Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Raj232

bhai, aren't you restrictin yourself & denying yourself opportunities by focusing on just 1 instrument and not trading it? :)
I've already wasted several years on other instruments... with swing trading you get 5- 10% not more.. with BN options its usually in range of 100% ...
although it has its own risks... !!! :)

sr114

From this article :

An unusual trade is happening in the futures and options market.

There’s a build-up in open interest—or the number of outstanding contracts—of June 2019 Nifty 50 call options for 5,000 strike.
Simply put, someone has bought options to buy Nifty 50 at 5,000 points in June. That’s less than half the current value of the benchmark which is trading at more than 10,800 levels.

A call contract gives the holder the option, but not the obligation, to buy a security at a pre-determined level or price. These are deep-in-the-money call contracts where the strike price is significantly below the market price of the underlying asset. Such contracts are not unusual in the derivatives market and are used by large institutions to hedge against adverse market events. But in this case, the majority of the options were sold for an aggregate value of at least Rs 422 crore. To bet a high amount on an index tumbling by more than half in six months is strange.

No one expects the Nifty to lose half the value by June, a dealer said requesting anonymity as he is not authorised to speak to the media. This is not a directional trade, he said.

The build-up in the open interest in the contract is entirely new and not a rollover of any past deep-in-the-money contracts that expired in December 2018, according to data available on the Bloomberg terminal.
Bro
what does this trade explain? any clue - as if Nifty 50 cracks 50% the premium will be zero. Now who will buy or sell in this situation?
why i buy this contract when i lose everything if it happens? better to buy a 5000 PE of that series.
pls explain
TIA

Raj232

Bro
what does this trade explain? any clue - as if Nifty 50 cracks 50% the premium will be zero. Now who will buy or sell in this situation?
why i buy this contract when i lose everything if it happens? better to buy a 5000 PE of that series.
pls explain
TIA
The journalist did not have a story to go with it.. so he posted something that he could not understand.
Also, the 5000 CE did not come at Rs 100 premium.. it came at a premium of some Rs 5500+
Market makers are almost compelled to sell the the buyer if it is still profitable .. while they take an opposite trade (probably futures)
There is no need to worry about the 5000 strike as the quantity (volume) is not much :)

Natural Gas is looking like a very lucrative and promising setup.

Given the weather conditions in North America also for the next 1 week, we could see Nat Gas go till almost 260 also in a week. This is a very good combination of both technicals and fundamentals.