Day Trading Stocks & Futures

KAL.YUG

he must have done that by pyramiding...
investor aur sperms mein bhi yehi similarity hai..one in millions succeed ;)

The reason for their success: the most simple & obvious answer would be is that they have worked hard, they worked smart, dedicated time & energy in doing what they believed and they stuck to their belief.
An investors/traders success is measured monetarily i.e in the end how many crores one has made. These investors have made crores in few good companies(which gave them multi returns), but they have also had failures ,made bad investments in come stocks and lost crores.

Bro, Not only investors & sperms.... the rule is same for all entities in the universe. So many metals but all value gold, so many stones but ...diamond , one mount Everest, eight planets and only earth has life ... etc

On a lighter note (which is also very obvious) one in a million sperm succeed in the race and become a baby, continuing with the same energy/vigor one must also succeed in the game of life. But how many grow up and (continue with the same vigor) succeed in the race of life?

The reason for their success: the most simple & obvious answer would be is that they have worked hard, they worked smart, dedicated time & energy in doing what they believed and they stuck to their belief.
An investors/traders success is measured monetarily i.e in the end how many crores one has made. These investors have made crores in few good companies(which gave them multi returns), but they have also had failures ,made bad investments in come stocks and lost crores.

Bro, Not only investors & sperms.... the rule is same for all entities in the universe. So many metals but all value gold, so many stones but ...diamond , one mount Everest, eight planets and only earth has life ... etc

On a lighter note (which is also very obvious) one in a million sperm succeed in the race and become a baby, continuing with the same energy/vigor one must also succeed in the game of life. But how many grow up and (continue with the same vigor) succeed in the race of life?
Can't say how many are succed in race of life but most of them succeed in race for life..

Investment are subject to market risks.. please read the offer document carefully:)

दुबई के शासक शेख मोहम्मद बिन राशिद अल मकतूम ने अबू धाबी के क्राउन प्रिंस को चेतावनी दी कि सऊदी अरब के अंदर हवाई अड्डे और दूसरे ठिकानों पर हूती जो बमबारी कर रहे हैं, अगर एक दो मिसाइल या बम दुबई में दाग दिए तो यहां का पूरा कबाड़ा हो जाएगा."
https://www.bbc.com/hindi/international-49705541

can you suggest any that you have followed..I tried my best but till now not able to tame that beast...
After blowing accounts and using so called dicretionary systems...I lost my peace of mind totally. Last year during the same time, after learning about many many more technical analysis tools including different MAs and MA crossovers, I adopted a system that was still discretionary. I was still getting whooped.

That was when I started to do meditation and cut down the discretionary part ruthlessly. It then occurred to me that the ground beneath my feet is not shaky anymore and I could stand and see properly and walk properly again before I can start running. Go completely mechanical if you want long term sustainability. Have a system in place even if it gives you a 30% to 40% only strike rate. Long term wise it will help you immensely.

I have done the following. I would suggest the same for you too. I hope they help you too:
  1. Zero in on a 2 to 3 rule based trading system- for each of your systems - i.e, intraday/ swing/ positional. My intraday system has only 2 rules. My swing system also has 2 rules only.
  2. If you are doing intraday, do not have more than 1 open position at any time. Remember that we are not Superman or Shaktimaan that we can multi-task. I was a cognitive neuroscience researcher & trust me when I say that multi-tasking is a myth and the greatest scam perpetrated upon us. Humans cannot multi-task. We can only do things sequentially. You might be a freak of nature and get things right initially or somewhere in between but you cannot get things right all the time if you multi-task. Still don't believe me? Study the empirical research for yourself.
  3. Be very strict with your entries and exits and do not have stupid things like early entry and early exits in place. There are no early or late exits. Just exits and entries. You either enter or you do not. Do not be in between.
  4. Maintain a trade journal and be brutally honest. Do not write any qualitative detail in it. The journal should be simple and should speak for itself.
  5. On input of @XRAY27 : (daily read before market time)"I have made all the hard working making and testing a system ,now my task is the follow it,& will never compare my result with other person"

