Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Our market is again decoupled from other world markets.
yesterday all markets were 3 - 5% down, our crap fell 12-13% , wonder why so much.
We are falling quick because of the impact of covid 19...our population density is so high , more of fools here with social irresponsible which leads spreading faster than any country..other hand medical infra not so high as compared other countries...

sridhga

All levels are right level to invest..provided one doesn't average.. always add stocks which are in profit...pyramiding..
But very difficult to do so...

I look at it this way. Pyramiding and averaging are the same thing but the two words are ascribed to different situations. What is more important to understand is to get into fundamental analysis and keep adding to those shares that are fundamentally strong irrespective of the whether it amounts to pyramiding or averaging.

I suggest everyone who is looking to be a long term investor to read the following books:
1. The Intelligent Investor - Benjamin Graham
2. Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits- Philip Fischer.
Our analysis should be based on the premises built on the knowledge from the above books.
Then it does not matter when we add more shares in such companies whether they are going up or down.

I look at it this way. Pyramiding and averaging are the same thing but the two words are ascribed to different situations. What is more important to understand is to get into fundamental analysis and keep adding to those shares that are fundamentally strong irrespective of the whether it amounts to pyramiding or averaging.

I suggest everyone who is looking to be a long term investor to read the following books:
1. The Intelligent Investor - Benjamin Graham
2. Common Stocks and Uncommon Profits- Philip Fischer.
Our analysis should be based on the premises built on the knowledge from the above books.
Then it does not matter when we add more shares to such companies whether they are going up or down.
The overall average success of averaging is very less...
It might be different for different people although..

Its district borders have been lock down. It's good decision to protect the district where no Covid-19 found. Maharashtra CM is doing hard work most important listening to the respective experts in their fields This was suggested by Maharashtra Medical Association. Even decision to train homegaurd and Anganwadi workers as paramedics is also good decision
This was one of the surprise from the current crisis, Maharashtra CM turned out to be an able administrator,
also many other CM's are doing a better Job than the center (I know the Bhakt's will not like this)

one example - the Central government has been forced to suspend air travel after strong opposition from CMs of Maharashtra, WB, etc, considering just yesterday the stupidity for the aviation minister to overturn Delhi's decision to close domestic airports (announced by their own LG)

Last edited:

soft_trader

In theory yes, but liquid funds invest in short term debt instruments.

All debt instruments are priced/traded by bond yields of that respective period.
Recently, they've shot up like crazy, which leads to less interest rate gain.
These instruments are traded daily on the debt mkt and therefore are also a bit volatile.

SB rate/FD rate on the other hand are guaranteed returns and therefore are consistent but the nature of both becomes quite different.

You might see crude futures traders here also watching usd/inr rate. So if global crude price dropped but less than what inr depreciated, net result would be local crude futures price would actually go higher. Funny analogy :)

From Tapatalk
thanks for the explanation