Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Mere doomsday bhai this article is 7 yrs old. We can easily validate what happened to 1 cr in half the time.
My point was no one talks of inflation. I know it is a 7 yr old article. I had it on my bookmarks!

checkmate7

Bhai the only investment that beats inflation is equity. Except for real estate but high capital requirements and liquidity. Fixed income will not beat inflation.
Equity doesn't always do that. People buying in 1991 have lost more than 33% of wealth in absolute terms. I shudder to think what the figure might be if opportunity costs and inflationary indexing were to be considered.

Just wait until climate risks come out in open and play out! Picture abhi baaki hai

Equity doesn't always do that. People buying in 1991 have lost more than 33% of wealth in absolute terms. I shudder to think what the figure might be if opportunity costs and inflationary indexing were to be considered.

Just wait until climate risks come out in open and play out! Picture abhi baaki hai

You are giving an example of Japan where economy is not growing, it is a stagnant country with huge ageing population....Banks in Japan give -0.25 % interest ie you have to pay the bank to keep your money in fixed deposit.

Two countries are not comparable......See if we invested in India in 1991 even in any equity fund then we made money or not.......

Smart_trade

You are giving an example of Japan where economy is not growing, it is a stagnant country with huge ageing population....Banks in Japan give -0.25 % interest ie you have to pay the bank to keep your money in fixed deposit.

Two countries are not comparable......See if we invested in India in 1991 even in any equity fund then we made money or not.......

Smart_trade
But before the stagnation set in was very strong economic growth too! :) I bet the managers in 1986 or 88 would have forecasted Nikkei to touch 50k by 2000. That it didn't is another story ofcourse.

1565109177602.png

But before the stagnation set in was very strong economic growth too! :) I bet the managers in 1986 or 88 would have forecasted Nikkei to touch 50k by 2000. That it didn't is another story ofcourse.

View attachment 36897
There is something called stoploss...no one invests in 1991 and keeps the investments without any stoploss till 2018....

ST