Day Trading Stocks & Futures

doss186

Many times I do early entry and the probability of that trade getting successful is very less .. although reduced early exit significantly..
Out of all your suggestions.. meditation was missing from my routine..i think this is the main reason why I am not able to control my mind monkey..your multi tasking theory about human capacity hold true specially in trading..
Thanks
:)
Meditation is diametrically opposite to trading. In meditation we try to keep our mind calm free of thoughts. But in trading we have to ponder between many indicators, systems, money management and lot more driving our mind crazy. In my opinion a meditator can never succeed in trading because the prices are moved by crazy people. If we want to succeed in trading keep hold on trading strategy which can give bread and butter if not gold and diamonds.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
I pres
Meditation is diametrically opposite to trading. In meditation we try to keep our mind calm free of thoughts. But in trading we have to ponder between many indicators, systems, money management and lot more driving our mind crazy. In my opinion a meditator can never succeed in trading because the prices are moved by crazy people. If we want to succeed in trading keep hold on trading strategy which can give bread and butter if not gold and diamonds.
I presume he is talking meditating before/after market hrs and not during trades.

I respectfully disagree. A meditator has a lot more edge than you can even imagine.

I pres

I presume he is talking meditating before/after market hrs and not during trades.
exactly. I can't expect to be not mindful when trading is happening :p

TraderRavi

low risk profile
I do not yet capital for executing my swing trades. I am building towards it. I am thinking that it would be a good idea to not have open swing positions over a weekend. What do you say Ravi bhai?
Bhai , Swing capital should be large enough to take care of big losses. Mostly gaps are in favour of prevailing trend but sometimes bad news like this can come out.
Lets say if someone holding 1 lot crude oil short in mcx and crude opens $5 up that means , 35000 loss
and if $10 then 70,000 loss per lot. But people use 55k NRML margin as capital. So many will get wiped out on monday volatility.
Big money can be made only by holding and sitting tight on your profitable position for many days/weeks.
A guy (not on this forum) started with only 40,000 as capital , using elliot waves he spotted a trade and bought puts. Nifty gave many up downs but he was sitting tight on his position and ultimately exited with 2 lakh Rs.
how many traders can show such patience. Most will exit at 50k , happy with 25% profit and 90% will exit at 80k as money doubled but he waited until last drop of juice :eek:

Last edited:

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/14/oil...-drone-attack-forces-saudi-to-cut-output.html

10 dollars ???? Anyone holding overnight shorts??? :eekk::eekk::cyclops::cyclops:

Oil could rise $10 per barrel after drone attack forces Saudi to cut output in half
In the following articel some more details from various different persons with different meanings, views and advises to this topic. Interesting read:

Instant View: Reactions to attack on Saudi oil facilities
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-...-attack-on-saudi-oil-facilities-idUSKBN1VZ0JP

Many times I do early entry and the probability of that trade getting successful is very less .. although reduced early exit significantly..
Out of all your suggestions.. meditation was missing from my routine..i think this is the main reason why I am not able to control my mind monkey..your multi tasking theory about human capacity hold true specially in trading..
Thanks
:)
Meditation is an incredibly powerful tool. It helps with what is called interoceptive ability. There is empirical evidence to prove it. One form is mindfulness which is quite a gentle way of getting in touch with your inner self. I have done it. A lot many people do it. There are numerous benefits that translate non-linearly.

XRAY27

After blowing accounts and using so called dicretionary systems...I lost my peace of mind totally. Last year during the same time, after learning about many many more technical analysis tools including different MAs and MA crossovers, I adopted a system that was still discretionary. I was still getting whooped.

That was when I started to do meditation and cut down the discretionary part ruthlessly. It then occurred to me that the ground beneath my feet is not shaky anymore and I could stand and see properly and walk properly again before I can start running. Go completely mechanical if you want long term sustainability. Have a system in place even if it gives you a 30% to 40% only strike rate. Long term wise it will help you immensely.

I have done the following. I would suggest the same for you too. I hope they help you too:

1. Zero in on a 2 to 3 rule based trading system- for each of your systems - i.e, intraday/ swing/ positional. My intraday system has only 2 rules. My swing system also has 2 rules only.
  2. If you are doing intraday, do not have more than 1 open position at any time. Remember that we are not Superman or Shaktimaan that we can multi-task. I was a cognitive neuroscience researcher & trust me when I say that multi-tasking is a myth and the greatest scam perpetrated upon us. Humans cannot multi-task. We can only do things sequentially. You might be a freak of nature and get things right initially or somewhere in between but you cannot get things right all the time if you multi-task. Still don't believe me? Study the empirical research for yourself.
  3. Be very strict with your entries and exits and do not have stupid things like early entry and early exits in place. There are no early or late exits. Just exits and entries. You either enter or you do not. Do not be in between.
  4. Maintain a trade journal and be brutally honest. Do not write any qualitative detail in it. The journal should be simple and should speak for itself.
Excellent write up !!! Afin bhai!!!,

5th point is write small line, (which I wrote in my daily read before market time)"I have made all the hard working making and testing a system ,now my task is the follow it,& will never compare my result with other person"

Meditation is an incredibly powerful tool. It helps with what is called interoceptive ability. There is empirical evidence to prove it. One form is mindfulness which is quite a gentle way of getting in touch with your inner self. I have done it. A lot many people do it. There are numerous benefits that translate non-linearly.
Do you follow any specific routine or youtube video/channel...

Excellent write up !!! Afin bhai!!!,

5th point is write small line, (which I wrote in my daily read before market time)"I have made all the hard working making and testing a system ,now my task is the follow it,& will never compare my result with other person"
thank you a lot sirjee! :) editing the original post with added 5th point