Day Trading Stocks & Futures

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member

sridhga

There are technical errors in this article. The news could be true. But in their analysis, the author states that government's stake is higher than 75% in 5 banks including Allahabad Bank and Corporation Bank. The stake sale is supposed to happen by 2nd quarter in the next financial year.

But Allahabad Bank is supposed to merge into Indian Bank and Corporation Bank would be merging into Union Bank of India. So the 75% stake holding would be irrelevant by then. I do not think the government intends to sell stake in these entities that would get submerged. The merger may result in excess holding in the merged entity and that's a different issue. But the author is mixing up two different things in his analysis.

lemondew

old news . Something was cooking long time back.. Its not recent news. Its possible from govt to sell some stake in sbi .... only that i wished to convey.
There are technical errors in this article. The news could be true. But in their analysis, the author states that government's stake is higher than 75% in 5 banks including Allahabad Bank and Corporation Bank. The stake sale is supposed to happen by 2nd quarter in the next financial year.

But Allahabad Bank is supposed to merge into Indian Bank and Corporation Bank would be merging into Union Bank of India. So the 75% stake holding would be irrelevant by then. I do not think the government intends to sell stake in these entities that would get submerged. The merger may result in excess holding in the merged entity and that's a different issue. But the author is mixing up two different things in his analysis.