Day Trading Stocks & Futures

that thought too had crossed my mind but what if I place my deposits in a bank like Kotak? Solid corporate governance and low NPA ratios. It is not like I will park my money in some Ujjivan small finance bank or some Coop bank or some gone case PSB with a huge loan problem.

And about hyper inflation when my cash starts turning into just paper, I will then bother about it or a bit in advance when I hear of the warning signs.
why don't you buy this kotak stock then :)

that thought too had crossed my mind but what if I place my deposits in a bank like Kotak? Solid corporate governance and low NPA ratios. It is not like I will park my money in some Ujjivan small finance bank or some Coop bank or some gone case PSB with a huge loan problem.

And about hyper inflation when my cash starts turning into just paper, I will then bother about it or a bit in advance when I hear of the warning signs.
I am not saying it is a right or wrong assumption, as i don't know / hold a view about it

but for the scenario you are worried about forget Kotak, even the Post Office may default . . .

RBI has an IAS officer heading it and he is from Ex Finance Ministry...so Govt's wish may not be totally overlooked.
Govt should ensure that this atmosphere of fear and mistrust which banks have for lending to legitimate cases of worthy borrowers is corrected....that is the way to inject liquidity in the system.

Smart_trade
Bhai, agreed that the legislature can exert some influence over RBI, but ultimately the Bank too has to maintain its autonomy. Yes, the present situation does call for some rate cut, IMO.

Legitimate cases of worthy borrowers - it is well intentioned. But then we wouldn't really have any NPAs would we :D

Riskyman

yes...it was due to the OTM call I got on fryday(rs. 40)..still it was on loss...covered the ITM call too to limit my loss..I can't see the chart correctly when I am in trade...need to do more anulom vilom
Ayya. I thought you were holding puts. Aap roz naya googly dalte ho. :p
Koi baat nahi. Recovery hogi. Good luck!

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
I thought (and still think) that good investment is less risky and more rewarding business. But I suppose, not many people on TJ would agree with me on that. Probably 99.9% are vanilla traders here, of great majority amongst them are day traders, who wouldn't like to take an overnight 'risk' even (but will happily embrace intraday volatility).
Everybody must be having some plan, to achieve that common goal of financial independence.
Good luck to everyone.

checkmate7

Auropharma gaya bahut neeche...

I am not saying it is a right or wrong assumption, as i don't know / hold a view about it

but for the scenario you are worried about forget Kotak, even the Post Office may default . . .

I will take a bigger bet on Post Office defaulting than Kotak in the current scenario.

https://www.businesstoday.in/sector...-as-biggest-loss-making-psu/story/337470.html

India Post losses touch Rs 15,000 crore in FY19; replaces Air India, BSNL as biggest loss-making PSU