Day Trading Stocks & Futures

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Esteemed members of this forum, who frequent this thread, @TraderRavi , @timepass , it is not fine to tolerate insulting posts against the moderator of the forum. Please don't behave so nicely that you ignore what raindrops has written above
https://www.traderji.com/community/threads/day-trading-stocks-futures.89068/post-1392771
@raindrops , you are free to have any political orientation, but not to abuse and insult the moderator of this forum (Smart_trade). He is amongst the most respected traders in the forum. It's absurd to read such despicable words addressed to him in your post.

shivroy

Learning License

XRAY27

@Smart_trade , Da !!! Political discussion which you never encourage as it will pave way for mud fight...you cleaned many of such posts..but when you start posting or encouraging that...it will start...after all there is social media platform for this ..why we should discuss this altogether which no way connected to the topic of this thread..i should not tell what you should do ,please stop political discussion this is what i can say...

i always remember..Bernard Shaw quote..

i-learned-long-ago-never-to-wrestle-with-a-pig-you-get-dirty-and-besides-the-403x403-nk5jwn.jpg

Last edited:

Ind

When PM Modi praised NCP members for good behaviour in Loksabha on the floor of the house, it was some indication of something happening, then Sharad Pawar met Modi before meeting Sonia Gandhi ....and Ajit Pawar revolting without Sharad Pawar's approval is highly unlikely....

ST
That's what it may be.....Ajit pawar revolting against sharad pawar is highly unlikely...this is a script of sharad pawar to support BJP...initially indirectly by this revolt way and then by patching up to keep party intact.....By the way, Ajit pawar was supposed to be deputy chief minister in sena ncp congress alliance as well... by so called "common minimum program." He gained nothing special if he has really revolted against his uncle.....I still feel it is under guidance of his uncle, he has left for time being....and in near time, one dust settles down, we will hear the news they are patching up for "betterment of people and Maharashtra."

Media will again be making noise...they will make someone look like a hero and someone look like a zero basis their political inclination.......AAM janta will chew it aggressively for few days justifying their leader's act...how sharad pawar is great chanakya, how amit shah outsmarted everyone....And then so called these great chanakyas will be laughing behind the curtains.......how they made mockery of everyone.....And things will continue.......:):):)

This got buried yesterday - Karvy issue and broker safety. I was hoping to pick some brains here from some of the veterans.. Question again is which brokers to trust?

https://zerodha.com/z-connect/zerodha/why-zerodha/on-the-karvy-issue

This damning SEBI order against Karvy has come as a shock to everyone in the capital market ecosystem. While the press is going to start reporting its interpretations, we should reserve judgement and allow the regulatory investigations to complete, and all facts to emerge.

In the meanwhile, many have written to us on our support and social media channels, asking if they should be worried about their accounts with Zerodha. I am certain it’s going to continue as the press covers this episode. Hence this post explaining why there is no reason for any concerns at Zerodha.
The SEBI order

The SEBI order primarily talks about improper handling of client securities.

• Pledging of client securities and booking funds into non-client accounts.
  • Selling of securities from non-client accounts, and debiting client demat account, and receiving proceeds in non-client accounts.
  • Off-market transfer of securities from client demat accounts to non-client accounts.
Strong new regulations on handling client securities

In the past 12 months, SEBI has brought in a number of new regulations to improve the health of the broking industry. While regulations may sometimes seem harsh, it is indeed a complex balancing act, making rules for bad actors who look at every possible way to break rules for monetary gains compromising clients interest.

A new, strong, regulation that was brought in June 2019 barred brokers from pledging client securities to other NBFCs. Many brokerage firms until then used this route to do their margin funding business. Essentially, when a broker allows clients to buy more stocks than the money in their accounts for many days, the broker, instead of using their own capital to fund the transaction, will pledge the client’s security which is unpaid for, with another NBFC and in turn utilise those funds. This not only means higher brokerage income as the trade size is bigger, but also an interest income – differential of the rate charged by the NBFC and what is charged to the client. Starting June, brokers have to put their own capital, which means they can lend only their own free cash, which isn’t much for most brokerage firms. The regulation also required all brokers to unwind any such already existing positions with NBFC’s by Aug 31st 2019, which meant that the broker had to return funds to the NBFC and then release the pledge on the shares. This has affected several brokers, especially those whose business model revolved around margin funding.

