Day Trading Stocks & Futures

ST Da/Members,
In reference to recent news of default by IL&FS to brokers, request your inputs for following questions:

1) If funds have been received back by clients. If not, by when funds will be made available. Is there any time limit by law?

2) Some articles mentioned that brokers allowed their F&O positions to remain open at expiry, thereby making physical settlement necessary. To the extent I understand, this was probably also not honoured. If this leads to shortfalls/delivery issues at client level, how would it be resolved? Will clients made liable for not fault of theirs?

3) Will payment guarantee settlement fund of stock exchanges liable to make good such default? If yes, is there any limits?

I think many of our trader friends would also have these queries. Clarity will help us all. Thanks
As far I read from the newspapers and internet , one Allied Financial who cleared its trades through ILFS used its clients' collateral for their own speculative positions and lost big money and unable to make payment obligation , this is clearly gross failure of NSE margins and collateral collection.....not sure if this is the correct position or some facts are suppressed. I dont understand how someone else's collaterals are used by the broker....this is very risky.

The clients have full right to receive the funds if they are receivable in that settlement, as the counterparty in every trade is NSE and not ILFS...so clients will get their money back provided it is a genuine transaction and not a transaction to take out the money...but the matter has gone to the court and there could be delay...

If the delivery obligations are not met, NSE will auction and debit the loss to the defaulting brokers....who will recover from their clients...

NSE has a huge settlement guarantee fund so it wont have any default and investors money will be safe.Rs 300-400 Cr default is a small change for NSE settlement guarantee fund....

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Your words may not be wrong but the tone is not kind :).

And why do you scare me with these examples of Traffic signals, Trucks and Death. :shy::madi:Please warn with nice examples...
How do I write what I had to write and still give examples that would make you feel exuberant? :)
Come on, how is my tone not nice? I was literally singing out the words while I was typing them out :)
I suggest you continue to trade how you trade, without paying any heed to my post :)
In a singsong voce, just for you, Beesstttt ooofffff luuuccckkkkkk! :)

i want to pop alert in amibroker whenever any stock hits pivot supp/res.
it should be triggered in all the symbols available in ami in real time whether the chart is open or not..
anyone has any idea on this..

mohan.sic

How do I write what I had to write and still give examples that would make you feel exuberant? :)
Come on, how is my tone not nice? I was literally singing out the words while I was typing them out :)
I suggest you continue to trade how you trade, without paying any heed to my post :)
In a singsong voce, just for you, Beesstttt ooofffff luuuccckkkkkk! :)
Ok...that's fine sir...nothing wrong if you have opposite view to my trading. Even I don't like my trades many times. I was only joking on the example of traffic signal and truck.....

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Maruti Suzuki July sales crash 34% to two-year low

Maruti Suzuki India, country's largest passenger vehicle maker, disappointed the analysts on August 1 by reporting sharp fall in July sales.

Company sold 1.09 lakh units in July 2019, the lowest in last two-year, down by 33.5 percent compared to 1.64 lakh units sold in the same period, previous year.

Numbers were lower than Nomura expectation of 1.17 lakh units for the month.
Maruti said domestic sales in July 2019 were down 35.1 percent at 1 lakh units and passenger car sales fell 36.2 percent to 71,486 units compared to July 2018.

Total exports also declined 9.4 percent year-on-year to 9,258 units in the month gone by.

Maruti saw weak demand across segments with mini (Alto, Old WagonR) category showing a 69.3 percent fall YoY, and compact category (New WagonR, Ignis, Baleno, Swift) reporting a 23 percent decline YoY in July 2019.

However, the only segment that registered a half a percent growth was light commercial vehicle, under which it sells Super Carry.

The stock was quoting at Rs 5,475.00, up Rs 2.85, or 0.05 percent on the BSE at 1052 hours IST.

The Maruti stock has been under pressure so far in 2019, having fallen more than 20 percent so far in the year, and nearly 40 percent in the last 12 months.

After subdued June quarter earnings last week, analysts had trimmed their earnings estimates for Maruti, but feel that it is still a strong bet for the long term, and that investors can look at buying on dips.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...y-sales-crash-34-to-two-year-low-4276261.html

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Tiger count rises 33% in India

India now has as many as 2,967 tigers in the wild, with more than half of them in Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka, according to the latest tiger estimation report for 2018, released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday.

The range for the total tiger population in the wild is 2,603-3,346. The population has increased by nearly 33% since the last census in 2014 when the total estimate was 2,226.

However, this growth has not been uniform across all 18 states where tigers are found. The count has decreased drastically from 46 to 19 in Chhattisgarh. In Odisha, it has been on a continual decline over the years and now stands at 28.