Last edited:

TraderRavi

low risk profile
https://www.cnbc.com/2019/09/14/oil...-drone-attack-forces-saudi-to-cut-output.html

10 dollars ???? Anyone holding overnight shorts??? :eekk::eekk::cyclops::cyclops:

Oil could rise $10 per barrel after drone attack forces Saudi to cut output in half
Many must be holding shorts and they will anxiously watch the crude oil price at 4:30 am Monday open in investing site. On MCX 4-5 more hours wait. and long holders cant wait for open also.
Black swan events like these are very fearful for positional/swing traders , if caught on opposite side. I remember few years ago Banknifty was opened 1000 points gap up due to some anouncement by RBI and one of TJ member was holding shorts. In nifty I have never seen more than 500 points gap up/ gap down , max was 400 + .
edit : I was holding a long and short both in crude oil (sep & oct expiry) for last few days but have to exit first long due to severe fall after trump fired bolton and then exited short on last min on friday as crude was holding ground.
Agar dono long/short rakhe hote to maza aata. :p

Last edited:
Many must be holding shorts and they will anxiously watch the crude oil price at 4:30 am Monday open in investing site. On MCX 4-5 more hours wait. and long holders cant wait for open also.
Black swan events like these are very fearful for positional/swing traders , if caught on opposite side. I remember few years ago Banknifty was opened 1000 points gap up due to some anouncement by RBI and one of TJ member was holding shorts. In nifty I have never seen more than 500 points gap up/ gap down , max was 400 + .
edit : I was holding a long and short both in crude oil (sep & oct expiry) for last few days but have to exit first long due to severe fall after trump fired bolton and then exited short on last min on friday as crude was holding ground.
Agar dono long/short rakhe hote to maza aata. :p
I do not yet capital for executing my swing trades. I am building towards it. I am thinking that it would be a good idea to not have open swing positions over a weekend. What do you say Ravi bhai?

After blowing accounts and using so called dicretionary systems...I lost my peace of mind totally. Last year during the same time, after learning about many many more technical analysis tools including different MAs and MA crossovers, I adopted a system that was still discretionary. I was still getting whooped.

That was when I started to do meditation and cut down the discretionary part ruthlessly. It then occurred to me that the ground beneath my feet is not shaky anymore and I could stand and see properly and walk properly again before I can start running. Go completely mechanical if you want long term sustainability. Have a system in place even if it gives you a 30% to 40% only strike rate. Long term wise it will help you immensely.

I have done the following. I would suggest the same for you too. I hope they help you too:

1. Zero in on a 2 to 3 rule based trading system- for each of your systems - i.e, intraday/ swing/ positional. My intraday system has only 2 rules. My swing system also has 2 rules only.
  2. If you are doing intraday, do not have more than 1 open position at any time. Remember that we are not Superman or Shaktimaan that we can multi-task. I was a cognitive neuroscience researcher & trust me when I say that multi-tasking is a myth and the greatest scam perpetrated upon us. Humans cannot multi-task. We can only do things sequentially. You might be a freak of nature and get things right initially or somewhere in between but you cannot get things right all the time if you multi-task. Still don't believe me? Study the empirical research for yourself.
  3. Be very strict with your entries and exits and do not have stupid things like early entry and early exits in place. There are no early or late exits. Just exits and entries. You either enter or you do not. Do not be in between.
  4. Maintain a trade journal and be brutally honest. Do not write any qualitative detail in it. The journal should be simple and should speak for itself.
Many times I do early entry and the probability of that trade getting successful is very less .. although reduced early exit significantly..
Out of all your suggestions.. meditation was missing from my routine..i think this is the main reason why I am not able to control my mind monkey..your multi tasking theory about human capacity hold true specially in trading..
Thanks
:)