Day Trading Stocks & Futures

My nephew ,an engineer , working in US has 7-8 US patents in his name in his young age...but he says" I will fail if I comeback and start a unit in India due to red tape, corruption,indifference of the Govt machinery etc...so he is not thinking of coming back ...one talented engineer lost for the country.

ST

iwillwin

Do you know the biggest reason for a start-up failure?

Under-estimating the capital required before the business gets to break-even
at the same time over estimating the cash flow the business will generate

If you take care of the above you should be ok

Best wishes
Can't we draw some similarities with day trader dream and expectations vs reality

AJK

as you said we can do it in a different thread...what asked is more specific..any ideas/products you have worked on...
Once we are accoustomed to trading /investing in the stock market, it is very difficult to start any other business....other businesses also have hard work,competition,capital needed and risk....

A youngster in my building took experience in a small hotel and started a non veg hotel 2 months ago.....now he is in big loss, due to rent of the premises,salaries,utensils,dishes purchase,interest on loans and no customers....

Anything related to convenience of people has better chances of success...

Smart_trade
Hotel business i think if started without proper planning of location and services, can become tough. It'd also take time to reach break-even if starting capital (aspirations in mind) is big. Sufficiently researched products, or even angel investing in promissing other startups are good ideas. To mohan, once i thought of starting instant foods including everyday foods, but uber and zomato could be hurdles. Also there are too many products also. It's in the plans though.

Keeping aside all the religious angles / talks . . .

Does it seem some deliberate attempt at using this crisis for attacking the Indian population / government. Maybe patients were deliberately introduced into this large gathering which were going to disperse across the country. Obviously the participants themselves being unaware of being used as guinea pigs :mad:

or its just mere ignorance :eek:

but why you have an iota of doubt on your analysis
please explain.

mohan.sic

And the best joke is single window system for starting business..
submit all your forms in one window and then keep running from dept to dept...

The main issue is that govt officers are not accoutable...they can reject the file on any issue.the state govts are not process driven...
we have improved to some extent in dealing with approvals....now it is bit ok...but real issues are different..

if I wan to do business I will submit forms in 4 windows if not 1 window..what happens..it will take few more days time or max I wil assign the work to a agent and its cost little more or a small bribe.. and work is done...

problem for new start up's in manufacturing is different... feasible business models are very less... and we do not have good subject matter experts employed with govt industry boards to promote small industry by spreading the word to interested investors.....

for example I wan to start a small industry say with 1 cr own+ 1cr funding... now I go to a state board of small industries or a any industry promoting board or finance institution and ask them for proposals....they will tell us same old ideas like coir, brick, soap oil etc...same traditional business ideas which wont work.....