Day Trading Stocks & Futures

25 years ago, I was in the Head office of a very reputed listed financial services company. I asked my friend there, what kind of results are expected this time. He said, we are thinking of declaring a profit of 30 crores for this year. I asked him, what do you mean we are thinking? He said, these are all manufactured figures. The actual results are nowhere near the originals. It was on that day, around 25 years ago, at Nariman Point, I lost all faith in Company Results.
The current price of that company is quoted at 75 paise today
By the way, now promoters hold zero percent equity
And 99.34 percent is owned by Non institutional holders, meaning people like me and you
interesting insights indeed. True. Loss of faith indeed!

Seems like many corporate companies are doing this and Infy doing it was definitely something. Calling themselves "powered by ethics" and stuff and they do this. Hurts badly really!

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Great Quarterly results of HDFC bank, Reliance, more to come from Bajaj finance tomorrow, plus likely spike after assembly results.
Technically Nifty has closed above 11640 TDST resistance which is also a plus.
That's my reasoning, everyone is free to have and believe his own views...

Meanwhile, Infy ADR is down 17% premarket on the NYSE. Wonder how much lower it opens tomorrow on our bourses!

1571663144485.png

Wonder how many guys are holding any position in Infosys or having any Infosys shares in their portfolio....I at least don’t hold a single share of Infosys...

My investment stocks like HDFC Bank,Bajaj Finance, Asian Paints,Berger Paints,DMart should do well tomorrow...

HDFC Bank the good results are already in price. Just 1 month ago HDFC Bank was quoting at below Rs 1100 ex split....from there to Rs 1230 it has already gone up by 10-11 % in a month so I expect it to go to 1250-70 range .....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
EXTREME rumours being spread about collapse of banking sector. People are being urged to make a run on the banks. This might ACTUALLY trigger a collapse, as banks keep only so much money at a time. Even if one branch of any bank says cash exhausted for the day, it will spread like wildfire.

I have personally faced this with Grindlays Bank in 1992 at the time of Harshad Mehta. The branch ran out of money, said could not honour our withdrawal, asked us to wait till the evening as they have to get the actual cash from their Strongroom. Fortunately the manager was an intelligent man, and asked us to take a DD for the amount, saying that DD is as good as cash. We did that. At that time Grindlays Bank was named as one of the problematic banks involved in Badla Financing at that time. ST must know more about Badla Financing, as most of the traders here must not be knowing the term.
those who are not aware of Harshad Mehta, could watch Gafla Movie

Last edited: