Day Trading Stocks & Futures

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Brexit deal: What just happened?

Here's what's happening.

A Brexit deal has been agreed. Does that mean it's all done?

No.

Any deal needs to be approved by the UK Parliament and across the EU. The last time this happened, UK PM Theresa May failed to get her deal approved three times before resigning.

The new PM, Boris Johnson, has geared his entire leadership around getting Brexit done by 31 October.

But he still faces the same battle to get a divided parliament to agree to his deal.

And to make matters more complicated, he needs to get it done on Saturday to avoid a third Brexit extension.

Boris Johnson says he has struck "a great new deal" to accomplish Brexit - but still faces an uphill struggle.

If that sounds familiar, it's because we've been here before.

Leaving the EU is not as simple as it sounds. There are trade deals, travel restrictions, citizens' rights and more to think about.

So a "divorce agreement" was drawn up after a year and a half of negotiations.

But it was rejected three times in the UK Parliament.

The main sticking point was the Irish border between the UK and EU after Brexit.

The UK and EU agreed a "backstop" - a guarantee there would be no return to a hard border with checks, police, or soldiers - because of decades of violence in Northern Ireland in the past.

But the "backstop" could mean a customs border "in the sea" between Britain and Northern Ireland - something many in the UK saw as dividing the country.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50084450

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Market is going up for last 5 days....today being last day of the weekly settlement, the upmove accelerated could be on short covering,could be on Brexit news...but in the market traders have to be prepared for a sudden move in any direction.....stoploss is meant to protect us from such moves...

Market is going up after making a higher low...so there is a possibility that the uptrend has started...and as traders should position ourselves along with the new trend and not be in a denial....

Smart_trade
completely agree that market is in strong uptrend. All i'm saying is uptrend is not bcos of court judgement as it hasn't been delivered yet.

completely agree that market is in strong uptrend. All i'm saying is uptrend is not bcos of court judgement as it hasn't been delivered yet.
Some of the stocks which went up today like Tata Motors, Motherson Sumi etc may be due to Brexit news but the market was in uptrend before the news came.....stocks like Bajaj Finance, Asian Paints, DMart ,Kotak Bank,HDFC Life all were going up from last 5 days.....I am also not saying that the uptrend is because of any court judgement...the markets will always bottom out before the economy starts improving as the market is a lead indicator......

The upmove has nothing to do with Ram Janmabhumi Babri Masjid arguments being over and decision of Supreme Court is expected soon....

Edit : actually I made a reference to your post wrongly...wanted to refer to post by apegaonkar which said that the move came suddenly out of nowhere and destroyed him etc....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Some of the stocks which went up today like Tata Motors, Motherson Sumi etc may be due to Brexit news but the market was in uptrend before the news came.....stocks like Bajaj Finance, Asian Paints, DMart ,Kotak Bank,HDFC Life all were going up from last 5 days.....I am also not saying that the uptrend is because of any court judgement...the markets will always bottom out before the economy starts improving as the market is a lead indicator......

The upmove has nothing to do with Ram Janmabhumi Babri Masjid arguments being over and decision of Supreme Court is expected soon....

Edit : actually I made a reference to your post wrongly...wanted to refer to post by apegaonkar which said that the move came suddenly out of nowhere and destroyed him etc....

Smart_trade
thanks for clearing the air... I was re-reading my posts again to make sure nothing was said which could be taken other way... :p

yes, even other stocks like Pidilite, berger, BEL, Britannia are also in strong uptrend for last few days. I may be wrong in saying but to me it look like first time in many months, it was 'all inclusive' rally this week where most stock took part.

thanks for clearing the air... I was re-reading my posts again to make sure nothing was said which could be taken other way... :p

yes, even other stocks like Pidilite, berger, BEL, Britannia are also in strong uptrend for last few days. I may be wrong in saying but to me it look like first time in many months, it was 'all inclusive' rally this week where most stock took part.
I never had your post in mind...wanted to reply apegaonkar's post and I thought I pressed reply button under that post but possibly made some error...sorry for that....

Apegaonkar had written about a large loss very recently and wanted to tell him that such moves can come and it is traders job to not only protect us from such moves but profit from such moves.....

ST

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Today rally it's almost killed me half and half alive . Just breathing . What makes all of sudden this surge . It unimaginable ......:mad:
it wasn't from nowhere. The move built up gradually (15 min charts over week). If you look at below charts of 5 min, between 11 to 12 Nifty tried to go down of today's low but sustained.

15 min Nifty chart...

1571324320800.png

and 5 min Nifty for today's details

1571324350974.png