We have never done margin funding and this regulation does not affect us.
No need for concern at Zerodha

The conspiracy theories that we are subjected to is never-ending. We had recently shared this blog post trying to answer them. If you haven’t read it, please do. Coming back to the above particular issue on client securities, we operate in a completely transparent manner, and here is why you needn’t be concerned.

• Zero debt: Firstly, most financial irregularities have debt as the main catalyst – borrowed money that needs to be repaid. We at Zerodha have had zero debt right from the beginning.
  • We have done no margin funding till date and when we start, we will have no legacy issues in following the SEBI June 2019 circular that requires funding to be only through own funds.
  • Forget pledging client securities to NBFCs, we do not even keep client securities in our pool account. All client securities are always in their respective Demats at all times.
  • We have one single brokerage deal for all our customers. We don’t distinguish HNIs from others. We have never advised or sold any product promising returns. The only thing we do as a business is to offer execution platforms for someone who has an intent to buy/sell. No conflict of interest.
  • By having a single deal for all, our operational risks are reduced significantly.
  • We have never had issues in terms of securities not being credited to our clients’ Demat accounts, securities being moved out without authorization, or with client fund payouts.
  • Our own funds are over 25% of all our client funds put together. This has to be among the highest in the industry in terms of skin in the game, all accrued from organic revenue. Zero external funding or borrowing.

I sincerely hope the Karvy issue gets resolved without any damage to their customers and the health of the industry as a whole. Once again, let us reserve judgement until all facts emerge and the regulator completes their investigation.

@Smart_trade , Da !!! Political discussion which you never encourage as it will pave way for mud fight...you cleaned many of such posts..but when you start posting or encouraging that...it will start...after all there is social media platform for this ..why we should discuss this altogether which no way connected to the topic of this thread..i should not tell what you should do ,please stop political discussion this is what i can say...

i always remember..Bernard Shaw quote..

View attachment 38802
This was a major development in Maharashtra politics on weekends so some discussions on it was unavoidable.....I was participating in it without calling anyone names and without making personal remarks on anyone.But when people start talking about Bhakt,then telling lies,and on top of it making a personal comment about my market gyan,I had to give a suitable reply.I don’t need anyone’s certification about my gyan as my bank balance and Demat accounts are solid proofs of my market gyan .Successful people don’t need confirmation from others as their success speaks for itself..such confirmations unsuccessful,struggling people seek.We can have our political views but we should not attack anyone personally but what else can you expect from people who have lost their mental balance in anger and frustrations....

There are many more developments and issues will be decided in Courts and on the floor of the house....this will continue till 30th November and we will see the results of these developments ....no need to get angry or frustrated ...this is politics, anything can happen...all parties are similar and koi party doodh se dhuli hui nahi hain......

Forum will delete all off topic posts by today evening....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

XRAY27

This was a major development in Maharashtra politics on weekends so some discussions on it was unavoidable.....I was participating in it without calling anyone names and without making personal remarks on anyone.But when people start talking about Bhakt,then telling lies,and on top of it making a personal comment about my market gyan,I had to give a suitable reply.I don’t need anyone’s certification about my gyan as my bank balance and Demat accounts are solid proofs of my market gyan .Successful people don’t need confirmation from others as their success speaks for itself..such confirmations unsuccessful,struggling people seek.We can have our political views but we should not attack anyone personally but what else can you expect from people who have lost their mental balance in anger and frustrations....

There are many more developments and issues will be decided in Courts and on the floor of the house....this will continue till 30th November and we will see the results of these developments ....no need to get angry or frustrated ...this is politics, anything can happen...

But what you said about the pigs must be true as it came from George Bernard Shaw.....

Forum will delete all off topic posts by today evening....

Smart_trade
Da !!

Frustrating mentally is true face of unsuccessful personal life or financial health,what we see is show off or personal attack ...member should show some decency...hope climate of forum improves

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
@XRAY27 , here the discussion was political, the other person made personal comments, you are quoting"quotes", no problem.

The other day that that arseh*** Dan abused me for no reason, there was no discussion going on between me and him, but the 'decent' people of this forum maintained 'strategic restraint'....
I didn't need anybody's support that day, nor does ST sir needs any....but
It's good to have some spine..... which is good for ones ownself even out of this trading world....