“We have 50 tiger reserves. Not all are doing well. We admit that poaching is a concern. There is a lack of protection and management measures in some areas. Tigers thrive in areas where the prey density, habitat conditions are good; if that does not happen, the numbers will not improve," said Anup Kumar Naik, chief of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA).

Madhya Pradesh showed the highest increase of 218 tigers, reaching an estimated 526, followed by Karnataka with 524.

The two states have the highest population of the predator. The numbers have also increased in Uttarakhand (442), Maharashtra (312) and Tamil Nadu (264).

The tiger bearing habitats were divided into five landscape regions—Shivalik-Gangetic plains, Central India and the Eastern Ghats, Western Ghats, North Eastern Hills and Brahmaputra Flood Plains and the Sundarbans.

A total of 2,461 individual tigers more than a year old were photo-captured as part of the census.

India with 50 tiger reserves in 18 states has over 80% of the global tiger population which stands at 3,159.

The future of tigers as a species, as well as the success of the Global Tiger Recovery Plan thus depends on India’s success.

The population estimates were prepared by collecting field data on tiger sign intensity, prey abundance, human disturbance and habitat characteristics in various forest beats. This was followed by estimates based on camera trap images.

“India has achieved a historic milestone. On Global Tiger Day, we reaffirm our commitment to conserve tiger population in the country. We are doing whatever we can to save and conserve the majestic animal," said Modi calling upon heads of other countries to form an alliance of global leaders to eliminate the demand for illegal poaching in Asia.

The extensive exercise is considered to be the world’s largest wildlife survey. It covered 381,000 sq. km of forested habitats in 18 states where tigers are found in India. A foot survey of 5.22 lakh km was done for tiger signs and prey abundance estimation.

A total of 26,838 camera traps resulted in 34.8 million photographs of wildlife, of which 76,651 were of tigers and 51,777 of leopards.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india...ar-is-uneven-across-states-1564384170129.html

vikas2131

Tiger count rises 33% in India

India now has as many as 2,967 tigers in the wild, with more than half of them in Madhya Pradesh and Karnataka, according to the latest tiger estimation report for 2018, released by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday.

The range for the total tiger population in the wild is 2,603-3,346. The population has increased by nearly 33% since the last census in 2014 when the total estimate was 2,226.

However, this growth has not been uniform across all 18 states where tigers are found. The count has decreased drastically from 46 to 19 in Chhattisgarh. In Odisha, it has been on a continual decline over the years and now stands at 28.

“We have 50 tiger reserves. Not all are doing well. We admit that poaching is a concern. There is a lack of protection and management measures in some areas. Tigers thrive in areas where the prey density, habitat conditions are good; if that does not happen, the numbers will not improve," said Anup Kumar Naik, chief of National Tiger Conservation Authority (NTCA).

Madhya Pradesh showed the highest increase of 218 tigers, reaching an estimated 526, followed by Karnataka with 524.

The two states have the highest population of the predator. The numbers have also increased in Uttarakhand (442), Maharashtra (312) and Tamil Nadu (264).

The tiger bearing habitats were divided into five landscape regions—Shivalik-Gangetic plains, Central India and the Eastern Ghats, Western Ghats, North Eastern Hills and Brahmaputra Flood Plains and the Sundarbans.

A total of 2,461 individual tigers more than a year old were photo-captured as part of the census.

India with 50 tiger reserves in 18 states has over 80% of the global tiger population which stands at 3,159.

The future of tigers as a species, as well as the success of the Global Tiger Recovery Plan thus depends on India’s success.

The population estimates were prepared by collecting field data on tiger sign intensity, prey abundance, human disturbance and habitat characteristics in various forest beats. This was followed by estimates based on camera trap images.

“India has achieved a historic milestone. On Global Tiger Day, we reaffirm our commitment to conserve tiger population in the country. We are doing whatever we can to save and conserve the majestic animal," said Modi calling upon heads of other countries to form an alliance of global leaders to eliminate the demand for illegal poaching in Asia.

The extensive exercise is considered to be the world’s largest wildlife survey. It covered 381,000 sq. km of forested habitats in 18 states where tigers are found in India. A foot survey of 5.22 lakh km was done for tiger signs and prey abundance estimation.

A total of 26,838 camera traps resulted in 34.8 million photographs of wildlife, of which 76,651 were of tigers and 51,777 of leopards.

https://www.livemint.com/news/india...ar-is-uneven-across-states-1564384170129.html
In real or just on paper, i wonder .