Day Trading Stocks & Futures

In the option calculator you need to tinker with the IV and keeping other values constant till you get the price of the option to the current market price. if you notice that the IV which you have entered is higher than the historical value then the option is inflated. There is a risk of volatility crush. You derive the Iv indirectly that's why it is called "implied volatility."
Practise it enough and you won't even need a calculator :)

within 15 mins of the opening range extension tgts of bnf met. at this price level there is not much room for me to look for long trade at this price level. theoretical tgt now for further extension is 29357 on the upside.

Vodafone IDEA. Currently it has gone down below its rights issue price. cmp 11.9.But I feel todays low could be its reversal low. The elliot wave count on this chart has been so tough and i tried my best.we might witness the reversal sign today itself or maximum it might have another 10-15% fall due, up to 10.55 which is mid channel line. but looks to me reversal is just around the corner. And that reversal might be a sharp one since the current wave 5 is a diagonal pattern. If it happens then 20 could be achieved sharply. Lets see how it happens.
1558070555349.png

soft_trader

Yesterday I did a mistake of jumping right at the opening after looking at the gap up in USDINR. Normally my rule is to wait until 10, and observe the direction. Yesterday I wrote at a premium of 0.05 (70.75CE) and it went upto 0.1350, but I am holding it knowing that the intrinsic value is 0. And if the market stabilises then by the end of week it will become 0. by Thursday if the spot price moves closer to 70.75 then I shall close the existing position and roll over to next weeks 71CE or higher with similar premiums. (Note: I won't do the rollover this week if this scenario comes because of election result next week, and it is a self-declared holiday for me, but this is what I normally do).

But sometimes, the market just moves relentlessly in one direction against me, and I am yet to figure out a way.
Above mentioned USDINR position closed @ 0.0025

Promised myself not to trade election result week, but after looking at the premium of May expiry options of strike 72CE and 68PE, couldn't control myself. Ended up shorting those two strikes (half of my usual qty though).