTI applications, following the Supreme Court judgments that directed the RBI to disclose relevant information on the NPAs and bad debts under the RTI Act.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
https://www.cnbctv18.com/economy/sb...-220-defaulters-rti-query-reveals-4499621.htm

These are the banks posting good results?
For people like you and me, even if our balance goes below minimum amount, we are charged fined. If they have the balls, go get the money from these people. Or were these also designed as gifts from day one, with no intention of getting the money back.
What's the difference between these do called big companies and roadside chit funds?
I knowca person who can get you a loan on non existent properties, for a commission, shared between him and the bank executives.
Shame on the regulators.
nahi bhai, this time it's really different.. :)

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
I have never liked Infosys as a company and some of the practices it advocates and I have issues with some of the promoters also. Most notably, Narayana Murthy.

Let me explain. Read the following news article. He asks people to take huge pay cuts.

Narayana Murthy asks senior executives to take pay cuts to stop IT layoffs

https://www.livemint.com/Industry/b...-senior-IT-executives-to-take-pay-cuts-t.html

And then we his family himself earned on average atleast 100 to 120 crore rs in tax free dividend income per year every year in the entire last decade. Maybe if he donated a part of his dividend and set that as an example, I would not have reacted in the same way as I am doing now. So I find that hypocritical. I know this is not a very popular opinion but it is my personal opinion and am not going to contest that too.

Okay, anyways coming to the dividend income- the proofs are the annual reports which are in public domain -- they give the shareholding amounts of each of the shareholders.

the following is an excerpt from Business Standard newspaper when the dividend tax was introduced

https://www.business-standard.com/a...ji-mukesh-ambani-the-most-116030200057_1.html

Among individual Infosys co-founders, the biggest hit would be felt by the N R Narayana Murthy family and the S Gopalakrishnan family. Both earned divided income of around Rs 175 crore each from Infosys last financial year. They were followed by the Nilekani family (Rs 117 crore), the Shibulal family (Rs 101 crore) and the K Dinesh family (Rs 55 crore), respectively.
You can't compare salary income vs dividend incomes. What Murthy said was right about senior executives to take pay cuts to stop layoff of lower level employees. If Infosys is having bad results they should cut dividends but when they are sitting on billions of $$ of cash, they have to either pay dividend or buyback shares.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member

vikas2131

Looming Crisis: FinMin informs Finance Commission that this year's gross tax revenue could fall short by Rs. 2 trillion, reports BS.

This is why i am not expecting any direct tax cut any time soon.

In my view, the Revenue Secretary should be fired. He got the budget estimates horribly wrong, embarrassing the Finance Minister and government in Parliament. And is now saying in interviews the revenue targets will be met, even as the Finance Commission is informed of shortfalls.

Look at the 2016 graph ! Tells u a story !

Last edited:
yes bank also considered blue chip company and A list:D
My point too sir! DHFL too at the point was in that exclusive club. I had been quite vehement in my posts all through about that. I am not speculating that Infy will follow the DHFL route however! :)

My point too sir! DHFL too at the point was in that exclusive club. I had been quite vehement in my posts all through about that. I am not speculating that Infy will follow the DHFL route however! :)
25 years ago, I was in the Head office of a very reputed listed financial services company. I asked my friend there, what kind of results are expected this time. He said, we are thinking of declaring a profit of 30 crores for this year. I asked him, what do you mean we are thinking? He said, these are all manufactured figures. The actual results are nowhere near the originals. It was on that day, around 25 years ago, at Nariman Point, I lost all faith in Company Results.
The current price of that company is quoted at 75 paise today
By the way, now promoters hold zero percent equity
And 99.34 percent is owned by Non institutional holders, meaning people like me and you