Day Trading Stocks & Futures

@Smart_trade what do you think will happen to the liquidity scene post sep 2021 when overnight margins become compulsory even for intraday trades? 10 lots of nifty would require approx 15 lakhs upfront. Won't this kill liquidity and make things hard for even well capitalised traders. For example punching in a 100 lot order will cause serious slippage. In stock fno, the bid ask spread and slippage while entering and exiting might make them untradeable

@Smart_trade what do you think will happen to the liquidity scene post sep 2021 when overnight margins become compulsory even for intraday trades? 10 lots of nifty would require approx 15 lakhs upfront. Won't this kill liquidity and make things hard for even well capitalised traders. For example punching in a 100 lot order will cause serious slippage. In stock fno, the bid ask spread and slippage while entering and exiting might make them untradeable
No idea about punching 100 lot order because I have never punched a single order of 100 lots in my entire trading life..........I am a very small trader/investor.

With increased margins, day trading volume( of traders trading with small margins) will go down initially but market participants will adjust to the increased margins quickly in my view.....changing market lot,charging upfront margins ,increase in margins have just a temporary effect but market adjusts with the new regulations quickly is what is my experience.

Godrej Consumer Products above Rs 700 after a long time.........

No idea about punching 100 lot order because I have never punched a single order of 100 lots in my entire trading life..........I am a very small trader/investor.

With increased margins, day trading volume( of traders trading with small margins) will go down initially but market participants will adjust to the increased margins quickly in my view.....changing market lot,charging upfront margins ,increase in margins have just a temporary effect but market adjusts with the new regulations quickly is what is my experience.
It is seen from the way things are moving that in future SEBI wants traders to be well capitalised to trade in F&O......whether it is a right policy or not can be debated but finally everyone has to fall in line.....we still have time to strengthen our capitalisation and we all should work towards it. Rs 15 L for 10 lots even for intraday is not very big capital and our traders should not have much of difficulty in putting that togather.

For traders starting as new traders, they may have to trade in cash markets or on 2-3 lots till their capital increases.......excessive leverage is not good for long term survival of a trader.....

Chaos is about to rule the streets if this is true.

INDIAN GOVT IS SAID TO PRIVATISE BOI, IOB,UCO AND CENTRAL BANK: ET NOW SOURCE
Vikas babu 2-4 banks kharid lo........hum sab ki margin ka zanzat khatam kar do.........Pure Traderji members ke account aap ki bank me......

It is seen from the way things are moving that in future SEBI wants traders to be well capitalised to trade in F&O......whether it is a right policy or not can be debated but finally everyone has to fall in line.....we still have time to strengthen our capitalisation and we all should work towards it. Rs 15 L for 10 lots even for intraday is not very big capital and our traders should not have much of difficulty in putting that togather.

For traders starting as new traders, they may have to trade in cash markets or on 2-3 lots till their capital increases.......excessive leverage is not good for long term survival of a trader.....
They were going to almost ban retail traders a year back or so with minimum capital requirement but brokers seems to have lobbied to stopped that so SEBI is tightening the screws some other ways.